Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Paradise Beach Villas

Paradise Beach Villas This Forum is for Paradise Beach Villas Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Tuesday, April 27th, 2010, 07:50 AM

jahmon123 is on a distinguished road
Default Paradise Beach Villas members association.

We own 3 weeks at the PBV.
I was talking with allot of Owners who are considering forming an Owners Association to speak on behalf of Owners in general and raise issues as a group.
Just wondering if there is any interest on this matter from PBV Owners?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, April 27th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Paradise Beach Villas members association.

check with our member aquarius. i think there may be one. she is the most knowledgeable person i know on pbv along with being a great lady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahmon123 View Post
I was talking with allot of Owners who are considering forming an Owners Association to speak on behalf of Owners in general and raise issues as a group.
Thanks.
Old Tuesday, April 27th, 2010, 08:30 AM

Thanks Sherry, I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
check with our member aquarius. i think there may be one. she is the most knowledgeable person i know on pbv along with being a great lady.
Old Tuesday, April 27th, 2010, 10:31 AM

aquarius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks.
Please check your private messages area for a detailed message on this matter.

Marie (Aquarius)

Relaxation on One Happy Island!
Old Tuesday, April 27th, 2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post

Hi Sherry,

I replied to his question with detailed info in his private messages. And THANKS for the nice compliment! You're pretty neat too! How is the kitten doing these days and the mommy and daddy to her?

Marie

Old Tuesday, April 27th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

i knew if there was anyone that had info it would be you. can't wait to see you in august. we have to find a way to get together in between. once every year or two is too long a time between visits.

marie, that kitten is so cute that she brings total joy into this house. she and pixie (the other aruban cat) are so close that they only stop playing when asleep. dish is still a problem and we are trying to decide what the heck to do with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius View Post
Hi Sherry,

I replied to his question with detailed info in his private messages. And THANKS for the nice compliment! You're pretty neat too! How is the kitten doing these days and the mommy and daddy to her?

Marie
Old Thursday, November 17th, 2011, 08:02 PM

Intolerantbobj is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Paradise Beach Villas members association.

Quote:
Thanks.

Hi,

I don't often get to this site and I just stumbled onto your post. Should you happen to get a PBV Owners Group going, would you let me know.

Noting the numerous Maintenance Fee increases over the years, it's fairly obvious that the BoD does not represent the Owners of the Resort ..... that's funny .... " Owners of the Resort ".

Take Care, Bob J
Old Saturday, November 19th, 2011, 10:14 AM

Hi Bob, I got fed up with the Management at PBV and sold all of my Timeshares, so I no longer own any Timeshares there.

Dennis.
Old Thursday, November 24th, 2011, 12:39 PM

Intolerantbobj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi Bob, I got fed up with the Management at PBV and sold all of my Timeshares, so I no longer own any Timeshares there.

Dennis.

Hello Dennis,

I'm sorry to hear you have sold, but I can't say I blame you at all, considering the PBV Board of Directors attitude toward us owners.

I bought there when it was just a field, no building ... watched it all happen ... bailed it out and now we have people at the helm who appear to be making a wholehearted effort to drive us into bankruptcy again. At minimum, I figure they are trying to force all Shareholders to sell or simply quit paying the Maintenance Fee and allow foreclosure for Non-Payment.

I hope you still get to enjoy Aruba. Should you ever need time there, I own 9, 10, 11 + 12 in the same room, Phase I ... well, I have it at least until they decide to jam another financial butt-check to us Owners.

Take Care,

Bob J
Old Friday, March 23rd, 2012, 05:14 PM

evapitt is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Paradise Beach Villas members association.

Hello,

I'm very new to this forum, but NOT new to PBV, since 1990 to be exact so we've experienced it ALL. Can anyone provide me with a contact regarding member dues/assessments and interest charges on late payments? I'm not late, but know of a member who is being charged at a rate of 120%/annum. Is Lee DiGiovanni still involved? Help! Please contact me at my home e-mail meyerscake@aol.com with additional details. I'm not familiar enough with this forum, but am eager to hear from others out there. Thanks!

One happy chick in Michigan!
Old Thursday, April 4th, 2013, 12:57 PM

Netbudda is on a distinguished road

Well this thread seems to be dead but I'm going to share my experience. My family group owns 5 weeks, we have been owners since it was a green field. We helped save the resort and have always stayed loyal to them, patronizing the place even when we are not staying there ( Bar, Restaurant, etc ). I just came back from Aruba ( Spring Break ) and I was not able to switch my week so I had to stay at the Tropicana Resort ( Right Behind ). On Saturday 23rd at the end of the day, we walked inside to see how our "assesment money" was being put to use and then grab a bite to eat at the pool restaurant. I sat on a Pool chair while my wife walked around and my son jumped in the pool ( There was nobody in the pool and only another couple occupying one of the pool tables ). Since I didn't have resort towels the couple sitting by the pool started complaining and called security. When security arrived I identified myself as an owner since 1989 but "the couple" kept on telling the security guard to kick me out. I produced my driver license and went straight to the front desk, I identified myself as an original MEMBER and to my SHOCK I was pretty much told by the front desk lady we were not allowed to be at the resort unless we were staying there and pretty much I was asked to leave. Since it was late Saturday and no Management was present I had to do the walk of shame and leave the resort. I came back on Monday and spoke to the Managing Director and the Front Desk Manager, they apologized and expressed regret as to how poorly it was handled by the front desk employee since I should have been more than welcomed to be at the facility. Fast Forward to Sunday more than a week later I found long time friends of ours staying at the resort, we found each other at the beach and they invited us to come say hello to their family and to have a drink. As soon as we stepped inside the resort the security guard came to kick us out....his explanation was that even if we are friends with people staying at the resort we could not stay there. Needless to say this place is not what it used to be. You are not an owner, you are not really a member, you don't feel welcomed. This needs to change immediately, they need to treat people with more respect and consideration. Without members carrying them there is no resort !!!! i would not recommend anyone to buy there at this time.

On the other hand I visited the Costa Linda the whole week and felt welcomed all the time, I was staying at the beach with owners and was treated by the hotel staff like a king even when I was walking around with my outsider towel.
Old Thursday, April 4th, 2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netbudda View Post
Well this thread seems to be dead but I'm going to share my experience. My family group owns 5 weeks, we have been owners since it was a green field. We helped save the resort and have always stayed loyal to them, patronizing the place even when we are not staying there ( Bar, Restaurant, etc ). I just came back from Aruba ( Spring Break ) and I was not able to switch my week so I had to stay at the Tropicana Resort ( Right Behind ). On Saturday 23rd at the end of the day, we walked inside to see how our "assesment money" was being put to use and then grab a bite to eat at the pool restaurant. I sat on a Pool chair while my wife walked around and my son jumped in the pool ( There was nobody in the pool and only another couple occupying one of the pool tables ). Since I didn't have resort towels the couple sitting by the pool started complaining and called security. When security arrived I identified myself as an owner since 1989 but "the couple" kept on telling the security guard to kick me out. I produced my driver license and went straight to the front desk, I identified myself as an original MEMBER and to my SHOCK I was pretty much told by the front desk lady we were not allowed to be at the resort unless we were staying there and pretty much I was asked to leave. Since it was late Saturday and no Management was present I had to do the walk of shame and leave the resort. I came back on Monday and spoke to the Managing Director and the Front Desk Manager, they apologized and expressed regret as to how poorly it was handled by the front desk employee since I should have been more than welcomed to be at the facility. Fast Forward to Sunday more than a week later I found long time friends of ours staying at the resort, we found each other at the beach and they invited us to come say hello to their family and to have a drink. As soon as we stepped inside the resort the security guard came to kick us out....his explanation was that even if we are friends with people staying at the resort we could not stay there. Needless to say this place is not what it used to be. You are not an owner, you are not really a member, you don't feel welcomed. This needs to change immediately, they need to treat people with more respect and consideration. Without members carrying them there is no resort !!!! i would not recommend anyone to buy there at this time.

On the other hand I visited the Costa Linda the whole week and felt welcomed all the time, I was staying at the beach with owners and was treated by the hotel staff like a king even when I was walking around with my outsider towel.

