Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba Restaurant Reviews

Aruba Restaurant Reviews For new aruba restaurants reviews or to post a new review click here. To view archived reviews click here.

View Poll Results: cooks restaurant
poor 3 16.67%
average 2 11.11%
good 2 11.11%
very good 2 11.11%
excellent 9 50.00%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old Saturday, March 1st, 2008, 04:18 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 47
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

cooks is definitely on my list for may. i am thrilled to hear that the food and service are good. thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
after seeing the good comments on cook's, we made 3 reservations. the first was just the two of us-great service from louis and ami the mgr. came over and talked with us. great food and ambience. music playing on wide screen tv's and tshows the artists performing as well.
2nd time was a group of 8 and we whooped it up. again, great food and service.
3rd time just the two of us and ami again came over and talked to us.
only problem is that it mnust seat 150 and we never saw more than 4-5 other people there. hope their business picks up cuz want to go anain next year.
Share with Facebook
  #52  
Old Monday, March 3rd, 2008, 03:55 PM
Cooks Restaurant's Avatar
Cooks Restaurant Cooks Restaurant is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 29th, 2007
Posts: 267
Cooks Restaurant is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

We are happy to hear that John and Bonnie liked our restaurant. John and Bonnie are great people who I enjoyed very much talking to. They brought a fun group of friends who had a great time and we had a great time having them here as well. They enjoyed grilling their steaks on the grill at their table. One of the gentlemen also did a very nice show on the grill flaming his steak. It was great.

Business is slow with us indeed but that is going to change. On special days like last Valentine's Day it was a mad house. The restaurant was completely full with walk-in customers waiting all the way down the stairs. They were determined to eat at Cooks and we stayed open untill 1 in the morning for them.

Three part time waiters and 1 part time cook did not show up which did not make it easy on us but we managed.

John, it was our pleasure being at you all's service, as they say in Texas. We will be here for your next trip next year. Be safe.

Sincerely,
Cooks Restaurant
Share with Facebook
  #53  
Old Tuesday, March 4th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Larry Moore's Avatar
Larry Moore Larry Moore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: January 3rd, 2008
Location: Cassville Missouri
Age: 70
Posts: 150
Larry Moore is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Well now I have 2 restaurant's on my do list...Thanks to Sherry. All you can eat with red wine........Im starving myself for a couple month's to get ready........
__________________
Larry and Darcy


Share with Facebook
  #54  
Old Tuesday, March 4th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Cooks Restaurant's Avatar
Cooks Restaurant Cooks Restaurant is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 29th, 2007
Posts: 267
Cooks Restaurant is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Dear Cooks Restaurant..
Due to the fact Ive never ate them (or seen any) I will be there the end of may to try a few. I really hope there filling and what ever else you may have to offer. My wife says she has tasted some (I think she's fibbing) but would like to try some thats been cooked. She's laughing at me but I dont get it.....Must be some kinda stupid joke.....
__________________
Larry and Darcy

Dear Larry,
I hope you find the fish balls at Old Fisherman filling and delicious. I've heard that they are quite delicious. As I said before, Old Fisherman is a good restaurant with great food as well. After you try Old Fisherman's fish balls you can try some at Cooks as well. Only ours is bigger or so they say. In any case we will make sure everything will be to your satisfaction.

About your wife laughing at you, I wouldn't know about that. Maybe she's laughing with you.

Just let me know when you'll be visiting us and we will prepare some fish balls for you.

Last edited by Cooks Restaurant; Tuesday, March 4th, 2008 at 05:36 PM.
Share with Facebook
  #55  
Old Tuesday, March 4th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooks Restaurant View Post

Dear Larry,
I hope you find the fish balls at Old Fisherman filling and delicious. I've heard that they are quite delicious. As I said before, Old Fisherman is a good restaurant with great food as well. After you try Old Fisherman's fish balls you can try some at Cooks as well. Only ours is bigger or so they say. In any case we will make sure everything will be to your satisfaction.

About your wife laughing at you, I wouldn't know about that. Maybe she's laughing with you.

Just let me know when you'll be visiting us and we will prepare some fish balls for you.
Holy cow ~ you have balls, too??

Sorry I never made it there the month of February. I honestly don't know where the time went. You're a "must do" next year!!
__________________
Share with Facebook
  #56  
Old Tuesday, March 4th, 2008, 09:40 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 47
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

omg! fish balls are taking over! is no place safe from them? tiny little fish balls! they are attacking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
Holy cow ~ you have balls, too??

Sorry I never made it there the month of February. I honestly don't know where the time went. You're a "must do" next year!!
Share with Facebook
  #57  
Old Wednesday, March 5th, 2008, 07:45 AM
pgsoder pgsoder is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: June 26th, 2004
Posts: 1,530
pgsoder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

You know how they say, "it is good to learn 1 new thing a day", well, I learned something on this BB yesterday, I never knew fish had balls!!!!
Share with Facebook
  #58  
Old Wednesday, March 5th, 2008, 08:46 AM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 47
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

ahhhhh, there are so many things we aruba addicts can teach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsoder@yahoo.com View Post
You know how they say, "it is good to learn 1 new thing a day", well, I learned something on this BB yesterday, I never knew fish had balls!!!!
Share with Facebook
  #59  
Old Wednesday, March 5th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: cooks restaurant

I literally am sitting on my hands, Gina! I could do a stand up comedy act on your post, but sherry would throw me off here instantly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsoder@yahoo.com View Post
You know how they say, "it is good to learn 1 new thing a day", well, I learned something on this BB yesterday, I never knew fish had balls!!!!
__________________
Share with Facebook
  #60  
Old Wednesday, March 5th, 2008, 10:26 AM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 47
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

elaine, are you typing with your teeth? just remember i almost had to delete myself yesterday so i also am trying to maintain self control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
I literally am sitting on my hands, Gina! I could do a stand up comedy act on your post, but sherry would throw me off here instantly!!
Share with Facebook
  #61  
Old Wednesday, March 5th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: cooks restaurant

Truth be known, I'm a woman of many talents!! lol

You're the one who started this whole thing with "balls." AND, I know it's as difficult for you to maintain self control as it is for me! "Girls" just like to have fun!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
elaine, are you typing with your teeth? just remember i almost had to delete myself yesterday so i also am trying to maintain self control.
__________________
Share with Facebook
  #62  
Old Wednesday, March 5th, 2008, 10:46 AM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 47
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

awww, i just tried to tell the story of deliciously tasty fish ball. i am innocent of everything! really i am. and if you go to old fisherman make sure to ask for fish cakes as an appetizer. suddenly they will become fish balls: round, little, delicate fishballs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
Truth be known, I'm a woman of many talents!! lol

You're the one who started this whole thing with "balls." AND, I know it's as difficult for you to maintain self control as it is for me! "Girls" just like to have fun!!
Share with Facebook
  #63  
Old Wednesday, March 5th, 2008, 11:05 AM
pgsoder pgsoder is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: June 26th, 2004
Posts: 1,530
pgsoder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Elaine and Sherry
Actually I "cleaned up" what I was actually going to post not knowing what Sherry would tolerate, but she DID start it.
Share with Facebook
  #64  
Old Wednesday, March 5th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Larry Moore's Avatar
Larry Moore Larry Moore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: January 3rd, 2008
Location: Cassville Missouri
Age: 70
Posts: 150
Larry Moore is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsoder@yahoo.com View Post
Elaine and Sherry
Actually I "cleaned up" what I was actually going to post not knowing what Sherry would tolerate, but she DID start it.
Im here to tell you'all Sherry started it all... I might of had something to do with a post just after her but like I was saying, ( I never had seen any and just wanted to know what they looked like and where they were located) Found out the Old Fisherman has little ones and Cooks has the big one's.......
__________________
Larry and Darcy


Share with Facebook
  #65  
Old Wednesday, March 5th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Moore View Post
Im here to tell you'all Sherry started it all... I might of had something to do with a post just after her but like I was saying, ( I never had seen any and just wanted to know what they looked like and where they were located) Found out the Old Fisherman has little ones and Cooks has the big one's.......

I think, no, I take that back, I know, if given a choice, I like big "ones." Next February can't come fast enough... I'm getting off the plane and running, not walking, to Cooks! Watch out Ommi!!!

