Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba Restaurant Reviews

Aruba Restaurant Reviews For new aruba restaurants reviews or to post a new review click here. To view archived reviews click here.

View Poll Results: cooks restaurant
poor 3 16.67%
average 2 11.11%
good 2 11.11%
very good 2 11.11%
excellent 9 50.00%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old Friday, June 29th, 2007, 12:26 PM

Love F&B is on a distinguished road
Default cooks restaurant

My husband and I love El Gaucho. Especially their Calamari Buenos Aires. But on the same street just before you reach El Gaucho, on the second floor of where the DHL office is, there is a new restaurant that opened. The name of the restaurant is Cooks Restaurant. That place is terrific!

I've spoken to the owner and he told us that they've just opened a few weeks ago. My husband who is a steak lover always liked El Gaucho due to their high quality large steaks. We thought that there won't be a restaurant with high quality beef and as large as El Gaucho's, but we were wrong. These are gigantic.

The great thing is that you can also choose to grill your own steak. In the middle of the restaurant they have a large grill where you can gather around and grill your own steak. Or you can be seated at a table for eight and grill it at your own table so you won't have to move arround. It was great. We didn't grill our own steak last time but today we are going back, and this time we will.

I've met some people in there who had ordered loin ribs. The size of the ribs got our attention that made us go and speak to the people that ordered them. They were repeat guests and they said they loved the ribs.

Can't wait to go back.
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, June 29th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default cooks restaurant

tell us what you think.

vote and/or write a review.
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, June 29th, 2007, 02:57 PM

Default Re: cooks restaurant

BTW, if you like shrimp cocktails they have the best. I haven't seen such large shrimps anywhere, and you get five large shrimps. They look like mini-lobsters.
Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, June 30th, 2007, 08:27 PM

I've been to Cooks last night again and it was superb.

We went with a group and we sat at the grill table. I ordered the tuna Japanese style, which was a sushi type dish for appetizer. It was raw tuna on top vegetables with soya dipping sauce and wasabi on the side. My husband had the Salmon delights for appetizer. I've tried a piece from him and it was great. It was smoked salmon marinated in a lemon garlic marinate, cream cheese and caviar on top.

We've all tried bits and pieces from eachother because you get a lot of food. I can not say that there was something I didn't like. They have an excellent creamy Shrimp Soup.

Those of us who ordered steaks and loin rib were able to grill them ourselves sitting at our table. That was a wonderful experience while drinking our wine and some of us who liked beer were drinking Duvel, a Belgian beer. As I said before the steaks and ribs are gigantic.

My cousin order the Stewed Lamb, which is a local dish. I tried a little piece of it and it was excellent. I ordered the loin ribs and indeed these are the best ribs on the island. No dispute.

I've spoken to the owner and he informed me that he will be posting his menu on this website.
Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, June 30th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Almost Aruban

Liz from N.J. is on a distinguished road

Here is Cooks Menu . The menu is pretty big. I was told by them that they are seeing what the feedback is and may take some items off. CLICK HERE FOR COOKS MENU

Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, July 1st, 2007, 01:31 PM

Castor is on a distinguished road

The menu looks good and I like the concept of grilling your own steak, only those prices...
Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, July 1st, 2007, 01:40 PM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor View Post
The menu looks good and I like the concept of grilling your own steak, only those prices...
I agree

Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, July 1st, 2007, 02:23 PM
Administrator

i agree about the prices. i also have a thing about grilling my own steak. if i wanted to cook on vacation i would buy the food and do it all myself. however, they do offer the option which makes it a place where people like me can have our way too.

the menu is very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor View Post
Share with Facebook
Old Monday, July 23rd, 2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz from N.J. View Post
Here is Cooks Menu . The menu is pretty big. I was told by them that they are seeing what the feedback is and may take some items off. CLICK HERE FOR COOKS MENU

They have changed the prices because a Mahi Mahi Filet dish is about $16.00, T-Bone Steaks at about $28.00, etc and you get a lot of food. I was there this past weekend and the manager told me that this coming week they'll open a menu set for those who do not want so much food, because they have a lot of food indeed.
Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, August 8th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Almost Aruban

Here is the new menu from Cooks Restaurant CLICK HERE FOR COOKS RESTAURANT MENU

From the owner of Cooks: A little about our restaurant:

The concept of our restaurant is copyright protected. The concept is that you can grill your own steak at your table in the company of your family and friends. When you're seated they'll ask you if you would like to make use of the grill to grill your steak yourself or you may choose for the restaurant Chef do it for you in the kitchen. For groups of more than 10 people the Chef will grill the steaks on the main grill in the middle of the restaurant for you. If you are seated at a table that doesn't have a grill you can make use of the main grill if you desire to grill the steaks yourself.

