Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > News > Tasty Tidbits

Tasty Tidbits Recipes from Aruba.

Old Thursday, June 3rd, 2010, 02:38 PM

jawz is on a distinguished road
Default The Kitchen

Please, please eat at "The Kitchen" it is in Certified Mall in the back where Jamaican me crazy was, and it is FABULOUS!! They only do take out. They have a wood fiered grill, the owner used to be the head chef at YEMANJA and he has brought all his expertise to this endeavor. I had a an impromptu dinner party and bought the steak cimmichurri, orange chicken and grouper, everyone raved. We have been back at least 5 times and the food is always consistently great. Try it, it will become a family favorite!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, June 3rd, 2010, 02:59 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Kitchen

thanks jawz! now remind me again in august, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawz View Post
Please, please eat at "The Kitchen" it is in Certified Mall in the back where Jamaican me crazy was, and it is FABULOUS!! They only do take out. They have a wood fiered grill, the owner used to be the head chef at YEMANJA and he has brought all his expertise to this endeavor. I had a an impromptu dinner party and bought the steak cimmichurri, orange chicken and grouper, everyone raved. We have been back at least 5 times and the food is always consistently great. Try it, it will become a family favorite!
Old Thursday, June 3rd, 2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
thanks jawz! now remind me again in august, lol.
10/4
The prices are very Reasonable. Beats cooking and everything is FRESH. Cooked in front of you while you wait. Also a huge selection of Wines and deserts. Yummy!!!!!
Bati Bleki did an article on it. The website is under construction and will be www.thekitchenaruba.com
Oh yea, the soups !!!

Last edited by jawz; Thursday, June 3rd, 2010 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Add a little info.
Old Thursday, June 3rd, 2010, 03:35 PM

I should also let people know, that they have wraps, burgers and other lighter fare. Not everything is a gourmet meal , none the less, everything we've had has been good. Really good ! They try have something for everyone. They will also make what you want, vegeterian ? Sushi , they make it.
Old Thursday, June 3rd, 2010, 03:42 PM
Almost Aruban

Liz from N.J. is on a distinguished road

I stopped in The Kitchen 1 1/2 months ago when I was in Aruba. When I went in and saw the owner I said "I know you" and he said "I know you". Since I have dined at Yemanja many times, that is where we knew each other. The Kitchen is a great place. He will do very well there. I'm pretty sure that he said eventually he will deliver. Hours are 11 am-7 pm.
Old Thursday, June 3rd, 2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz from N.J. View Post
I stopped in The Kitchen 1 1/2 months ago when I was in Aruba. When I went in and saw the owner I said "I know you" and he said "I know you". Since I have dined at Yemanja many times, that is where we knew each other. The Kitchen is a great place. He will do very well there. I'm pretty sure that he said eventually he will deliver. Hours are 11 am-7 pm.
Hi Liz,
He has been busy as word of mouth and an Ad in the Diario has taken off.
So far he is staying consistant. Your right about delivery, it will be soon. There is also a company here called Speedy Services or Fast and Speedy ? Who deliver for companies here. They do the delivery for Urataka Pizza. I'll find out the correct name and let people know. They will deliver for a charge of course.
Old Friday, June 4th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road

Thanks Jawz and Liz. This sounds like my kind of place. Good food, good prices. What more can you ask for? Sure wish I didn't have so long to wait though.....
Old Friday, June 4th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Aruba Expert

captmorgnsgrl is on a distinguished road

I'm giving this place a try! I am making my list for new places to try, and will add The Kitchen.

Old Friday, June 4th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Almost Aruban

Liz from N.J. is on a distinguished road

Be aware to know that you can't eat at The Kitchen. It is only take-out.
Old Saturday, June 5th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz from N.J. View Post
Be aware to know that you can't eat at The Kitchen. It is only take-out.
Got it...thanks Liz! it's a take away...Just what I needed for my first night there and it's close to the ABC!

Old Tuesday, June 29th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Aruba Expert

OMG...we tried the KITCHEN last night! This place is great! Our group had the skirt steak, surf and turf, scampi, chicken with orange sauce, teriyaki vegtables with shrimp (the shrimp is not on the menu, but they will accomdate you) and california rolls. Everything was delicous. We called ahead and it was ready in 20 minutes. We grabbed a bottle of wine and we were set. What a great idea! The owner's was great and said that his is just starting out. He only takes cash as of right now and is not set up for credit cards. But I am sure glad he is in this location. He will do well there. All I can say is all the meals were made to order. My tenderloin could not have been more tender. Everyone needs to give the Kitchen a try.

Old Tuesday, June 29th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

here is a link to their menu:

www.thekitchenaruba.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by captmorgnsgrl View Post
OMG...we tried the KITCHEN last night! This place is great! Our group had the skirt steak, surf and turf, scampi, chicken with orange sauce, teriyaki vegtables with shrimp (the shrimp is not on the menu, but they will accomdate you) and california rolls. Everything was delicous. We called ahead and it was ready in 20 minutes. We grabbed a bottle of wine and we were set. What a great idea! The owner's was great and said that his is just starting out. He only takes cash as of right now and is not set up for credit cards. But I am sure glad he is in this location. He will do well there. All I can say is all the meals were made to order. My tenderloin could not have been more tender. Everyone needs to give the Kitchen a try.