Be still my heart!!
__________________

Last edited by Elaine S; Wednesday, March 5th, 2008 at 01:07 PM.
Share with Facebook
  #66  
Old Wednesday, March 5th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Cooks Restaurant's Avatar
Cooks Restaurant Cooks Restaurant is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 29th, 2007
Posts: 267
Cooks Restaurant is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
Holy cow ~ you have balls, too??
You bet ya!!!!!
Share with Facebook
  #67  
Old Wednesday, March 5th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Cooks Restaurant's Avatar
Cooks Restaurant Cooks Restaurant is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 29th, 2007
Posts: 267
Cooks Restaurant is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsoder@yahoo.com View Post
You know how they say, "it is good to learn 1 new thing a day", well, I learned something on this BB yesterday, I never knew fish had balls!!!!
Ain't that right??? Funny thing is that you will always be surprized by the things you didn't know and of which you learned. On this forum I think they call it "getting shocked."
Share with Facebook
  #68  
Old Wednesday, March 5th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Cooks Restaurant's Avatar
Cooks Restaurant Cooks Restaurant is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 29th, 2007
Posts: 267
Cooks Restaurant is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
I think, no, I take that back, I know, if given a choice, I like big "ones." Next February can't come fast enough... I'm getting off the plane and running, not walking, to Cooks! Watch out Ommi!!!

Be still my heart!!
Ladies...please...take it easy. There is enough for everyone. Elaine, please don't run. You may fall and hurt yourself, then you won't be able to enjoy them balls. Fish balls that is.

Last edited by Cooks Restaurant; Wednesday, March 5th, 2008 at 06:46 PM.
Share with Facebook
  #69  
Old Wednesday, March 5th, 2008, 09:18 PM
kevin d's Avatar
kevin d kevin d is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Location: key west
Age: 52
Posts: 3,944
kevin d is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Women...so predictable. All it takes is a little seduction and talk of big fish balls and they're lining up at the door. Kudos to you, Cooks

I can't wait to try them either - not that there's anything wrong with that
__________________
Everyone should believe in something - I believe I'll go fishing
Share with Facebook
  #70  
Old Wednesday, March 5th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Larry Moore's Avatar
Larry Moore Larry Moore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: January 3rd, 2008
Location: Cassville Missouri
Age: 70
Posts: 150
Larry Moore is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

[quote=kevin d;75800]Women...so predictable. All it takes is a little seduction and talk of big fish balls and they're lining up at the door. Kudos to you, Cooks


This has to be the best Thread Ive ever seen!! Sherry you are something special, Murray has a hand full with you.. (poor guy) We gotta meet, Cooks or Old Fisherman which ever has the biggest Balls, You pick!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Larry and Darcy


Share with Facebook
  #71  
Old Wednesday, March 5th, 2008, 10:31 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 47
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

never fear, we will make those plans... i am starting my list of restaurants in a week or two. i try to savor the decisions just like i do with fish balls.

[quote=Larry Moore;75805]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin d View Post
Women...so predictable. All it takes is a little seduction and talk of big fish balls and they're lining up at the door. Kudos to you, Cooks


This has to be the best Thread Ive ever seen!! Sherry you are something special, Murray has a hand full with you.. (poor guy) We gotta meet, Cooks or Old Fisherman which ever has the biggest Balls, You pick!!!!!!!!!!!
Share with Facebook
  #72  
Old Wednesday, March 5th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooks Restaurant View Post
Ladies...please...take it easy. There is enough for everyone. Elaine, please don't run. You may fall and hurt yourself, then you won't be able to enjoy them balls. Fish balls that is.
Okay Ommi, when I arrive next year, I'm walking in, walking right up to you and making this request...."before I decide what to order, can I see your balls?"
__________________
Share with Facebook
  #73  
Old Thursday, March 6th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Cooks Restaurant's Avatar
Cooks Restaurant Cooks Restaurant is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 29th, 2007
Posts: 267
Cooks Restaurant is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
Okay Ommi, when I arrive next year, I'm walking in, walking right up to you and making this request...."before I decide what to order, can I see your balls?"
Not a problem at all. As soon as you ask for them they will be right up.
Share with Facebook
  #74  
Old Thursday, March 6th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: cooks restaurant

Ommi, you not only have "big balls," you're a good sport to take all this abuse!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooks Restaurant View Post
Not a problem at all. As soon as you ask for them they will be right up.
__________________
Share with Facebook
  #75  
Old Thursday, March 6th, 2008, 02:22 PM
pgsoder pgsoder is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: June 26th, 2004
Posts: 1,530
pgsoder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

OK Ya'll I'm putting Cook's on my "must" list for this coming December. I have to see these "balls" that Omni is bragging about!!
Share with Facebook
  #76  
Old Thursday, March 6th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Larry Moore's Avatar
Larry Moore Larry Moore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: January 3rd, 2008
Location: Cassville Missouri
Age: 70
Posts: 150
Larry Moore is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsoder@yahoo.com View Post
OK Ya'll I'm putting Cook's on my "must" list for this coming December. I have to see these "balls" that Omni is bragging about!!