But don't get discurraged!!! The Chef can provide you with some helpful tips and remember the Chef can prepare your steak for you if you so desire. Here at Cooks you can have it your way.

Since this concept was locally created we consider it an Aruban product. So said, our staff consists of all Arubans who really know the culture, habbits and the hospitallity Aruba was always well known for. Our Chef is an Aruba who worked for the Aruba Grand Hotel since the time the hotel used to be Aruba Sheraton Hotel. He has more than 32 years of culinary experience while his Assistant Chef has 30 years experience working with our Chef. Our bartender has 14 years of experience working at The Aruba Sonesta, which is now the Aruba Renaissance Hotel.

Additionally, not only our menu consists of Steaks, but we also we also have both International Cuisine and Local Cuisine. For instance, we have Shrimp Alfredo, Chicken Alfredo, Calamari Fritti, Tuna Japanese Sushi style, Roasted Duck in Orange Sauce, Grilled Salmon in Lemon Sauce, Grilled Tuna in Lemon Butter Sauce, etc, etc as our International Cuisine. To mention a few Local Cuisine we have have your choice of Fresh Grouper, Red Snapper, Mahi Mahi, or our Catch of the Day in Creole sauce. Other local dishes as Stewed Lamb, Lamb Shank, Lamb Leg for 4, Caribbean Imperial Lobsters, etc.

Often times we have specials that are not mentioned on the menu, but we post it on the door before you enter. Often we have Snapper for 2. The size of this catch is promoted for two people, but 4 can eat comfortably from it. Last Sunday we had two separate couples order it, but we had only for 1 couple. Luckily the fisherman came in with another that he just caught. How fresher can you get than that? We don't order a lot of them because we would like to maintain our entire stock as fresh as possible.

We are located at Wilhelmina Straat 89 on the 2nd floor. Just above the office of DHL Express. On the Same Street as El Gaucho, but at the intersection just before El Gaucho.

Our telephone number is 588-4296. We are open from Wednesdays to Sundays from 5pm to 11pm for the low season. Happy Hour is from 5pm to 7pm on Fridays.
Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, August 11th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Aruba Expert

captmorgnsgrl is on a distinguished road

This looks like a place Mike and I would enjoy, I am going to put in on my list for next year. Again, Thanks Liz for posting the menu. I love the variety, and if it is good quality I don't mind the price. But I think I'll have the chef grill my steak! I'm on vacation, like Sherry said...

Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, August 14th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Aruba Expert

Cooks Restaurant is on a distinguished road

First let me introduce myself,

My name is Ommi Henriquez, owner of Cooks Restaurant. I would like to thank Sherry for her attention and help, since I had some technical difficulties, but also for having and administrating such great website and forum.

Whenever you may visit Aruba, please step by Cooks Restaurant, even if its just to say hi. It would be great getting to know forum members. If you may need some help or assistance, please feel free to contact us at 588-4296 or send me a PM or post on this thread, which I need to thank you all for it, and I will do my best for you. Please consider me a friend at your second home, Aruba.

I would also like to thank Liz for posting our new menu on this thread and also on www.dinearuba.com. Also to Love F&B for those nice compliments.

As for Castor and Captmorgnsgrl, we'll make sure you and all other guests will have a great time at Cooks and remember if you need any help or assistance we are here for everyone.

Best regards to all,
Cooks Restaurant

Last edited by Cooks Restaurant; Wednesday, August 15th, 2007 at 10:51 AM.
Share with Facebook
Old Monday, September 10th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Aruba Expert

Please note:

Cooks Restaurant will be closed from September 10 to 25th. This is to expand our kitchen so we can better provide the best service. We'll re-open on the 26th.

See you there on the 26th.
Share with Facebook
Old Monday, September 10th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Aruba Expert

barbiesara2003 is on a distinguished road

Noticed on a recent visit that the restaurant is located upstairs in the building. Are there handicapped facilities or an elevator?
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, September 11th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Aruba Expert

Good morning Barbiesara. At this time we do not have an elevator due to the way the building was built. We are in plans of installing one in the near future, since we are already discussing this issue with a few contractors who are looking into its possibility.
Before we started construction this was already in the plans, but had to be stopped due to the building's structure. Major modifications are needed.
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Aruba Expert

This Friday September 28, Mariachi Nacional live at Cooks Restaurant. Cooks will have a Noche Mexicana/Mexican Night. Live musica will start at 7:30 pm.

