Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Sunday, June 12th, 2005, 01:48 AM

suzy is on a distinguished road
Default Aruba Weather - any info?

Hi There, this is my first post. My husband, son, and I will be visiting Aruba for the 1st time on 6/19. I have been so excited. But, I just checked the weather channel and it calls for rain (solid rain) for 6/19 & 6/20 (our 1st two days there). Can someone tell me how much it rains there and if what the forecast calls for is actually different from what happends on the island.

What is there to do if it does rain?

Is there another disturbance coming in? I'm a bit worried right now.

Thanks, Susan
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, June 12th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aruba Weather - any info?

our first suggestion to you is to turn off the weather channel. do you know how they show your hometown in that green 'it's going to rain' section and then your local guy says 20% chance of a scattered shower? well, that is what you are seeing for aruba. this is not the rainy season. the chances are that there will be a 10 minute scattered shower at the high rise area while the low rise watches the clouds pass and the next day the locations will reverse. we proved that to a honeymooning couple in may. we stood in the ocean talking with them as they kept pointing out some storm clouds quickly blowing over us. we didn't move and they were embarrassed to move i think when we didn't. we told them if it rained it would last less than 5 minutes. well, the storm came, dropped about 3 drops on our faces and the storm left. we turned to them and said, 'welcome to aruba'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy
Hi There, this is my first post. My husband, son, and I will be visiting Aruba for the 1st time on 6/19. I have been so excited. But, I just checked the weather channel and it calls for rain (solid rain) for 6/19 & 6/20 (our 1st two days there). Can someone tell me how much it rains there and if what the forecast calls for is actually different from what happends on the island.

What is there to do if it does rain?

Is there another disturbance coming in? I'm a bit worried right now.

Thanks, Susan
Old Sunday, June 12th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Almost Aruban

kevin d is on a distinguished road

Well said Sherry - Suzy, welcome to the board, and prepare for perfect weather. If it rains, it'll likely be very brief and you'll be glad it did.
Old Sunday, June 12th, 2005, 11:12 AM

dixieluvsaruba is on a distinguished road

Sherry and Kevin are right. The longest "storm" I have encountered was a 10 minute downpour one morning last July. 15 minutes after that, you would never have known it rained. Relax and enjoy. You will have a great time in Aruba.

Aruba September 7 - 14, 2014

Woohoo!!!!!!

Old Sunday, June 12th, 2005, 09:36 PM

Freebirdto is on a distinguished road

My wife and I are visiting Aruba for the first time on June 25, for 7 days. All the weather information I had seen on the various sites was the "tourist promo info"

"CLIMATE
Aruba enjoys a very healthy climate, making it a year-round paradise for residents and visitors alike. The average temperature is 82F (28C), with cooling trade winds and the rarity of tropical storms and hurricanes."

BUT, we had to book our vacation this year in June due to schedule commitments. When I logged into The Weather Channel last week looking at monthly averages I saw that June is traditionally the hottest month and the temperatures are running 92 to 94 degrees and with the humidity, makes it feel like (the Weather Channel says) 102 to 104 degrees.

I realize that heat and comfort are very relative but how comfortable are conditions right now? What's your opinion of The Weather Channel adding 10 more degrees because of the humdity?

Thanks, Freebirdto
Old Sunday, June 12th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Almost Aruban

kevin d is on a distinguished road

We've always traveled there in Sept, when it's only slightly less warm than June. The water is perfect, the air temp quite warm but comfortable. I've never noticed the humidity - that may be because I live in the DC Metro area, famous for gross levels of humidity. The breeze takes care of business, it won't feel like 100+ degrees.
Old Monday, June 13th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Aruba Expert

captmorgnsgrl is on a distinguished road

We leave on Thursday for two weeks and we always go this timeframe. Please forget the weather forecasts as they do not hold true. And as Kevin said, you will welcome it if it does rain! Just go and enjoy!

Old Monday, June 13th, 2005, 12:04 PM

Smile Re: Aruba Weather - any info?

Thanks everyone. I feel much better. This is going to be a great trip. I can't wait to see my 7 year old's face when he see's the beautiful water. I've researched this trip for so long, that I feel that I've been there and back! We went to the pool yesterday in the DC area and got kind of fried. That was a good warning for me to make sure we all use plenty of sunscreen on the island. This BB has been a wealth of information, thank you for everything. Suzy
Old Monday, June 13th, 2005, 12:09 PM

Jerseygirl is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: Aruba Weather - any info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy
Thanks everyone. I feel much better. This is going to be a great trip. I can't wait to see my 7 year old's face when he see's the beautiful water. I've researched this trip for so long, that I feel that I've been there and back! We went to the pool yesterday in the DC area and got kind of fried. That was a good warning for me to make sure we all use plenty of sunscreen on the island. This BB has been a wealth of information, thank you for everything. Suzy
Ha ha Suzy,

Know what you mean about the research. Have fun...We go in August. CANNOT WAIT!! Make sure you snap a pic of your son's face when he sees that water! I would love to see that picture!!! LOL Awwwww
Old Monday, June 13th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Aruba Expert

captmorgnsgrl is on a distinguished road

Have a great time...don't forget the sunscreen on the top of your head, ears and tops of your feet. A sunburn can ruin a beautiful vaction....

Suzie

Old Monday, June 13th, 2005, 03:24 PM

jayed is on a distinguished road

And please remember to reapply,reapply,reapply your sunscreen.Rather than look at weather forecasts go to bucuticam.com and see aruba live!!
Old Monday, June 13th, 2005, 05:08 PM

mslia is on a distinguished road

hi, I've been going to Aruba for 28 years... yes it can rain, but... 2 hints:
1. if it starts to rain, NEVER run for cover (most floors are slippery when wet, the most accidents come from slipping on wet floors) just walk carefully- you won't melt.
2. my favorite is to put a small collapsible umbrella in your beach bag. I've been seen many times sitting on the beach under an umbrella under a chickie...

I believe we have only had 1 full day of rain in all the years we've been going. When that happens it really stinks but oh well, shopping is fun too.... have fun, I can't wait, we leave 6/26th
Old Tuesday, June 14th, 2005, 06:56 AM

Post Re: Aruba Weather - any info?

while you guys are being so helpful... : ) Do you know anything about the dune surfing? should we take our 7 year old boy? Maybe my husband, haha? Really, have you heard of anyone whose done it. there was a recommendation to wear jeans if you go, however putting long pants on in Aruba sounds oppressive, any suggestions?

Thanks again, Suzy
Old Tuesday, June 14th, 2005, 04:44 PM

shelley p is on a distinguished road

Don't totally discount the weather report. I was just there 2 weeks ago and the weather said rain just about every day and everyone said don't worry about it. IT RAINED AND HARD. It did only last around 1 hour or less each time, but that was enough to get you very wet if you were not prepared. It rained twice while we were there on two seperate days. It pretty humid anyway so the rain dried very quickly and then it was gone. Don't worry about it raining everyday but you just might get wet if you totally ignore the reports, take an umbrella just in case. With the wind it blows thru pretty quickly but it did last more than 5 or 10minutes while I was there and I was glad i took a small umbrella and if you don't need it then what's the harm.