Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba In Words > Aruba Tales

Aruba Tales Tales of Aruba by Arubans only.

Old Friday, February 1st, 2008, 10:50 AM
Almost Aruban

charlierat is on a distinguished road
Default Daybreak On Aruba

The following passage comes from a tourist brochure published in the early 1960's. The exact date of publication does not appear anywhere in the brochure but certain other reference points pretty much place it between 1960 and 1965. Anyway, I liked it so I am reprinting it here. Since I don't know how to hook up my scanner, I am just going to type the passage in, so please forgive the inevitable typos. FYI (for the lawyerly types out there), the following excerpt is not copyrighted.

Quote:
A bright, new Caribbean sun eased its way up and over the horizon while shoving aside some of the grey dreariness left over from night. As it rose, warm and fresh, its first burst of brilliance shown on the active, wave-tossed east shore of the tiny island. The suin's rays seemed to pause momentarily to catch some of the spray flung free from the sea hitting the cliffs, paint them red, blue and yellow, and toss them off again in rainbow shapes.

Gradually, the new sun pushed the line of demarkation that separates dawn and darkness straight across the island. The morning line swept past cunucu and playa and finally rolled down gentle soft sands into the tranquil Caribbean that borders the west side of the isand.

Its task of awakening the day completed, the sun cast brightly down on its handiwork. There below lay a tiny island, secure and comfortable in the sun's rays that drench it this day and every day. If there is one element of nature this island doesn't lack, it's sunshine. Along with sunshine to warm comes the freshness of the trade winds to cool. The pleasant twosome mix an exacting potion that proffers incomparable climate to the island's many visitors and residents.
Old Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Aruba Expert

LocaLisa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Daybreak On Aruba

That's very beautiful, thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, February 12th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Aruba Expert

charlescroes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Daybreak On Aruba

many times have we seen that happen? Not enough I am afraid.

Thanks Charlie

be well
charles
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook