Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011, 06:16 PM

TLCBB is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Sean Paul Jewelers

NEVER – NEVER – BUY ANYTHING FROM THE TWINS – THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED.
read on:
They stiffed us for 2 triangular diamonds, one I had placed into an existing ring of mine the other was for a necklace. When we came back to Canada, we took them to be appraised. Our jeweler asked me if I had dropped my ring and stepped on it that the diamond was not worth anything, it looked like it had been crushed, was not clear and had many fractures in it. WOW – was I in shock, he then looked at the necklace and said it was a bit better but still worth nothing. He then showed me a triangular diamond in his case that was perfect, clear, and beautiful, the ring he showed us was just over $2,000.00. We paid almost $3,000.00 for those worthless diamonds.
I have been attempting to write to Sean and Paul but the e-mails address they gave us does not work, the web page is not real and the phone number does not work either. I would have loved to give them a few wise words, but can not. I will when we return to Aruba.
Guaranteed we will visit them the next time in Aruba. This does not stop us from loving Aruba, but I wish to say BUYERS BEWARE.
WOW – BE FORWARNED.
NEVER – NEVER – BUY ANYTHING FROM THE TWINS – THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED.

Last edited by TLCBB; Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 at 03:12 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, February 3rd, 2011, 12:50 AM

JanetB is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sean Paul Jewelers

I also had major issues with Sean's - do a search on this forum and you will find my saga. Here is the email address I used, which they did respond to - I did finally get some resolution to the problem, but will never do business with them again!

seanpauljewelers@yahoo.com

Good Luck!
Old Thursday, February 3rd, 2011, 08:22 AM

Thank you, I will send the letter to that address.
Old Thursday, February 3rd, 2011, 01:25 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetB View Post
I also had major issues with Sean's - do a search on this forum and you will find my saga. Here is the email address I used, which they did respond to - I did finally get some resolution to the problem, but will never do business with them again!

seanpauljewelers@yahoo.com

Good Luck!

I remember that saga Janet. I followed that story like it was happening to me, and what I remember most was that you never gave up. But you really had to keep at it for a long, long time.

Old Thursday, February 3rd, 2011, 03:19 PM

I Love Aruba Re: Sean Paul Jewelers

Sent e-mail last night and have a reply from Anna Bhatia
saying that "we can try and fix this problem".
We shall see!!!!
Sean and Paul are away at a jewelry show and she forwarded my e-mail.

No matter what I will always Love Aruba.
Old Sunday, February 6th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Aruba Expert

charlescroes is on a distinguished road

Hi and WOW am I sorry to hear this same story (Again!)

What I wold like to pint out is that what happened to you happened between yourself and those particular vendors. We as an Aruban Nation (in general and on the whole) are not represented by that kind of behavior.

Be strong because the weak capitulate.

be well
charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCBB View Post
Sent e-mail last night and have a reply from Anna Bhatia
saying that "we can try and fix this problem".
We shall see!!!!
Sean and Paul are away at a jewelry show and she forwarded my e-mail.

No matter what I will always Love Aruba.
Old Saturday, February 12th, 2011, 07:36 PM

Shannon's Mom is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: Sean Paul Jewelers

Right before my first visit to Aruba in August of 2007, my then co-worker who had been several times, warned me about this Jewelry store. She and her huband had a very bad experience and got nowhere when trying to deal with them in person. They went to Kay Jewelers because her husband had purchased something for himself there. She was still crying and the owner came out and asked her what was wrong. He wanted to make sure that she was not an unhappy customer of theirs. She explained what happened, about the pendant with stones that turned out to be worthless. The owner didn't look surprised and asked them how much money they lost. He shook his head when he heard about $2,000 and then returned with diamonds. My friend showed him the size of the stones that were set into slide pendants that went onto an existing chain she had with a center pendant made from her mothers' engagement ring. The owner set two solitaires aside and told them that he would set them into slide pendants and they could have them for the cost of the settings only. Her husband asked why he would do that, since he'd clearly be taking a loss. "Perhaps today," the man said "but not the future. Your wife will no longer cry and you will be happy. You will come back to me again and again, and tell your friends that we are a nice place to buy jewelry in Aruba."

The pendants appraised at over $2,000 at the same U.S. jeweler that told them about the fake stones. And they went back. Again and again. They told everyone they knew who was visiting Aruba. We only buy from Kay. My mother, in her 80's wanted to replace the wedding band my mother in law had lost. It was a rose gold, thin band, with round channel set diamonds. She went in alone and spoke with the owner. By the time I arrived, he was showing her rings. One in particular sparkled in an amazing way. I was sure that the price would be out of our range. It was not. It was so reasonable that we purchased it on the spot. My mother in law loved it. We told her to have it appraised and added to her homeowner's policy. The jeweler appraised it at five times what we paid for it, and told her that the diamonds set in the band were some of the finest quality he'd seen.

I'm not saying that these people make it a practice of giving jewelry away. I am saying that Kay Fine Jewelry is the place to shop for jewelry in Aruba.

I'm sorry for your experience.