There will be Margaritas at $2.00 and with your purchase of 4 dinners you'll get a 64 oz. Pitcher of Margarita FREE. Additionally, if you choose to grill your own steak at your table or at the main grill you'll get $2.00 OFF on your dinner purchase.
Old Wednesday, September 26th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Aruba Expert

Please note: The e-mail for reservations, Q&As, critiques, compliments, concerns, suggestions, etc, etc for Cooks Restaurant is cooks.restaurant@yahoo.com.

We be glad to help you.
Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, September 26th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Almost Aruban

pgsoder is on a distinguished road

Cook's-sounds wonderful and where are you located, I missed that part.
Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, September 26th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Almost Aruban

elisabeth_nj is on a distinguished road

I'm liking Ommi already! Can't wait to try this place (But I too do not like to cook on my vacations)!
Old Wednesday, September 26th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsoder@yahoo.com View Post
Cook's-sounds wonderful and where are you located, I missed that part.
Hi there Pgsoder.

We are located at the crossings of Adriaan Lacle Blvd. and Wilhelmina Straat on the 2nd floor. It is on the same street that runs in front of El Gaucho Restaurant, but it is at the two building at the crossing before you get to El Gaucho.

Live music will start at 8:00pm with Mariachi Aruba. I mistakenly mentioned Mariachi Nacional, but it is Mariachi Aruba. From 5 to 8 we'll have Mexican music on DVD and CD on our surround system to set the tone, with a happy hour that'll include $1.50 for Polar Beer, $2.00 Margaritas all night, and $3.00 Old Parr Scotch Wiskey.
Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, September 26th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabeth_nj View Post
I'm liking Ommi already! Can't wait to try this place (But I too do not like to cook on my vacations)!
Hahaha...thank you Elisabeth. Not to worry...we'll have our Chef cook it for you.

If you may remember the Aruba Sheraton Hotel, he worked there up to when it closed as Aruba Grand Hotel. His name is Pedro Rodriguez. He's a great Chef and a very nice person.

Every Friday we'll have live music at Cooks with specials each week.
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, October 23rd, 2007, 03:44 PM
Aruba Expert

Cooks Restaurant has introduced its Christmas Menu Special.

The menu consists of:

Appetizer ---> Ayaca (It is a traditional tamale but wrapped in banana
leaves).

Main Course --> You have Two Choices:
First Choice is (Black Angus) Prime Rib served with
fresh corn, Fresh Baby Spinach in garlic sauce, Fresh
Gold and Red Beets in a Tarragon sauce, with your
choice of either baked potato, mashed potato or
french fries. This dish is served with a FREE Glass of
wine.

Second Choice is Grilled or Broiled Grouper in the
delicious local creole sauce and served with Funchi
or Pan Bati or Basmati Rice, Fresh Baby Spinach in
Garlic sauce, Fresh Gold and Red Beets in a Tarragon
sauce. A FREE glass of wine is served with this dish.

Desert --------> Your choices of Chef Pedro's fantastic Quesillo (Local
flan) or Ice Cream. Coffee or Hot Tea included.

All this for only US$ 27.80 + Service Charge + Sales Tax.

For reservations please call us at +297-588-4296 or e-mail us at cooks.restaurant@yahoo.com.
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, October 23rd, 2007, 03:49 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabeth_nj View Post
Elisabeth, you're going to like this more.... Now our Happy Hour Every Friday is 2 for 1. That is, buy 1 drink and get the second FREE.
Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, October 24th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Almost Aruban

elisabeth_nj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooks Restaurant View Post
Elisabeth, you're going to like this more.... Now our Happy Hour Every Friday is 2 for 1. That is, buy 1 drink and get the second FREE.
Old Wednesday, October 24th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Almost Aruban

charlierat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Cooks Restaurant has introduced its Christmas Menu Special.

The menu consists of:

Appetizer ---> Ayaca (It is a traditional tamale but wrapped in banana
leaves).

Main Course --> You have Two Choices:
First Choice is (Black Angus) Prime Rib served with
fresh corn, Fresh Baby Spinach in garlic sauce, Fresh
Gold and Red Beets in a Tarragon sauce, with your
choice of either baked potato, mashed potato or
french fries. This dish is served with a FREE Glass of
wine.

Second Choice is Grilled or Broiled Grouper in the
delicious local creole sauce and served with Funchi
or Pan Bati or Basmati Rice, Fresh Baby Spinach in
Garlic sauce, Fresh Gold and Red Beets in a Tarragon
sauce. A FREE glass of wine is served with this dish.

Desert --------> Your choices of Chef Pedro's fantastic Quesillo (Local
flan) or Ice Cream. Coffee or Hot Tea included.

All this for only US$ 27.80 + Service Charge + Sales Tax.

For reservations please call us at +297-588-4296 or e-mail us at cooks.restaurant@yahoo.com.
Yum! More restaurants should serve pan bati. It is delicious and you can't get more authentically Aruban than that!
Old Monday, November 19th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Aruba Expert

As an added special for Christmas we have the following special as well:

At Cooks Restaurant
Every Fridays from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm

All You Can Eat From The Grill

You'll get 1 tossed salad
All you can eat steak, chicken kebabs, loin ribs, Mahi Mahi, Ham, fresh corn, Basmati Rice, baked potato, mashed potato, fresh gold beets in garlic tarragon sauce. Our Chef will be grilling everything on our main grill in the middle of the restaurant.
You'll also get a Quesillo for desert.
ADDITIONALLY, ALL THE RED OR WHITE WINE YOU CAN DRINK!!

All this for only US$35.00 plus service charge plus sales tax.

Last Friday was its introduction on TeleAruba and the place was full. So please, make your reservations at 588-4296 or e-mail us at cooks.restaurant@yahoo.com and we'll make sure to reserve your table.
Share with Facebook
Old Monday, November 19th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Administrator

i was already depressed that we would not be in aruba and now i am even more depressed since i know how great your food is. how about a may or august special like that?

Quote:
As an added special for Christmas we have the following special as well:

At Cooks Restaurant
Every Fridays from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm

All You Can Eat From The Grill

You'll get 1 tossed salad
All you can eat steak, chicken kebabs, loin ribs, Mahi Mahi, Ham, fresh corn, Basmati Rice, baked potato, mashed potato, fresh gold beets in garlic tarragon sauce. Our Chef will be grilling everything on our main grill in the middle of the restaurant.
You'll also get a Quesillo for desert.
ADDITIONALLY, ALL THE RED OR WHITE WINE YOU CAN DRINK!!

All this for only US$35.00 plus service charge plus sales tax.

Last Friday was its introduction on TeleAruba and the place was full. So please, make your reservations at 588-4296 or e-mail us at cooks.restaurant@yahoo.com and we'll make sure to reserve your table.
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, November 20th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Aruba Expert

I'm sorry to hear you won't be in Aruba.

Did you visit us without me knowing?????

For the All You Can Eat and Drink Special, we are looking at what the reactions are. If good we'll keep it as a regular thing every Friday instead of the Happy Hour.

Up to now the reactions are fenominal. There are a few companies who booked a few Fridays completely for themselves because they've tried it last Friday.

Last Friday was great. The only thing I regret was that we didn't have enough tables for everyone, with the result we stayed open untill 12:30am only for those who didn't get tables earlier. We have seating for only 106 people comfortably.

For the regular menu we have changed a few things. I have new picture I can send you. Just let me know your e-mail address and I'll send a few.
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, November 20th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Administrator

no, i haven't yet been but i have been getting reports from friends who really like cooks.

i have sent you my email.

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear you won't be in Aruba.

Did you visit us without me knowing?????

For the All You Can Eat and Drink Special, we are looking at what the reactions are. If good we'll keep it as a regular thing every Friday instead of the Happy Hour.

Up to now the reactions are fenominal. There are a few companies who booked a few Fridays completely for themselves because they've tried it last Friday.

Last Friday was great. The only thing I regret was that we didn't have enough tables for everyone, with the result we stayed open untill 12:30am only for those who didn't get tables earlier. We have seating for only 106 people comfortably.

