Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 04:21 PM

Ready4Vacation is on a distinguished road
Question Twinkletones??

About 2 years ago there was a restaurant that was just starting up called Twinkletones (I think). It was located near the McDonalds in a small strip mall. Does anyone know if they are still there and if they are, is it still good?
Old Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Almost Aruban

ruba4ever is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Twinkletones??

Ready...Twinkletones is now closed. It's funny that you asked this question, as Bleacher Creature asked the same thing the other day...its under the thread Restaurants . Didn't make it to that restaurant but maybe I should have.
ruba

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Almost Aruban

By the way Ready, will be on the island the same time. Hope you have some luck finding that extra night.

Old Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 04:32 PM

ruba, THANKS! I was afraid of that. The entertainment left a lot to be desired, but the food was FANTASTIC! Plus, we had a wonderful coupon which made it cheap too!

I have already found that CL has that night available, but I don't want to pay their rack rates, so I am hoping to find someone who has to leave early or something. Thanks again! Where are you staying?
Old Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Almost Aruban

Ready....will be at the Marriott Ocean Club. That's why I am really hoping that this NH tragedy is resolved before the 24th of Sept. I am really looking forward to this vaca, and even though I will still feel very badly after this is over, I don't know how I will feel if it isn't, and I am having fun with all that going on around me. I think I will feel a little guilty.
ruba

Old Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 06:04 PM

GibbsGirl20 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruba4ever
Ready....will be at the Marriott Ocean Club. That's why I am really hoping that this NH tragedy is resolved before the 24th of Sept. I am really looking forward to this vaca, and even though I will still feel very badly after this is over, I don't know how I will feel if it isn't, and I am having fun with all that going on around me. I think I will feel a little guilty.
ruba
What airport are you leaving from ruba ? I am leaving on the 24th out of Philly !
Old Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 09:32 PM

Ruba, I agree...I really don't know how ppl are coping that have been down there while all of this has been happening, you know it has to be affecting everyone. I am hoping with all of the latest buzz that something will crack the case soon, and her poor family can have some closure.
Old Friday, July 29th, 2005, 12:35 AM

thrix is on a distinguished road

Twinkletone's never really took off in its new location in the small strip mall next to Wendys and McD's, so it closed more than a year ago. I remember going to the previous entity of that restaurant when it was called Twinklebone's and it was in a different location. Food was never to die for, but you were really paying for the show and atmosphere. It's just that I perferred to sit and eat and not dance around when I'm dining, so it was never on our list of must visit restaurants but it was fun.
Old Friday, July 29th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Almost Aruban

Gibbs...leaving out of Pittsburgh at 6:00 am. Getting to Aruba at 10:10. Straight shot and nice and early. I am so happy about that. I know it's up early, but we're there early and we won't miss a whole day due to traveling.
We will have to all meet at the Amsterdam BB Party on Monday night. AmyB, will you be there then? Can we count on seeing you? Ready how bout you, you in to?
ruba

Old Friday, July 29th, 2005, 11:46 AM

Manzanita is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready4Vacation
Ruba, I agree...I really don't know how ppl are coping that have been down there while all of this has been happening, you know it has to be affecting everyone. I am hoping with all of the latest buzz that something will crack the case soon, and her poor family can have some closure.
We had one of our best trips to Aruba EVER a couple weeks ago. We saw a TexasEquuSearch vehicle one time & a couple faded posters the entire trip. Our bartender (at La Quinta) briefly brought up the subject one night & that was the only time we discussed the Holloway case.

We basically kept to ourselves & went to the beach A LOT. If you don't go searching for the latest buzz, I don't think it should affect your trip. Have a great time, Ready..... I'm so jealous!
Old Friday, July 29th, 2005, 07:07 PM

GibbsGirl20 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruba4ever
Gibbs...leaving out of Pittsburgh at 6:00 am. Getting to Aruba at 10:10. Straight shot and nice and early. I am so happy about that. I know it's up early, but we're there early and we won't miss a whole day due to traveling.
We will have to all meet at the Amsterdam BB Party on Monday night. AmyB, will you be there then? Can we count on seeing you? Ready how bout you, you in to?
ruba
I purchased on skyauction and was supposed to be going out of Pittsburgh then they changed it and said that we couldn't leave from there so .... we are driving up to Philly that a.m. and leaving at 10:10 and arriving in Aruba at 2:33. Of course that is subject to change as this is change #1 - lol. I am going to make every effort to be at AM for HH and Amy said that she will be there. We are staying at LaCabana. I'm excited about going, can not wait and hope to catch up with you guys.