Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba Restaurant Reviews

Aruba Restaurant Reviews For new aruba restaurants reviews or to post a new review click here. To view archived reviews click here.

View Poll Results: matthew's
poor 0 0%
average 0 0%
good 1 5.00%
very good 8 40.00%
excellent 11 55.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old Wednesday, July 11th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default matthew's

tell us what you think.

vote and/or write a comment.
Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, July 11th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Default Re: matthew's

http://www.matthews-aruba.com/
Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, July 12th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Almost Aruban

Liz from N.J. is on a distinguished road

My friend and I went to the new Matthew's Beachside Restaurant last week on July 5th, a few days after their grand opening. Located at Casa del Mar, Matthew's has a lovely open-air beach-side atmosphere. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sunday Brunch is served from 10 am.

Matthew's is owned by Stefan and Milka Legger. The restaurant was named after their son Nathan second name Matthew as they didn't want customers visioning Nathan's hot dogs. They also own Rumba's which is located downtown behind the Renaissance Resort.

We both had the the 14oz. sirloin steak topped with a garlic and green herb butter served with a red wine jus. My friend isn't into herb butter and didn't see it on the menu, so she just scraped it off. The steak was delicious. Mine was ordered medium rare and my friend medium. Both came out exactly as ordered. The entree came with one side - we chose baked potato with butter/sour cream. The only negative was the baked potato was not hot. We are both dessert lovers but we were full from the large-size steak so we decided to skip dessert.

Entree $28.95, soda $2.50, 15% service charge $4.72, $2 additional tip. Total $38.17

CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES OF MATTHEWS BEACHSIDE RESTAURANT

CLICK HERE FOR MATTHEWS BEACHSIDE – LUNCH MENU

CLICK HERE FOR MATTHEWS BEACHSIDE – DINNER MENU

Last edited by Liz from N.J.; Thursday, July 12th, 2007 at 07:37 PM.
Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, August 15th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Administrator

What can I say? This restaurant opened at casa del mar not too long ago. It is owned by the same people who own rumba’s. it is wonderful.

A table of 4. murray and I had salad, liz had caprese. Great portions and great taste. We followed with janet having the sirloin, liz and murray had the two 5 oz chicken fillets, and I had the white salmon. I can’t picture the taste or presentation being better. Janet and liz split an ice cream with fresh strawberries and murray and I split apple strudel with ice cream. Best strudel we have ever had. We all had beverages including an after dinner coffee for murray. The total of the bill including tax and 15% service charge was $158. We added extra due to great service. The meal was a 10 out of 10.
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, September 14th, 2007, 12:10 PM

TomR is on a distinguished road

My friend and I had lunch at Matthew’s last week. The restaurant itself is very nice with a wonderful view of the beach and the Sea. This alone would make us return for lunch, but the food was also outstanding. We both had the French turkey wrap which was huge and delicious. We would have returned for diner here but did not as we had lost 2 days of our vacation due to Hurricane Felix and, since this was her first time on the island, we wanted to try other places. Our next trip in June will definitely include dinner here.
Share with Facebook
Old Monday, March 10th, 2008, 12:55 PM

Guambogirl is on a distinguished road

Had a 10 a.m. breakfast there on Saturday, March 8. Glorious view. Mosts breakfasts that include eggs, toast, bacon, sausage etc are $5.99 but we had complete buffet (omelets cooked with desired ingredients and pancakes made at station) which was $12.99. Fruit, cereals, potatoes... all included.

Service was great -- on Eagle beach so the view could not be beat!
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, May 23rd, 2008, 07:09 AM
Administrator

one of the best things that ever happened to casa del mar is this restaurant. a group of 5 of us which included barbiesara2003 had dinner. each of us had a different meal. we all agreed that it was wonderful and worth every penny. it was italian night but only murray had one of the theme entrees which was lasagna. it was truly delish. i had beef shish kebob. a jumbo skewer of beef and veggies with large sides of mixed veggies and mashed potatoes. one of our tablemates and i just sat talking about making a meal of the best veggies in the world. the beef was excellent and cooked as requested. just an outstanding meal. we'd easily give it a 10. oh, for the main courses, 2 soft drinks, and 2 coffees plus 15% service fee and a generous tip on top, the bill came to $60. more than worth it.
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, May 23rd, 2008, 10:26 AM
Almost Aruban

pgsoder is on a distinguished road

We plan on venturing to Matthews in Dec. Can't wait to try it.
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, May 23rd, 2008, 10:49 AM

Larry Moore is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
one of the best things that ever happened to casa del mar is this restaurant. a group of 5 of us which included barbiesara2003 had dinner. each of us had a different meal. we all agreed that it was wonderful and worth every penny. it was italian night but only murray had one of the theme entrees which was lasagna. it was truly delish. i had beef shish kebob. a jumbo skewer of beef and veggies with large sides of mixed veggies and mashed potatoes. one of our tablemates and i just sat talking about making a meal of the best veggies in the world. the beef was excellent and cooked as requested. just an outstanding meal. we'd easily give it a 10. oh, for the main courses, 2 soft drinks, and 2 coffees plus 15% service fee and a generous tip on top, the bill came to $60. more than worth it.
another one to try.... Going to flying fishbone first, then cooks then Matthews.. Not all on the same day..

Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, May 31st, 2008, 08:10 AM
Administrator

murray and i seem to automatically gravitate toward matthews and rumba. both are owned by the same people. in this short 2 week period where we have had little time to dine out due to circumstances beyond our control we managed a second trip to matthews. we almost duplicated our meals. i switched to chicken from beef kebobs. we had enough leftovers for lunch and if we could find time would be back there again. we will definitely return in august.
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, July 29th, 2008, 12:35 PM

Dee273 is on a distinguished road

My daughter and I ate at Matthew's once last week and we were both VERY impressed. Great atmosphere and location and the food was delicious. I ordered the salmon and she ordered the beef kabob, both were cooked to perfection. Highly recommend this place - I agree with Sherry, best thing to happen to the CDM. Love that I can walk from the ABC, save on cab fare to dinner! Will definitely go back with DH in December!
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, July 29th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Administrator

we already have a reservation there for august 12. it is one of three places i am sure we are going to. the others are cooks and tasca la cascada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee273 View Post
My daughter and I ate at Matthew's once last week and we were both VERY impressed. Great atmosphere and location and the food was delicious. I ordered the salmon and she ordered the beef kabob, both were cooked to perfection. Highly recommend this place - I agree with Sherry, best thing to happen to the CDM. Love that I can walk from the ABC, save on cab fare to dinner! Will definitely go back with DH in December!
Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, August 13th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Administrator

the batting average is still at near perfect. matthew's is always great and he didn't let us down today. it was all you can eat rib night so murray had lasagna. i of course, had ribs. the lasagna was gone within minutes. murray is a slow eater usually so to have him eat that fast is a big compliment to the restaurant. the ribs were awesome. the fries were yummy and the slaw was the best i ever ate. we topped it off with flan and chocolate cake brownie with ice cream. as usual, the meal was top line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
we already have a reservation there for august 12. it is one of three places i am sure we are going to. the others are cooks and tasca la cascada.
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, June 29th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Aruba Expert

captmorgnsgrl is on a distinguished road

Our dinner at Matthews was very good.We both started off with a salad. Very good sized then I had the grouper filet with red pepper shrimp cream sauce. It was yummy! My freind had the pina colada shrimp, it tasted exactly as it sounds with a pinapple and coconut sauce. Entres came with grilled veggies and rice. We each had a glass of wine, our bill came to 88.00 inc Service Charge. I wasn't dissapointed, the portions were very large and they sat us at a really nice table. The best part about matthews is I can walk over from the ABC!

Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, June 29th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: matthew's

Quote:
Originally Posted by captmorgnsgrl View Post
Our dinner at Matthews was very good.We both started off with a salad. Very good sized then I had the grouper filet with red pepper shrimp cream sauce. It was yummy! My freind had the pina colada shrimp, it tasted exactly as it sounds with a pinapple and coconut sauce. Entres came with grilled veggies and rice. We each had a glass of wine, our bill came to 88.00 inc Service Charge. I wasn't dissapointed, the portions were very large and they sat us at a really nice table. The best part about matthews is I can walk over from the ABC!
Try and make the karaoke Wednesday night, Susie. It's a lot of fun!!

Thanks for "reporting" in!!
Old Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road

Elaine, I've never been a fan of karaoke but you make me want to try it. They have a karaoke night at the Divi, but I'm usually just listening to it from our balcony. Having very little experience, do you think it's very different at Matthew's than at Divi? I imagine it's about the crowd or audience, right?

I sure do wish we could be there at the same time, even for a day or so.....

Last edited by roschone; Wednesday, June 30th, 2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: forgot something
Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: matthew's

Quote:
Originally Posted by roschone View Post
Elaine, I've never been a fan of karaoke but you make me want to try it. They have a karaoke night at the Divi, but I'm usually just listening to it from our balcony. Having very little experience, do you think it's very different at Matthew's than at Divi? I imagine it's about the crowd or audience, right?

I sure do wish we could be there at the same time, even for a day or so.....

Ro... it's most definitely about the crowd!! The same big group of us go every Wednesday, and it's a hoot! Doesn't make any difference how many drinks I have though, I would never have the intestinal fortitude to get up and "perform." It's a cheap night, and a fun night, and it's Aruba!!!!

I, too, wish we'd overlap...
Old Thursday, July 1st, 2010, 06:38 PM
Aruba Expert

captmorgnsgrl is on a distinguished road

Great Elaine...now you tell me! LOL That was last night..I'm leaving on Saturday. But I did hear the music last night! Sounded like fun. Hopefully next time around!

Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, July 1st, 2010, 10:03 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
Ro... it's most definitely about the crowd!! The same big group of us go every Wednesday, and it's a hoot! Doesn't make any difference how many drinks I have though, I would never have the intestinal fortitude to get up and "perform." It's a cheap night, and a fun night, and it's Aruba!!!!

I, too, wish we'd overlap...
I don't think I could "perform" either - maybe if I got a wild hair and had a night of tequila shots. A LOT of tequila shots. Been a while, but maybe then....no, no, no, what am I thinking? Even then I don't think I could. No way. Getting up in front of a crowd and potentially singing off key? Hell, I need a bunch of shots just to dance. I used to be able to carry a tune. But I'm pretty sure that's what everyone thinks when they get up there. And we can all hear how that works out. LOL Although it probably wouldn't be the most embarassing thing I've ever done Not by a long shot.
Share with Facebook