For the regular menu we have changed a few things. I have new picture I can send you. Just let me know your e-mail address and I'll send a few.
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, November 20th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Almost Aruban

If anyone wants to print out Cooks Christmas menu - here's their flyer. COOKS RESTAURANT – CHRISTMAS MENU
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, November 27th, 2007, 04:18 PM

Tammy is on a distinguished road
Smile Cooks Restaurant

Sorry this review has taken so long. My husband and I visited Aruba in October (for the 5-6th time) and we wanted to try some new restaurants this trip. Since Cooks Restaurant had received many good reviews here on the Board, we decided to give it a try. My husband and I fine dine quite often and we did not know what to expect however, we were not disapppointed. From the time we entered the front door and walked upstairs we knew this was our kind of place. The atmosphere, deco, food and friendliness were all fabulous. At the end of our meal, Ommi the owner came over to chat with us. We had such an enjoyable converstation we could have stayed for hours. I would definitely recommend Cooks on your next trip to Aruba and please tell Ommi that Jim and Tammy from New Jersey said Hello
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, November 27th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Aruba Expert

Default Re: Cooks Restaurant

HI Tammy and Jim.

It was our pleasure serving you here and we are happy you enjoyed your evening. Our best wishes to you and your family for this Holiday Season and please be safe.

We'll see you back next year.
Share with Facebook
Old Monday, December 17th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Aruba Expert

We had amazing reactions for our All U Can Eat at Cooks Restaurant, therefore we are seriously planning for every Saturday next year. I'll keep you all posted on when exactly next year we'll start with it. So, keep visiting www.visitaruba.com for any update on this, because it is on this website that you'll read about it.

Just to give you a little info on our plans, the menu will consist of the same that was already listed in previous post. But, you'll have two bar choices that will go with your All U Can Eat.

The first, for US$35.00 plus service charge plus sales tax, you'll get the All U Can Eat plus the All U Can Drink Red Wine or White Wine from 8:30pm untill 10:30pm.

The second choice, for US$55.00 plus service charge plus sales tax, you'll get the All U Can Eat plus All U Can Drink Premium Bar from 8:30 pm untill 10:30 pm.

I'll update you all on this. For this month we have only December 21 and 28 with a few spaces available. Please make your reservations since space availability are going quick. Due to the large demand we had to add extra weekdays for the All U Can Eat to accommodate everyone. We planned for Fridays only, but due to demand we had it Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They were all full.

Last edited by Cooks Restaurant; Monday, December 17th, 2007 at 03:51 PM.
Share with Facebook
Old Monday, December 17th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Aruba Expert

Appreciate the info you provided, but we are still waiting to hear what plans you have made for those handicapped who cannot visit your restaurant. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, December 18th, 2007, 08:31 AM

arubaariba is on a distinguished road

We dined at Cooks again in November - and loved it. This was our 3rd time, not too many people - but the food was superb!! Excellent job as usual chef! (had the lamb rack again - mmmmmmm)
Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, December 20th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiesara2003 View Post
Appreciate the info you provided, but we are still waiting to hear what plans you have made for those handicapped who cannot visit your restaurant. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Hi Barbiesara2003.
For next year we have in plans of installing an elevator and redo our bathrooms with handicap rails.
Thanks for asking and for the interest.
Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, December 20th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubaariba View Post
We dined at Cooks again in November - and loved it. This was our 3rd time, not too many people - but the food was superb!! Excellent job as usual chef! (had the lamb rack again - mmmmmmm)
We are happy to read that you've enjoyed your dinner at Cooks Restaurant and that the food was at your satisfaction. It was our pleasure serving you.

There are days that we don't have many people at the restaurant, but with this holiday season we were quite busy and especially after being televized on the show Magia Di Pasco on TeleAruba.
Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, December 20th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Aruba Expert

Sincerest thanks for telling us of your plans to make the restaurant handicapped accessible. We look forward to hearing of the completion of these plans so we will have the opportunity to visit.
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, January 11th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Aruba Expert

Starting January 19, 2008, we'll start again with our All You Can Eat Special every Saturday from 7 to 9 pm.

You'll have three package choices:

1. US$25.00 plus service charge plus sales tax and you'll get an All You Can Eat consisting of salad bar, soup of the day, Steak, Loin Ribs, Mahi Mahi, Chicken kebabs, (Ssssshhhhh ask the Chef for some Shrimp On The Barbie just for you, but don't tell))side dishes, and end it with a desert.

2. US$35.00 plus service charge plus sales tax you'll get the All You Can Eat and All You Can Drink Red Wine or White Wine.

3. US$55.00 plus service charge plus sales tax you'll get the All You Can Eat plus the All You Can Drink Premium Bar.

On Fridays we'll have our Happy Hour from 6 till 8 pm with Live Music.

YES...TELL EVERYONE YOU READ IT HERE ON WWW.VISITARUBA.COM FIRST, where all the news about Aruba is first posted. It'll be untill Monday that you'll read it in Aruba Today and next week you can see it on TeleAruba Channel 13 or 23 in the Carnival Program Den Dje.

