Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Monday, April 4th, 2005, 11:18 PM

Brownknee is on a distinguished road
Default Visitaruba Card

Is it worthwhile to purchase the VisitAruba Advantage card that is advirtised on the home page? I often times think these cards are a pain and vendors often times act put off if you use them. Which I have never understood since they signed on to be part of the program.
Should I purchase this card before our trip next month? Or just use coupons I have heard are given out at the airport? Also does a family of four all get to use the discount's or just the cardholder?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Monday, April 4th, 2005, 11:51 PM

flora is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Visitaruba Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownknee
Is it worthwhile to purchase the VisitAruba Advantage card that is advirtised on the home page? I often times think these cards are a pain and vendors often times act put off if you use them. Which I have never understood since they signed on to be part of the program.
Should I purchase this card before our trip next month? Or just use coupons I have heard are given out at the airport? Also does a family of four all get to use the discount's or just the cardholder?
I recommended the card to someone I met who was going for the first time with a friend. He was going for one week. He called me to say thank you. He saved with the car rental and restaurants approximately $130.00 for a $12.75 investment. We have found that dinner out twice more then covers the cost of the card. When you eat out the entire table is covered. If you take tours or other forms of activities each person must have their own card. If you want it mailed directly to you allow at least a month for delivery. If not they will have it waiting for you at your hotel when you arrive. The card starts Dec1st and expires Nov.30th. Need a new card every year. If you go more then once during this time period you can use it as many times as you want. It is a small investment for a nice return. If you are renting a car you might want to get it before so you can find out which companies partisipate.
Old Tuesday, April 5th, 2005, 07:51 AM

carolrd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Visitaruba Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownknee
Or just use coupons I have heard are given out at the airport?
Keep in mind that if you are arriving any other day than Saturday or Sunday, the people that hand out the Red Little Switzerland bags with the coupons are not always there.

I always purchase the card, the card pays for itself with a car rental.
Old Tuesday, April 5th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Almost Aruban

Corrine is on a distinguished road

We always purchase the card too! I have saved on car rentals, restaurants and the Lets Go Latin Show and snorkeling. And the restaurants are good - not all junky ones!

They issue one card per person. However they don't check ID so my daughter's friend was able to use mine a few times.

Old Tuesday, April 5th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Aruba Expert

captmorgnsgrl is on a distinguished road

We purchased the card last time we went to Aruba, It saved us a bunch! It was well worth it. I'll tell you what happened to me. I was so excited to be in Aruba and all the great restaruants, that I forgot I had purchased the card. I could have used it at three places we went to eat. Of course I didn't tell my Hubby, he would have made some wise crack like "why would you buy it if your not going to use it" So make sure you don't make the same mistake I did. Check out the list of establishments that offer the discounts. There are some pretty good places to eat and things to do. but whatever you do! Enjoy!

Old Tuesday, April 5th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Almost Aruban

Corrine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by captmorgnsgrl
We purchased the card last time we went to Aruba, It saved us a bunch! It was well worth it. I'll tell you what happened to me. I was so excited to be in Aruba and all the great restaruants, that I forgot I had purchased the card. I could have used it at three places we went to eat. Of course I didn't tell my Hubby, he would have made some wise crack like "why would you buy it if your not going to use it" So make sure you don't make the same mistake I did. Check out the list of establishments that offer the discounts. There are some pretty good places to eat and things to do. but whatever you do! Enjoy!

I did the same thing Suzie, my first time in Aruba! I was so excited about everything and made so many plans, I forgot I had the card to do some of them. Aruba can do that to you!

Old Tuesday, April 5th, 2005, 08:17 PM

Brownknee is on a distinguished road

I purchased the card and started looking at some of the discounts. I noticed that at some of the restaurants that you get a better discount if you pay in cash. We like putting meals on the credit card so we don't have to bring as much cash - so was dissapointed about that. However I know the card will still more than pay for itself!
Old Tuesday, April 5th, 2005, 09:11 PM

Winebrat is on a distinguished road

This will be our first time using the card. I am hoping to save with the restaurants. I tried using it with the rental car but the online price was better than the card discount and they wouldn't give me both.

Also get the "One Cool" package if you are staying at a participating hotel. That can be found at http://www.aruba.com/coolprograms/index.html and it's free. I've used this one before and got great savings at rancho Notorious and Wavedancer.