Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Divi Phoenix Resort

Divi Phoenix Resort This Forum is for Divi Phoenix Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Wednesday, January 28th, 2009, 12:38 PM

wenarad is on a distinguished road
Default Construction at the Divi Phoenix

Hi, Wanted to know if anyone has been at the Divi Phoenix in January. We purchased a timeshare in March of 2008 in the new construction. Want to know if it is near being finished. We are booked to go in April 2009. A little concerned that there are no updates being sent by Divi or RCI. If anyone has any pictures they could send me. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Wendy
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, January 29th, 2009, 08:15 PM

maddog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Construction at the Divi Phoenix

hey we just got back from aruba jan17 2009 I have attached photos of the construction and my review should give you an up to date info on construction. I will tell you that the divi is telling everyone that it is ready and when we showed up on the 3 of Jan it was no where near ready or safe.......
Old Wednesday, February 4th, 2009, 12:49 PM

Arubaweek6 is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: Construction at the Divi Phoenix

I just got an email from Divi saying that because of heavy rains, work at the Phoenix has come to a halt.
We are being moved to the Links with an offer of a $500 credit for food and beverages.
Now I'm really getting ticked...I could have bought at the Links two years ago if that's where I wanted to stay, but I wanted the beach. Now this is two years at the links with no beach.
Hard to keep a positive attitude about our vacation when Divi doesn't hold up their end of the bargain.
Old Wednesday, February 4th, 2009, 03:15 PM

maddog is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: Construction at the Divi Phoenix

Hey there, If it makes you feel better The beach in front of the Pheonix seems to have arroded a lot due to the rains in the fall. They told me that they were going to bring in sand but who knows when that will happen There is also a lot of seaweed growing, so even though you can't stay where you hoped to this year maybe its for the best and that by the next time you visit the new villas and the beach front will be fabulous good luck
Old Wednesday, February 4th, 2009, 08:32 PM

Arubaweek6 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Maddog-I'll have to look at the positive-even though that seems hard to do at times-and see what I can "make the best of" on this trip.
Old Thursday, February 5th, 2009, 10:51 AM

PirateKing is on a distinguished road

We were there for week 3 and (in our view, fortunately) the new buildings are not finished. The first and third (counting from the Tower) were partially occupied, however, and they were working on the rest. The pool was not open, though it was filled. There are new palapas along the beach on that side (heading toward the public beach), though whether there will be enough to avoid Playa Linda type competition for too few palapas remains to be seen.

As to my use of the word "fortunately", I say this because we fear that the new, outsized addition will detract from what the Phoenix has had for all these years: a sense of calm and semi-detachment from the frenzy of the rest of Palm Beach (especially since the Riu Palace was built). I fear it is now becoming more like Cancun, especially since the fourth building over is so close to the beach that it blocks the sun in the morning. Did they really need to do this? (rhetorical question: no replies needed.
Old Saturday, February 7th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Aruba Expert

PhoenixGirl is on a distinguished road

I was also there Jan. 10-24th. I also fear a crowding situation coming in the new area as they sell more and more units. There's not a whole lot of room around the new pool to accommodate all the new families. Absolutely no room on the beach. I think the new people will head over to the "old" beach which has always been so lovely and quiet and it will turn into a fight for the palapas like so many other crowded resorts.

Perhaps there are plans to alleviate this beach crowding, but nothing is happening yet. Now they are just trying to get the new units and the restaurant ready.
Old Monday, February 9th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Aruba Expert

PhoenixGirl is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Construction at the Divi Phoenix

I emailed Tie Boone-Luke at Customer Relations at Diviresorts, and asked about what Divi's intentions were concerning the beach in front of the New section of villas. Imagine my surprise when I was told that the beach in the New section had already been extended! I think by that she means that they put sand in front of the restaurant across the cement sidewalk from the beach. There really is only room for one row of palapas on the beach, and then they put some palapas and sand by the restaurant on the other side of the cement sidewalk.

The water is the new section is full of rocks and seaweed. It is filthy and no one in their right mind would go in it. For sure that means that the owners of the new section will be on the beach in the old section and there will be overcrowding. No one in either section will be happy.

They really have to do something about the rocks and seaweed in front of the new restaurant or the new owners will have an uprising. They should have a swimmable beach too.
Old Wednesday, February 11th, 2009, 02:19 PM

PirateKing is on a distinguished road

One thing they could do is get rid of that jetty. I think that's what helps cause some of the erosion, as well as the pileup of stuff (seaweed, shells, and the litter of the careless) right along that section where the forlorn new palapas have been stuck in. But then it would pile up along the next jetty, down by the Sunset Beach Bistro, and ruin the "old" beach!