Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Monday, December 27th, 2010, 01:04 PM

carlysgram is on a distinguished road
Default Today in New York & Aruba 2010

I posted some pictures in the "All Albums" section of what it was like out our front door today as well as some pics from our trip in January 2010. Can you guess where I'd rather be. This time next week, hopefully, we will be on our way to sunny Aruba for 4 weeks. Today in NY & Aruba 2010

http://bb.visitaruba.com/members/car...ny-aruba-2010/

Last edited by dwippies; Monday, December 27th, 2010 at 01:16 PM. Reason: forgot link
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Monday, December 27th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Today in New York & Aruba 2010

amazing to see that some areas are so bare and then the drifts are big. btw, i adore that aruba picture with the soda can. that is a wonderful photo!
Old Monday, December 27th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Today in New York & Aruba 2010

Love the comparison..

Good thing your flight wasn't today!
Old Monday, December 27th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Aruba Expert

barbiesara2003 is on a distinguished road

After spending the month of November on the island, bring your umbrella just in case. We have always had one in our storage and used it alot last month.
Old Monday, December 27th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road

Nice pics!! I like the mix of snow and sun. I love that soda can one too. And I don't need to guess where you'd rather be lol!! Wow - just 1 more week for you - that's great. We have about 2 months, and just thinking about that put a smile on my face even today after a blizzard.

Just got in from shoveling ourselves - only took a quick break for lunch, and it still took almost 4 hours. We had no bare spots except under the eave of the house. I can't even guess how much snow we really got because of the wind and drifts. Hubby used the snowblower on the driveway, and I got to shovel our walkways, back and front (hmm, what's wrong with that picture?). The front walkway which we hardly use wasn't too bad. But the back walkway, which is extremely windy, was one huge humongous drift which was as high as my, er um, nether-region, lol, and I'm almost 5'7". I was going to wait and take more breaks, but the sun actually came out for a while, so the light fluffy snow we had this morning was starting to get heavier and heavier. You know, all in all this wasn't too bad. Not having to go to work the next couple of days and thinking sunny thoughts about Aruba changed my whole mindset.

Old Monday, December 27th, 2010, 05:05 PM

carlysgram is on a distinguished road

We didn't have to do the driveway. We had both cars on it and because of the wind, no snow fell between them. Unfortunately, this a.m., hubby was shoveling while I was using the snow blower and he threw his back out. Fortunately we have a week for him to recuperate, and of course, the Aruba sun will work miracles for him. I finished the apron of the driveway a little while ago, and asked my neighbor if he wanted to borrow the blower. Of course he jumped at it. Now I see out my window that he is on the ground trying to unravel the light cord that's wrapped around the blades. I can't help but laugh b/c I did that 2 years ago, only mine wasn't a heavy duty cord. I guess he's mumbling under his breath that he should have just shoveled. (what's his wife going to say when she finds out she has no Christmas lights on tonight - LOL). Just wanted to share. I know this doesn't belong here, but what the heck. I started the thread...
Old Monday, December 27th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road

hahaha - thanks for sharing. He may be mumbling, but I got a chuckle out of it too. Especially that the same thing happened to you.... Hope your husband's back gets better quickly.

Old Monday, December 27th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Aruba Expert

ArubaMary is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: Today in New York & Aruba 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlysgram View Post
I posted some pictures in the "All Albums" section of what it was like out our front door today as well as some pics from our trip in January 2010. Can you guess where I'd rather be. This time next week, hopefully, we will be on our way to sunny Aruba for 4 weeks. Today in NY & Aruba 2010

Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba - carlysgram's Album: Today in NY & Aruba 2010
Love the pictures Carly. The snow reminds me of what my neighborhood looks like, and how I feel after shoveling.
Old Tuesday, December 28th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Almost Aruban

pgsoder is on a distinguished road

Great photos, but I like the Aruba ones the best!!!
Old Tuesday, December 28th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Aruba Expert

JohnJT is on a distinguished road

We spent our working years in the NY Capital District, so the pictures brought back old memories...never again memories.
We're shivering because it was 24 degrees last night in Florida, but no snow to go with it. Still, it was sunny and mid-50's this afternoon. After another cold night, a string of 70's are promised for the New Year.
Last couple years, we have been concerned about flights to Aruba when the airline only flies on Saturday...what would happen with cancelled flights. This week Orlando has had hundreds of cancelled flights...connection problems to and from the north. Although we fly in September, a glitch in the system could be awful. Hope you get off safely. You deserve a winter vacation. I guess some people flying out of NYC/Boston/Philadelphia must be impacted by the weekend storm.
If I spent more than a few hours in an airport due to delays, they will have to cart me out.

Last edited by JohnJT; Tuesday, December 28th, 2010 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Grammar