Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 11:02 AM

JanAndShawn is on a distinguished road
Question What groceries do you bring to your timeshare?

We are leaving on Sunday to stay at our timeshare (Divi Village) for the first time and are planning to go out for dinner twice while we're there and cook at the condo the rest of the time. We plan to hit the grocery store first thing after we get checked in, but we want to bring as much as we can from home. So far I have on my list to bring with us: ketchup, mustard, bagels, juice mix, coffee, sugar, peanut butter, jelly, BBQ sauce, marinade (for meat to grill), salad dressing, snacks.

We don't eat a ton and are planning to keep it simple and easy and will probably just buy chicken and hot dogs or burgers to grill and some fruits and veggies at the grocery store. What am I forgetting? How much are groceries like that going to cost?

Any other tips or advice is greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: What groceries do you bring to your timeshare?

Jan ~ I used to drag a lot of stuff with me, but I don't any more. The markets have absolutely everything you need. The only thing I bring is a certain vanilla coffee that I always make at home. I also take zip lock bags and that's about it. No use making my luggage heavier then it already is with the clothes and shoes that I need.

I personally don't see a big difference in prices at the market on Aruba other than fruits and veggies which have to be shipped in. I only buy breakfast and lunch necessities, snacks, wine and paper goods... or anything else that I see of interest. When I eat in it's normally a subway night or deli night depending on my mood...
Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Mild Mannered Meek SuperModerator

sherry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What groceries do you bring to your timeshare?

i agree, i used to bring a stack of stuff with me. now i bring virtually nothing except baggies for storing the stuff i buy at lings. depending where you are located in the states, your shopping charges should be no more than about 10% more than at home. their deli, cheeses, and meats are wonderful. so are their breads. unless there is something you absolutely can't do without in only one brand, i would save everything for the one shopping trip you need to make anyway and save the luggage space. remember that the prices are in afl so knock off about 40% of the cost you see on an item to get the usd amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S
Jan ~ I used to drag a lot of stuff with me, but I don't any more. The markets have absolutely everything you need. The only thing I bring is a certain vanilla coffee that I always make at home. I also take zip lock bags and that's about it. No use making my luggage heavier then it already is with the clothes and shoes that I need.

I personally don't see a big difference in prices at the market on Aruba other than fruits and veggies which have to be shipped in. I only buy breakfast and lunch necessities, snacks, wine and paper goods... or anything else that I see of interest. When I eat in it's normally a subway night or deli night depending on my mood...
Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Aruba Expert

barbiesara2003 is on a distinguished road

We like Elaine used to bring lots of food with us and now only bring our favorite coffee becuse we cannot get it on the island. You can get every item you mentioned at the supermarkets. so why drag them with you? I am diabetic and find all of the products I can have so I stopped dragging all of my sugar free items as well. Save yourself alot of carrying items you can purchase at any of the three major supermarkets. We just got back from another three wonderful weeks and hope your trip is as good as ours was.
Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Aruba Expert

AuntieMame is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanAndShawn
we want to bring as much as we can from home.
Why?

(Why is my only question but when I hit submit I was told that my post is too short -why?- so I'm writing this drivel now)
Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Almost Aruban

Corrine is on a distinguished road

I agree with the others! I used to take a duffel bag filled with the items you mentioned (so heavy with those glass bottles!). Ling's carries all those necessities! I only bring ziplocs, my favorite cereal, some paper goods and bagels. Much, much lighter! You can get many American brands at Lings. The fruit and vegetables, cold cuts and bakery are great too!

Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 11:50 AM

JanAndShawn is on a distinguished road

I am so glad to hear the prices aren't that bad!