Now folks, lets not forget these so called balls or off some kind of fish species.....Inwhich Ive have not learned yet, but when my travels leads me to Cook's in May he will show me, unless Elaine grabs em and runs away to eat em on the beach....... before I get there...
__________________
Larry and Darcy


Share with Facebook
  #77  
Old Thursday, March 6th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Cooks Restaurant's Avatar
Cooks Restaurant Cooks Restaurant is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 29th, 2007
Posts: 267
Cooks Restaurant is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
Ommi, you not only have "big balls," you're a good sport to take all this abuse!!
No abuse taken at all but you made me blush.
Share with Facebook
  #78  
Old Thursday, March 6th, 2008, 02:49 PM
pgsoder pgsoder is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: June 26th, 2004
Posts: 1,530
pgsoder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Larry, not to worry, Elaine does not go back until next Feb. Can't wait to read your report about these "fish balls" that Omni has.
Share with Facebook
  #79  
Old Thursday, March 6th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Cooks Restaurant's Avatar
Cooks Restaurant Cooks Restaurant is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 29th, 2007
Posts: 267
Cooks Restaurant is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsoder@yahoo.com View Post
OK Ya'll I'm putting Cook's on my "must" list for this coming December. I have to see these "balls" that Omni is bragging about!!
I'm happy to hear that you've put us on your list. Depending on which part of December you are visiting you'll be able to eat those balls and see fire works as well.

Wooowww....hold on a second.....that didn't sound right didn't it??? Let me rephrase...you'll be able to eat the fish balls and see fireworks outside the window if its after December 27. I hope that sounds better.
Share with Facebook
  #80  
Old Thursday, March 6th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Cooks Restaurant's Avatar
Cooks Restaurant Cooks Restaurant is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 29th, 2007
Posts: 267
Cooks Restaurant is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Moore View Post
Now folks, lets not forget these so called balls or off some kind of fish species.....Inwhich Ive have not learned yet, but when my travels leads me to Cook's in May he will show me, unless Elaine grabs em and runs away to eat em on the beach....... before I get there...
PG is right. Elain is coming February of next year. Either way there will be enough for everyone.
Share with Facebook
  #81  
Old Thursday, March 6th, 2008, 03:07 PM
pgsoder pgsoder is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: June 26th, 2004
Posts: 1,530
pgsoder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Elaine, did you see that, you get to see fireworks too?
Share with Facebook
  #82  
Old Thursday, March 6th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: cooks restaurant

Speaking for myself ~ if ever, whenever, however I eat them, I'll see fireworks!!!!

The hell with the balls!! After all this back and forth banter with Ommi who has been such a good sport, and a lot of fun, I just want to meet him!!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooks Restaurant View Post
I'm happy to hear that you've put us on your list. Depending on which part of December you are visiting you'll be able to eat those balls and see fire works as well.

Wooowww....hold on a second.....that didn't sound right didn't it??? Let me rephrase...you'll be able to eat the fish balls and see fireworks outside the window if its after December 27. I hope that sounds better.
__________________
Share with Facebook
  #83  
Old Thursday, March 6th, 2008, 05:45 PM
pgsoder pgsoder is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: June 26th, 2004
Posts: 1,530
pgsoder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Elaine I have a fantastic idea, you and I go see Omni in Feb. 2009. I just love "fireworks"!!
And you are so right, Omni is being such a good sport about all this stuff we are throwing at him about his "fish balls"! You are OK in my book Omni.
Share with Facebook
  #84  
Old Thursday, March 6th, 2008, 06:00 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 47
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

i have a better idea... let's get all of the restaurants together for a 'big balls'(fish that is) contest.