Well, this is very distressing to hear. I, also, am one of the original owners and I would assume you could drop in at the resort without a problem. Since management didn't agree with the way you were treated the first time, it seems that it be prudent to identify the security guard and have management have a talk with him. Or, maybe, they are told to keep people off the premises because I know they had a problem with cruise ship passengers coming onto the resort from the beach and actually using the showers, which I think is ridiculous since we are paying for the utilities. I attended one of the weekly meetings and we discussed this and management said they can't stop them from using the public restrooms, but then they also used the showers while they were in the restrooms.

I think your friends at PBV should definitely bring this up with management since they invited you onto the premises, but also that you are an owner of the resort most importantly. It never hurts to write a letter on your own too. Thanks for sharing.

Marie

Old Thursday, April 4th, 2013, 05:54 PM

evapitt is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Paradise Beach Villas members association.

Marie - Can you let me know if there is a members group for PBV owners? Also, I'd like to know who on the board represents PBV owners - who is our Voice?. Netbudda had a less than acceptable experience and I most recently received a "nasty gram" from PVB employee following an inquiry for additional units for our next trip. I would love to speak to someone up close and personal, or forward a copy of the nasty gram to said "Management". Who would you speak to?

Regards!
Old Thursday, April 4th, 2013, 08:58 PM

Netbudda is on a distinguished road

When I went back to the resort on Monday I spoke to Freddy Albertus ( Managing director ) and then to Patricia Gomez ( Front Office Manager ) both of them very respectful and were very sorry for my experience. I plan to send them a follow up letter about the incident on Sunday. I will be more than happy to provide their email's to you if you send me a private message.

One additional comment I want to make is that some of our resort members are just bitter and miserable human beings. Imagine for a second how terrible your life must be when you are in ARUBA and the best thing you have to do is POLICE who sits on an empty chair or who is using the swiming pool at 6:30 pm. These particular members didn't even back off when I identified myself as an owner.

Finally I saw something at Costa Linda that should be implemented at PBV....a MEMBERS ID CARD !!!
Old Monday, April 8th, 2013, 10:24 AM

Red face Re: Paradise Beach Villas members association.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netbudda View Post
When I went back to the resort on Monday I spoke to Freddy Albertus ( Managing director ) and then to Patricia Gomez ( Front Office Manager ) both of them very respectful and were very sorry for my experience. I plan to send them a follow up letter about the incident on Sunday. I will be more than happy to provide their email's to you if you send me a private message.

One additional comment I want to make is that some of our resort members are just bitter and miserable human beings. Imagine for a second how terrible your life must be when you are in ARUBA and the best thing you have to do is POLICE who sits on an empty chair or who is using the swiming pool at 6:30 pm. These particular members didn't even back off when I identified myself as an owner.

Finally I saw something at Costa Linda that should be implemented at PBV....a MEMBERS ID CARD !!!

Netbudda,

It would be wise to send up a follow-up letter to them. I agree, it sounds like those "miserable" human beings were the cause of all the trouble and how unhappy can you be when you're on vacation? And, after identifying yourself as a member also it's totally unacceptable for their behavior. I think PBV should have ID cards and I'll bring that up at the membership's meeting and better yet, suggest it to management online. I immediately thought of that when you were having some of the trouble, of how to identify your membership with PBV. What we are paying in fees it's something they should address.

Marie

Old Monday, April 8th, 2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evapitt View Post
Marie - Can you let me know if there is a members group for PBV owners? Also, I'd like to know who on the board represents PBV owners - who is our Voice?. Netbudda had a less than acceptable experience and I most recently received a "nasty gram" from PVB employee following an inquiry for additional units for our next trip. I would love to speak to someone up close and personal, or forward a copy of the nasty gram to said "Management". Who would you speak to?

Regards!

No, there is no members group for PBV owners. We receive mailings towards the summer for the PBV shareholders meeting and the names of the board members are on there I believe. But, you can email the resort at any time and ask who are board members are and receive one of their email addresses. I believe one Board member is Claire Boswell (not sure of the last name spelling). As far as the nasty gram you receive we shouldn't have to put up with that. I would contact by email either Freddy Albertus or Andy with that issue, but you have to make sure you know what you communicated with. It's important they know about the communications with members. Always in the past all the employees have been very nice and helpful. I found I had an issue with a person in reservations named Sandra. She didn't respond to my emails for days and then was sort of abrupt. That I didn't appreciate either.

Marie