Someone I work with who has been to Aruba quite a few times told me that the prices for groceries is ridiculously high. She told me it cost her $18 to buy just a pound of lunch meat. She must be losing her mind! She's the one who told me to bring as much stuff with me as possible.
Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Aruba Expert

barbiesara2003 is on a distinguished road

Just another thought - all prices on items in the supermarkets are in local money and when you check out your total wll be converted into dollars making it much less than you expected. Also, the supermarkets all have fresh deli and bakery departments which are all quite good, as well as just about every item you could want.
Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Aruba Expert

captmorgnsgrl is on a distinguished road

Same here...the first couple of times we took all sorts of food items. Now the only thing I bring is my splenda, some paper items, zip lock bags, salt and pepper, a scrubber sponge for my dishes in the timeshare (we have them in bulk at home), and that is about it. Everything we would want we can get at the grocery store. We also stay more than a week so we use up everything we purchase and there are 6 of us.

Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 12:25 PM

andrea j. is on a distinguished road

We used to bring a whole suitcase of stuff, but with the modern/highly stocked grocery stores we bring little
EXCEPT
not wild about the fruit selection AND until i found out it was illegal, i brought some apples, lemons and bananas. (no longer though)

I do cook a turkey breast (hotel style) before we go, slice it and freeze.
I also cook a small ham, slice it and freeze.

Paul likes ham for lunch and i like sliced turkey and not wild (here at home or in aruba) of the deli ham or turkey.

we also bring some coffee filters, splenda, sugar packs, a fist full of tea bags and 2 pkgs of pita pockets and some zip lock bags of various sizes.

so in a small thermal lunch bag, we put the frozen lunch meat and the other stuff and throw it in our carry on.

up until about 7 or 8 yrs ago we'd lug everything from soup to nuts (quite literally)
Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 12:34 PM

Fisherlady48 is on a distinguished road

I still bring a lot of my own stuff. For my last visit though I decided we would just pick up a few breakfast and lunch things at Ling & Sons.

I still brought coffee, salt n pepper, peanut butter, coffee filters, sweet n low.

However, I was not wild about the beef in the butcher's section and I bought some frozen sausage for the girls cause they both said they love sausage and eggs for breakfast.

The sausage had somehow defrosted somewhere on its journey and when I opened it (still frozen) it was all molded green inside. Took it back and she too had to open it, peer inside and show it to someone else. I don't think they took the rest off the shelf. And many items on the shelf were past date and some cheese for nacho's (in glass on shelf) had mold in them.

So I am going to once again bring some food stuffs with me. Most everything comes in plastic and it got a bit expensive last week.

3 bagels, 3 cream cheese at Dushi bagels were $7.50. I did that twice but the second time only got one cream cheese and they shared and used the left over. $1 per cream cheese.. and at the little store at ABC they wanted $5.50 (US) for a quart of milk.

So I digress.. I will bring down a frozen roll of sausage (jimmy dean's or something) 2 steaks from Sam's club, spices salt n pepper, cereal, rice and pop corn. along with all the things listed above.

I will buy some lunch meat, cheese and bread at the store, oh and I bought toaster strudels (my favorite) and they were fine. Just check the dates and use your nose.

K

Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 03:33 PM

arubabob is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: What groceries do you bring to your timeshare?

Quote:

Someone I work with who has been to Aruba quite a few times told me that the prices for groceries is ridiculously high. She told me it cost her $18 to buy just a pound of lunch meat. She must be losing her mind! She's the one who told me to bring as much stuff with me as possible.
Last April we bought a weeks worth of Kaiser roles, gouda cheese,sliced ham and turkey, pickles, mustard, tomatos, coffee, watermelon, cantalope, honeydew, apples, bagels, cream cheese, chips, paper towels pepsi, water,and probably several things I've forgotten. Cost was around $70.00 U.S.
The only thing we take now is freezer bags(stronger than baggies) sweet & low, coffee filters and tea bags. There are many bagel and pastry shops that are excellent. A lot of the rolls and breads in the stores are made locally and are very good.

We go out to dinner every night except for the shrimp boil night. Its not a vacation when you or your spouse has to cook dinner(my opinion since my dad would make my mother fix every meal when we were on vacation and she was mad every time).
Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:

Ah -- I see. Well, that simply isn't true. The only things we take fit in one zip lock bag: salt, pepper, sugar cubes, tea bags and instant coffee. Take the tea because I'm a tea snob and can't stand Lipton's.

We buy at Certified: Paper towels, fruit, bread, cold cuts enough for about three lunches, mustard, cereal, milk and soda. It usually costs us about thirty dollars.

This year we're going to have to picnic on the beach since our lodgings are inland. I'll probably spring for some Peanut butter and jelly as well. May even shop at Lings since the ice cream place at Certified (where hubby used to wait for me) has closed.

Jan - just take things you are fussy about. Most everything is available in Aruba at a reasonable enough rate so that lugging stuff down is more of a nuisance than anything.
Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubabob
my dad would make my mother fix every meal when we were on vacation and she was mad every time).
He made your mom cook on vacation? Good thing he wasn't married to my mom. There'd have been hell to pay!
Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Aruba Expert

Weed is on a distinguished road

Hearing about how much some of you tote on the plane brings back memories of when we used to spend 2 weeks at Cape Cod every summer. Loaded the car with groceries. Poor Mom had to cook most nights (brother was a picky eater). Said it wasn't a real vacation for her, since she still had to cook and clean! Brought Mom to my timeshare last Nov., and she loved it--we didn't cook once! She did enjoy having breakfast in the room, so she didn't have to get dressed first to go out. One day we bought salads from Wendy's and added tuna in a pouch to make meal-size dinner salads. There's no shame when traveling in eating at American fast-food places once in a while--cheap sodas and juices beats paying $3 or $4 or more at the resort's restaurants. Muffins at Dunkin Donuts are a good deal, too (about $1.50 I think).
Lynda
Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed
Hearing about how much some of you tote on the plane brings back memories of when we used to spend 2 weeks at Cape Cod every summer. Loaded the car with groceries. Poor Mom had to cook most nights (brother was a picky eater). Said it wasn't a real vacation for her, since she still had to cook and clean! Lynda
My parents would load the car with food and their own pots and pans to their timeshare in the Poconos! There, my mother would cook almost every night, including spagetti and meatballs, sauce from stratch! Vacation? Ha!

Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieMame
He made your mom cook on vacation? Good thing he wasn't married to my mom. There'd have been hell to pay!
When I was about 10, we drove to Florida for 2 weeks. We pulled a camper with us to stay in at night on the road(2 nights each way). My brother and I slept in the car and my mom dad and sister slept in the camper.(we stayed in a nice motel on the beach in Florida) . We had a coleman camp stove with us and mom cooked breakfast and dinner at roadside parks.(ice chest) We ate sandwiches for lunch that she had fixed before we left. In Florida she fixed every meal in the motel, it had a kitchenette in it.

My parents were raised during the depression and they did not spend any money they didnt have to.
So, yes every trip we took as kids(4 or 5) mom cooked.

That changed in about 1970 when they went to Yellowstone park. Mom finally put her foot down and told dad that they could afford to eat out
and she wasnt going on any vacation anytime anywhere if she had to cook anymore. That was that.
Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
When I was about 10, we drove to Florida for 2 weeks. We pulled a camper with us to stay in at night on the road(2 nights each way). My brother and I slept in the car and my mom dad and sister slept in the camper.(we stayed in a nice motel on the beach in Florida) . We had a coleman camp stove with us and mom cooked breakfast and dinner at roadside parks.(ice chest) We ate sandwiches for lunch that she had fixed before we left. In Florida she fixed every meal in the motel, it had a kitchenette in it.

My parents were raised during the depression and they did not spend any money they didnt have to.
So, yes every trip we took as kids(4 or 5) mom cooked.

That changed in about 1970 when they went to Yellowstone park. Mom finally put her foot down and told dad that they could afford to eat out
and she wasnt going on any vacation anytime anywhere if she had to cook anymore. That was that.
Yea for Bob's mom!!

Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 04:55 PM

andrea j. is on a distinguished road

Our vacations at our New hampshire cottage(in the woods not on a lake) ended when i said "that's all i can take and i cannot take no more". When i married paul in 1984, the package deal included a cottage, aka shack in the woods in wakefield NH.

Our vacations included 2 weeks in July in NH.
and EVERY weekend from mid April thru mid Oct.

I was the chief cook and bottle washer and Paul spent the better part of a weekend moving the 3 acre front lawn.

When Paul's parents passed in 1996 and when my folks got ill in 1997, we had no time for the place. We buried St joe, and sold it.

1. vacation places are supposed to be better than home right?
2. one should not have to compete with mice 24/7.
3. one should not have to accept mosquito as state bird.
4. one should not have to cook 3 meals a day while on vacation.
5. one should not have to mow and mow and mow grass on vacay.
6. one should not have to paint and reshingle roof on vacay.

Sold that POS and never regretted it for a minute.
Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Mild Mannered Meek SuperModerator

sherry is on a distinguished road

and then she sent st joe to this little jewish girl and we sold our shop, lol. poor st joe didn't get to come home with us though because we didn't get to dig him up as we black topped the lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea j.
Our vacations at our New hampshire cottage(in the woods not on a lake) ended when i said "that's all i can take and i cannot take no more". When i married paul in 1984, the package deal included a cottage, aka shack in the woods in wakefield NH.

Our vacations included 2 weeks in July in NH.
and EVERY weekend from mid April thru mid Oct.

I was the chief cook and bottle washer and Paul spent the better part of a weekend moving the 3 acre front lawn.

When Paul's parents passed in 1996 and when my folks got ill in 1997, we had no time for the place. We buried St joe, and sold it.

1. vacation places are supposed to be better than home right?
2. one should not have to compete with mice 24/7.
3. one should not have to accept mosquito as state bird.
4. one should not have to cook 3 meals a day while on vacation.
5. one should not have to mow and mow and mow grass on vacay.
6. one should not have to paint and reshingle roof on vacay.

Sold that POS and never regretted it for a minute.
Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
My parents were raised during the depression
Mine too. (You and I are the same age, essentially)

But we had a much smaller family - that would make a big difference.
Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 07:18 PM

black pearl is on a distinguished road

Years ago I heard of people packing coolers full of frozen meats to go to Aruba. Is that still allowed? How do you pack peanut butter and condiments for the plane trip?

I agree with Weed. I find nothing wrong with eating at Wendy's or McDonald's once in a while in Aruba. It saved us a ton of money on our last trip. Then we reserve special nights for the more fancier restaurants. It makes it more fun.
Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 07:19 PM

carrelli is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

Keep it easy for yourself ...bring only what you think you may not find there. We found prices pretty comparible to Massachusetts prices. So ,we didn't become faint at the mark up.. We just would bring our favorite coffee pre grind it at home and put it back in the bag... and filters & a small powdered creamer incase no milk for first morning or if what we do buy ever turns...got to have that AM coffee & evening Tea...I like to cook so we eat in 1/2 the time. I bring a little pill bottle of garlic flavored rice vinegar to put into my potato salad .. Zip lock bags and about 30 sheets of paper towels (folded) Salt, pepper, and a ziplock sandwich bag filled with little plastic wraps full of the spices I like for cooking. That's it . I buy the rest at Certified Market. One year I had my daughter save ketchup , mustard , salt and pepper packets. When ever she went to fast food places..grab some I'd say. That did the trick that year. Oh! we bring cashues..all and all not much and we only bring 2 carry on's. Got the cloths down to a science over the years too. No big decisions for us ...we are on vacation and are going to relax and make it simple. Works for us.
Deb in Ma.

Last edited by carrelli; Monday, June 5th, 2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 08:02 PM

knkdivi71 is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: What groceries do you bring to your timeshare?

Keep it simple is right for two people you will not spend more then $100.00 for a week & that includes goodies that none of us really need but love so much. Make sure you buy your booze/liquor at the duty free in the airport that is what we found to be high in cost. Ling & Sons is very modern and will have small jars of just about anything. We also mainly go out for dinner & buy easy breakfast and lunch items because who wants to use up good sun time to go out to eat. Remember Aruba time is much slower then here in the states but that is the joy of the island take time to enjoy every minute. Have a great time you you will love Aruba.
Old Monday, June 5th, 2006, 08:25 PM

TomR is on a distinguished road

When my wife and I first got into timeshares about 13 years ago, we figured using the kitchen would be a great way to save money. So when we went to Aruba we would pack my beer cooler with some steaks, frozen meatballs, and a whole assortment of goodies. That lasted about two or three trips and we decided, OK she decided, that we would forget about having a kitchen when it came to dinner. We would eat out. I did convince her though that I just could not live without my Taylor Porkroll in the morning. That lasted a few more trips until I learned that it was just as easy to walk over to the Dunkin Donuts shop at LaCabana Villas than it was to cook Taylor Porkroll… and clean up afterwards.

We are leaving for LaCabana on Sunday. I still bring my beer cooler with me, but now it is much lighter with just a few teabags and some sugar cubes. It will get much heavier once I arrive, but I can guarantee there will be no food in it.
Old Tuesday, June 6th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Almost Aruban

seashelldiver is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: What groceries do you bring to your timeshare?

You guys have fortitude....I can't imagine draggin ANY GROCERIES with me to Aruba......it's enough to get myself, snorkel gear and clothes down there.......and like several other folks mentioned, you can find EVERYTHING in the grocery stores there and for the few dollars saved by dragging all that stuff down, it really isn't worth it......IMHO
Old Tuesday, June 6th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelldiver
You guys have fortitude....I can't imagine draggin ANY GROCERIES with me to Aruba......it's enough to get myself, snorkel gear and clothes down there.......and like several other folks mentioned, you can find EVERYTHING in the grocery stores there and for the few dollars saved by dragging all that stuff down, it really isn't worth it......IMHO
I tend to agree. The only things I couldn't find last time down were Red Rose decaf tea and Splenda.

But neither of those take up much suitcase room anyway.
Old Tuesday, June 6th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomR
When my wife and I first got into timeshares about 13 years ago, we figured using the kitchen would be a great way to save money. So when we went to Aruba we would pack my beer cooler with some steaks, frozen meatballs, and a whole assortment of goodies. That lasted about two or three trips and we decided, OK she decided, that we would forget about having a kitchen when it came to dinner. We would eat out. I did convince her though that I just could not live without my Taylor Porkroll in the morning. That lasted a few more trips until I learned that it was just as easy to walk over to the Dunkin Donuts shop at LaCabana Villas than it was to cook Taylor Porkroll… and clean up afterwards.

We are leaving for LaCabana on Sunday. I still bring my beer cooler with me, but now it is much lighter with just a few teabags and some sugar cubes. It will get much heavier once I arrive, but I can guarantee there will be no food in it.

We did the same, Tom! We would bring frozen baked ziti and sauce (sound like my mother?? ) I made at home. It was so heavy and sometimes the container cracked! And then the clean up!

So I decided to eat breakfast and lunch in or at Islander Grill at LaCabana and save to go out every night!

Old Tuesday, June 6th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Almost Aruban

elisabeth_nj is on a distinguished road

We are pretty much the same as the majority here! Only now pack my decalf coffee and some for hubby just for the first morning before our shopping trip, filters, equal & sugar packets, zip locks, and big garbage bags which I make the kids use as laundry baskets. That's pretty much it!

Coming home I use the 6 pack beer cardboards to put the leftover jars in (PP&J, Salad dressings, etc.) if theres a substantial amount left over and then stack them in our rolling back pack..They stack real nicely ontop of each other...oh yeah I always save room for my Amstel Brights!!! Things like canned tuna, etc. pack fine in a suitcase also.
Old Tuesday, June 6th, 2006, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabeth_nj
Coming home I use the 6 pack beer cardboards to put the leftover jars in (PP&J, Salad dressings, etc.) if theres a substantial amount left over and then stack them in our rolling back pack..They stack real nicely ontop of each other...oh yeah I always save room for my Amstel Brights!!! Things like canned tuna, etc. pack fine in a suitcase also.
You actually bring back leftovers? Beer and liquor and souveniers I can see, but we just leave any leftovers for the maid if she wants them or throw them out. Dfferent strokes.
Old Tuesday, June 6th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Almost Aruban

seashelldiver is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: What groceries do you bring to your timeshare?