and yes ommi, you are one heck of a guy to join in on this fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsoder@yahoo.com View Post
Elaine I have a fantastic idea, you and I go see Omni in Feb. 2009. I just love "fireworks"!!
And you are so right, Omni is being such a good sport about all this stuff we are throwing at him about his "fish balls"! You are OK in my book Omni.
Share with Facebook
  #85  
Old Thursday, March 6th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
i have a better idea... let's get all of the restaurants together for a 'big balls'(fish that is) contest.

and yes ommi, you are one heck of a guy to join in on this fun.
Big balls contest????????????? Please, please, please sherry, can I be a judge???? It'll kinda be like Aruban Idol!!


Gina ~ You're on for February, girl!
__________________
Share with Facebook
  #86  
Old Thursday, March 6th, 2008, 09:55 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 47
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

yes, you asked first so you get to be a judge. you can do that job with your hands tied behind your back, hahahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
Big balls contest????????????? Please, please, please sherry, can I be a judge???? It'll kinda be like Aruban Idol!!


Gina ~ You're on for February, girl!
Share with Facebook
  #87  
Old Thursday, March 6th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
yes, you asked first so you get to be a judge. you can do that job with your hands tied behind your back, hahahaha.

Thank you, thank you!!! My hands tied behind my back??? Wow, you give me much too much credit!!

Okay Ommi ~ because of the good sportsmanship you've shown, you get to show me yours first!!
__________________
Share with Facebook
  #88  
Old Friday, March 7th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Cooks Restaurant's Avatar
Cooks Restaurant Cooks Restaurant is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 29th, 2007
Posts: 267
Cooks Restaurant is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsoder@yahoo.com View Post
Elaine I have a fantastic idea, you and I go see Omni in Feb. 2009. I just love "fireworks"!!
And you are so right, Omni is being such a good sport about all this stuff we are throwing at him about his "fish balls"! You are OK in my book Omni.
Thanks my friend. You are all wonderfull, fun and good sports as well.

Last edited by Cooks Restaurant; Friday, March 7th, 2008 at 05:20 PM.
Share with Facebook
  #89  
Old Friday, March 7th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Cooks Restaurant's Avatar
Cooks Restaurant Cooks Restaurant is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 29th, 2007
Posts: 267
Cooks Restaurant is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
i have a better idea... let's get all of the restaurants together for a 'big balls'(fish that is) contest.

and yes ommi, you are one heck of a guy to join in on this fun.
Thank you for including me Sherry. I'll be honored.

But let's make it better with a twist. Schedule ya'lls trip for May with Sherry. We'll take my car, I'll drive you guys to get your balls around the island. Elain will be the judge and all of you the jury.
Share with Facebook
  #90  
Old Friday, March 7th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Cooks Restaurant's Avatar
Cooks Restaurant Cooks Restaurant is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 29th, 2007
Posts: 267
Cooks Restaurant is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
Okay Ommi ~ because of the good sportsmanship you've shown, you get to show me yours first!!
Elain....you are the first on my list.
Share with Facebook
  #91  
Old Friday, March 7th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooks Restaurant View Post
Thank you for including me Sherry. I'll be honored.

But let's make it better with a twist. Schedule ya'lls trip for May with Sherry. We'll take my car, I'll drive you guys to get your balls around the island. Elain will be the judge and all of you the jury.
Believe it or not, there are parts of the island that I still haven't seen after 14 trips. Are the "balls" different in different parts, or is it kinda like, " you've seen two, you've seen them all?"


Watch out ommi...."here come da judge!!
__________________
Share with Facebook
  #92  
Old Saturday, March 8th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Cooks Restaurant's Avatar
Cooks Restaurant Cooks Restaurant is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 29th, 2007
Posts: 267
Cooks Restaurant is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
Believe it or not, there are parts of the island that I still haven't seen after 14 trips. Are the "balls" different in different parts, or is it kinda like, " you've seen two, you've seen them all?"


Watch out ommi...."here come da judge!!
Aruba is a unique island. It is small in size and big in flavor. Its flavor is different in each corner yet you will feel like you have not traveled the island completely and will never get to the end of it. It is a never ending variety of flavors and SIZES. Court in session.