For reservations call 588-4296 after 3 pm or e-mail us at cooks.restaurant@yahoo.com.

Stay tuned for more news and updates on www.visitaruba.com forum.
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, January 11th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: cooks restaurant

This sounds wonderful!!! I'll be there in three weeks, and look forward to enjoying some meals at Cooks, and saying "hello" to you!!
Old Thursday, January 17th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Almost Aruban

Here's the flyer for Cooks Restaurants new All-u-can-eat Grill Menu on Saturdays from 7:00 p.m. COOKS RESTAURANT - ALL-U-CAN EAT MENU
Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, January 17th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Aruba Expert

Kent is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: cooks restaurant

I am going to try this place out on Sat Jan 26th. Please have a spot open for Mr. Gerber at 7:00 for 2 people. Thanks Kent
Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, January 17th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Administrator

kent, just a suggestion from the owner...
For reservations call 588-4296 after 3 pm or e-mail us at cooks.restaurant@yahoo.com.

i will be doing the same in may. for some reason the place totally appeals to me although as i said, i have never eaten there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
I am going to try this place out on Sat Jan 26th. Please have a spot open for Mr. Gerber at 7:00 for 2 people. Thanks Kent
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, January 18th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Aruba Expert

susanna is on a distinguished road

I'm going to have to put this place on our "to do" list!!! We'll be there in April!!!
Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, January 19th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Aruba Expert

Kent is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: cooks restaurant

Thanks alot Sheri. I e-mailed them. Kent
Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, January 20th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Aruba Expert

Good morning Kent.Your request did not go through via e-mail. Maybe you missed a letter, but not to worry. I confirmed your reservation through your post on this forum.That is one of the many great things about visitaruba.com, you can get the most updated informations and also all the help and assistance you need. The peolpe here are great.Susanna, whenever you are so far just let us know.We will make sure you all will not regret making Cooks Restaurant one of your dining choices.

Last edited by Cooks Restaurant; Sunday, January 20th, 2008 at 10:37 AM.
Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, January 20th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Almost Aruban

Opening hours for Cooks Restaurant on Jan. 25 are 11 am-4 pm. on Betico Croes Day. BETICO CROES DAY- MENU ON JAN. 25– COOKS RESTAURANT

On January 25th, we commemorate the birthday of the late Aruban political leader, Gilberto Francois (Betico) Croes. A young ambitious schoolmaster/politician from the A.V.P. became the leader of a new political party - M.E.P. (Movimiento Electoral di Pueblo). This ambitious young politician emerged as the driving force for the next generation towards the realization of our new "Status Aparte" in the Dutch Kingdom. This was achieved in 1985 and made official as of 1st January 1986. With its new status Aruba was given autonomy from the Netherlands Antilles, and was allowed to function as a commonwealth within the Dutch Kingdom. Mr. Gilberto François Croes (better known as "Betico Croes") became the modern "liberator" of the Aruban cause, namely to become an independent partner within the Royal Dutch Kingdom.
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008, 02:54 PM
Aruba Expert

I just wanted to remind everyone that only for this Friday 25th, 2008, we'll be open during lunch hours from 11 am to 4 pm.

Eventhough we'll have the creole buffet A La Cart will also be available.

We will not be open for dinner on January 25th, 2008. Only for lunch.

Please make your reservations on time since spaces are going quick.

Reservation are open from 3 pm to 11 pm or e-mail us at cooks.restaurant@yahoo.com 24 hours a day 7 days per week.
Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, February 21st, 2008, 10:41 AM
Aruba Expert

Tomorrow, Friday 22, Live Music at Cooks Restaurant with Albert Croes from 7 to 10 pm and Happy Hour from 6 to 8 pm.

Our happy Hour is buy 1 drink and get the other FREE.

Albert Croes is a well known local pianist who also teaches piano to many people here on the island. He will sure make the evening one very enjoyable.
Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, March 1st, 2008, 03:32 PM

john is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: cooks restaurant

after seeing the good comments on cook's, we made 3 reservations. the first was just the two of us-great service from louis and ami the mgr. came over and talked with us. great food and ambience. music playing on wide screen tv's and tshows the artists performing as well.
2nd time was a group of 8 and we whooped it up. again, great food and service.
3rd time just the two of us and ami again came over and talked to us.
only problem is that it mnust seat 150 and we never saw more than 4-5 other people there. hope their business picks up cuz want to go anain next year.
Share with Facebook