Man oh man......2,000 miles to Aruba and 2,000 miles back home, that is some well traveled PB&J and Salad dressings......LOL WAAAAY too much luggin for me !!!!!!!!! I'm so water logged by the time I get back on the plane I'm lucky to haul my one suitcase behind me......
Old Tuesday, June 6th, 2006, 12:29 PM

joilee is on a distinguished road

I agree with many others...years ago the prices were bad and the selections were odd but now with the new Ling & Sons which is actually and IGA I believe it is like shopping at home and the little extra $ is not worth the effort. I do still bring coffee, filters and Splenda, zip lock baggies. The coffee choices aren't to my liking. THey even have real milk now which was hard to find several years back. If you have a favorite butchery meat at home that has a great marinadge..you may want to throw a pack frozen in an isulated lunch bag to throw on the grill at the village...we have done that before too.
Old Tuesday, June 6th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Almost Aruban

pgsoder is on a distinguished road

When we go in Dec. for 2 weeks we throw out anything opened but partically used by us. We usually give to the maids, whatever coffee and filters, sugar and creamer and anything else we brought but did not open or use. We only bring those flat packages of white albacore tuna and white chicken breast meat for a sandwich for a lunch. What I pack and bring is stuff that can be easily "squeezed" or "tucked" into our carry-ons. We buy fresh bread at the store at LaCabana for these sandwiches or get some nice rolls at the Deli. I buy and bring, the small squeeze plastic bottle of Hellman's and it is just the right amount for 2 people for 2 week visit. Also bring the squeeze tube of PB for our toast. We also buy our chips at the market, even though they are pricey. We are light breakfast and lunch "munchers", prefer to eat a big "dinner" meal out at one of Aruba's finest restaurants. I don't call it "cooking", while on vacation. I call it "snackin".
When I go in Feb. I give all of my "leftovers" to my brother and his wife as they stay an extra week. It all works out in the end. I don't bring foods back with me that I brought there.
Old Tuesday, June 6th, 2006, 02:04 PM

Cathy in Boston is on a distinguished road

We bring coffee which we grind the night before we leave (after visiting Hawaii last month, this year it will be Kona, lol) and some packets of sweetener. Anything else, we buy there. Have never been to the grocery store, but find that at the little market at the Marriott we can find what we need - a few snack items, some Balashis, Coke, and Half & Half for the coffee. About as close to cooking as I get on vacation is making coffee and maybe toasting a muffin in the morning.
Old Tuesday, June 6th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by joilee
THey even have real milk now which was hard to find several years back.
Real milk.

I know what you mean but it still sounds funny - like the Dutch don't drink "real" milk.

Old Tuesday, June 6th, 2006, 10:28 PM

adewolf is on a distinguished road

The reply's are pretty consistent so I'll just add a little. Like many, we prefer an unusual coffee so we pack that plus sugar and we take our own cereal mostly because there is plenty of room in the large suitcase I take to handle our snorkel gear. If we used plain old coffee I would buy it there. We always rent a car and snorkel all over the Island and I have learned to take home made trail mix of just nuts and raisins because those convenient nutrition bars turn to goo pretty fast in Aruba. Also, since we have to buy a roll of paper towels and never use the whole roll, we just use that for coffee filters.
Old Tuesday, June 6th, 2006, 10:32 PM

marpertex is on a distinguished road

I bring tea bags, instant oatmeal, hot chocolate, popcorn, honey sticks, 1 pkg of tuna, (all packed in baggies) and small pill bottles of herbs and spices. They are all small items and easy to pack. I don't like paying the prices for the regular size of herbs and spices and the pill bottles are just enough to last for the 3 weeks we are there.

Aruba in November - 3 weeks
Old Tuesday, June 6th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by adewolf
Also, since we have to buy a roll of paper towels and never use the whole roll, we just use that for coffee filters.
Dang! I learned something new.