Thread: El Gaucho
View Single Post
Old Thursday, June 16th, 2005, 07:46 AM

Amy B. is on a distinguished road
Default Re: El Gaucho

We had asked to be seated in the small front room (it is quieter). They have redone this room since last year and it is very beautiful. There is now a large table at the end of this room, set off for some privacy. The chairs are now small booths with very cushiony seats; maybe a little too cushiony as my feet couldn’t reach the floor. We wanted to get a pitcher of Sangria, but I was worried I wouldn’t like it. The waiter brought me a small amount so I could try it first. It was good, but not quite as yummy as the one at Salt & Pepper. We ordered a medium pitcher. The steaks no longer come with a salad, which was fine for me, as I don’t like any of their dressings. We both ordered the Gaucho steak and Chris ordered a side salad to start. The garlic dipping sauce was amazing, as usual, as was the perfectly prepared steak. The corn, potatoes & broccoli were all excellent. We were too full for dessert (too full of Sangria!) even though we each only ate ˝ of our steaks and took the rest back with us (the waiter also gave us a small container of the garlic sauce). $81 with service included.