Last edited by Cooks Restaurant; Saturday, March 8th, 2008 at 08:17 PM.
Share with Facebook
  #93  
Old Saturday, March 8th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooks Restaurant View Post
Aruba is a unique island. It is small in size and big in flavor. Its flavor is different in each corner yet you will feel like you have not traveled the island completely and will never get to the end of it. It is a never ending variety of flavors and SIZES. Court in session.

I have "banged" the gavel; court IS in session. Sir Ommi, it's time for you to show me yours, and I'll show you mine ~ evidence, that is!!!
__________________
Share with Facebook
  #94  
Old Sunday, March 9th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Larry Moore's Avatar
Larry Moore Larry Moore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: January 3rd, 2008
Location: Cassville Missouri
Age: 70
Posts: 150
Larry Moore is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Geeee, been gone for 3 days fishing a Bass Tournement and come back to see were having Court over who" balls are the biggest and with the best flavor.. OK... count me in...By the way, Before this bass tournement I had some of the local fishermen thinking I was a nutcase when I told them about the Aruba Fish Balls.. Seems nobody here found any.."so they did look anyway" ha...I didnt win any money because I was too busy holding the fish upside down all day..... thanks alot people.........
__________________
Larry and Darcy


Share with Facebook
  #95  
Old Sunday, March 9th, 2008, 01:35 PM
pgsoder pgsoder is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: June 26th, 2004
Posts: 1,530
pgsoder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Elaine and Omni, I just got off the phone with my cousin that I take to Aruba in Feb. and she said for me to "sign her up" for the balls and fireworks. So now we are three!!!! It gets more kinky every day!!!
Share with Facebook
  #96  
Old Monday, March 10th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Gina ~ I think we chased Ommi away!! All I did was rap my gavel!!
Just kidding.... I think Ommi's great!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsoder@yahoo.com View Post
Elaine and Omni, I just got off the phone with my cousin that I take to Aruba in Feb. and she said for me to "sign her up" for the balls and fireworks. So now we are three!!!! It gets more kinky every day!!!
__________________
Share with Facebook
  #97  
Old Thursday, March 13th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Cooks Restaurant's Avatar
Cooks Restaurant Cooks Restaurant is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 29th, 2007
Posts: 267
Cooks Restaurant is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Sorry that I disappeared for a moment, but my wife and I went thru a difficult time during these last few days. Our six year old had surgeory so that was an emotional chaos for us. Thank God that everything went well and he is fine now recovering. Regarding the fishballs, you can bring as many people as you want. There are balls for all.Btw Elain, it takes a lot to scare me away. Hahahahahaaa

Last edited by Cooks Restaurant; Thursday, March 13th, 2008 at 01:23 AM.
Share with Facebook
  #98  
Old Thursday, March 13th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Liz from N.J.'s Avatar
Liz from N.J. Liz from N.J. is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: East Brunswick, New Jersey
Posts: 1,733
Liz from N.J. is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooks Restaurant View Post
Sorry that I disappeared for a moment, but my wife and I went thru a difficult time during these last few days. Our six year old had have surgeory done so that was an emotional chaos for us. Thank God that everything is fine now and he is recovering.
Glad to hear that your son is o.k. It must have been upsetting time for you and your wife as your son is so young.
Share with Facebook
  #99  
Old Thursday, March 13th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Cooks Restaurant's Avatar
Cooks Restaurant Cooks Restaurant is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 29th, 2007
Posts: 267
Cooks Restaurant is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Thank you for your well wishes.Indeed it was quite upsetting. We were scared, upset, worried, felt helpless, and brokendown. Today with the good news we feel tremendously relieved. I gave everybody a free cocktail today at the restaurant to cheer his good health.
Share with Facebook
  #100  
Old Thursday, March 13th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Larry Moore's Avatar
Larry Moore Larry Moore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: January 3rd, 2008
Location: Cassville Missouri
Age: 70
Posts: 150
Larry Moore is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooks Restaurant View Post
Thank you for your well wishes.Indeed it was quite upsetting. We were scared, upset, worried, felt helpless, and brokendown. Today with the good news we feel tremendously relieved. I gave everybody a free cocktail today at the restaurant to cheer his good health.
Were sending well wish's from the "show me state" in Missouri for your Son and Family. Take Care......
__________________
Larry and Darcy


Share with Facebook
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2006 -2011 - CaribMedia.com