Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old Monday, April 20th, 2009, 04:32 PM
shinkle shinkle is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: December 1st, 2008
Location: northeast indiana
Posts: 5
shinkle is on a distinguished road
Default Island question/ballroom dancing + metal detecting

Hi, im coming to Aruba 5/10/09 to use my timeshare for the first time. I play with a metal detector and wonder if anyone has any tips or using one in Aruba. I have read that Renaisance has its own island and wonder if if I can go to the island and use my detector. Also, im interested in ballroom dance and wonder if there are dance places besides the hip hop genre...not that im opposed to hip hop just that i prefer the opposite
s-e-x-in my arms.....whoo who its almost here...slh
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #2  
Old Monday, April 20th, 2009, 05:00 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 47
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Island question/ballroom dancing + metal detecting

hi shinkle and thanks! i don't know about ren island but i see people with them all the time at palm and eagle beach. i would love to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinkle View Post
Hi, im coming to Aruba 5/10/09 to use my timeshare for the first time. I play with a metal detector and wonder if anyone has any tips or using one in Aruba. I have read that Renaisance has its own island and wonder if if I can go to the island and use my detector. Also, im interested in ballroom dance and wonder if there are dance places besides the hip hop genre...not that im opposed to hip hop just that i prefer the opposite
s-e-x-in my arms.....whoo who its almost here...slh
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #3  
Old Monday, April 20th, 2009, 06:37 PM
charlierat's Avatar
charlierat charlierat is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: July 30th, 2005
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Age: 61
Posts: 2,516
charlierat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Island question/ballroom dancing + metal detecting

Hi, shinkle. Have you ever taken a metal detector through airport security? I'm just wondering about the logistics of packing one. Do they come apart?

As for using one on Ren. Island, I have never seen one, either, and I'm not sure that those beaches would be the best hunting grounds. They are both quite small. I just don't think they get the kind of traffic necessary to result in a lot of lost booty. (Elaine, that reference to booty means lost treasures - not whatever you were thinking!!)

I guarantee there are lots of places with music other than hip-hop but I cannot help you with ballroom dancing venues. Maybe someone else can help, here.
__________________
Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #4  
Old Monday, April 20th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Island question/ballroom dancing + metal detecting

I see people with them, too, sherry... and would love to do it.

CHARLIE ~ moi??? booty??? I would think something other then what it meant in your sentence??? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
hi shinkle and thanks! i don't know about ren island but i see people with them all the time at palm and eagle beach. i would love to do that.
__________________
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #5  
Old Tuesday, April 21st, 2009, 11:36 AM
shinkle shinkle is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: December 1st, 2008
Location: northeast indiana
Posts: 5
shinkle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Island question/ballroom dancing + metal detecting

Hi, I have taken my detector through airports probably for the last 20 years. The inspection is a little longer but I havent had any problems. I have taken it through as a carry on and packed it in a bag so it works either way. I look for the rings and things cause the environment facilitates loss. Having said that if I find one that I can find the owner I do so. I find enough that i cnat find ownership to that it isnt an issue. The coins i wiil save up til i get ready to leave and put in the slot machines. I also from time to time have found poker chips to use in casinoes. I have traveled to Thailand, Spain, England, with my detector and havent had any problems. If someone has lost something they want me to look for let me know. shinkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlierat View Post
Hi, shinkle. Have you ever taken a metal detector through airport security? I'm just wondering about the logistics of packing one. Do they come apart?

As for using one on Ren. Island, I have never seen one, either, and I'm not sure that those beaches would be the best hunting grounds. They are both quite small. I just don't think they get the kind of traffic necessary to result in a lot of lost booty. (Elaine, that reference to booty means lost treasures - not whatever you were thinking!!)

I guarantee there are lots of places with music other than hip-hop but I cannot help you with ballroom dancing venues. Maybe someone else can help, here.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #6  
Old Tuesday, April 21st, 2009, 12:36 PM
shinkle shinkle is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: December 1st, 2008
Location: northeast indiana
Posts: 5
shinkle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Island question/ballroom dancing + metal detecting

Hi, I will be there may 10 -17 and will be on palm and eagle beach/in water etc. If you are there at that time dont be bashful. I would be happy to show u my equipment! slh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
I see people with them, too, sherry... and would love to do it.

CHARLIE ~ moi??? booty??? I would think something other then what it meant in your sentence??? lol
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #7  
Old Tuesday, April 21st, 2009, 12:48 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Island question/ballroom dancing + metal detecting

My goodness, shinkle ~ no one's ever said that to me!!

Unfortunately, I spend the month of February in paradise so I won't get to take you up on your offer, but should you happen to find an unclaimed bit of bling, feel free to PM me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinkle View Post
Hi, I will be there may 10 -17 and will be on palm and eagle beach/in water etc. If you are there at that time dont be bashful. I would be happy to show u my equipment! slh
__________________
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #8  
Old Wednesday, April 22nd, 2009, 11:51 AM
shinkle shinkle is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: December 1st, 2008
Location: northeast indiana
Posts: 5
shinkle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Island question/ballroom dancing + metal detecting

Regarding the dancing I woiuld be happy with knowing where the latin or swing is played. I use ballroom as a category cuz that usuallly denotes couples dancing as opposed to free stylle shake your booty dancing....but swing, merengue, cha cha, rumba, mambo or salsa would all work.......slh


Quote:
Originally Posted by charlierat View Post
Hi, shinkle. Have you ever taken a metal detector through airport security? I'm just wondering about the logistics of packing one. Do they come apart?

As for using one on Ren. Island, I have never seen one, either, and I'm not sure that those beaches would be the best hunting grounds. They are both quite small. I just don't think they get the kind of traffic necessary to result in a lot of lost booty. (Elaine, that reference to booty means lost treasures - not whatever you were thinking!!)

I guarantee there are lots of places with music other than hip-hop but I cannot help you with ballroom dancing venues. Maybe someone else can help, here.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #9  
Old Wednesday, April 22nd, 2009, 11:15 PM
lynnen's Avatar
lynnen lynnen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 5th, 2005
Location: Vermont
Posts: 70
lynnen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Island question/ballroom dancing + metal detecting

Fri & Sat nights they have Latin Dance at the Tropical at the Ren Marketplace (just across from the Seaport Casino entrance). Great place, wonderful owners, you can sit outside or in...check it out at:
Grand Cafe Tropical Aruba - The Best Coffee in Town and Great Cuban Cigars, Best Live Salsa and Karaoke
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #10  
Old Sunday, April 26th, 2009, 03:43 PM
shinkle shinkle is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: December 1st, 2008
Location: northeast indiana
Posts: 5
shinkle is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Island question/ballroom dancing + metal detecting

Great I will definetly check it out........ thanks for the info. slh


QUOTE=lynnen;88719]Fri & Sat nights they have Latin Dance at the Tropical at the Ren Marketplace (just across from the Seaport Casino entrance). Great place, wonderful owners, you can sit outside or in...check it out at:
Grand Cafe Tropical Aruba - The Best Coffee in Town and Great Cuban Cigars, Best Live Salsa and Karaoke[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #11  
Old Sunday, April 26th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Cathy&Jim's Avatar
Cathy&Jim Cathy&Jim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: March 26th, 2005
Posts: 367
Cathy&Jim is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Island question/ballroom dancing + metal detecting

There was a man that for years metal detected on the beach and waters near the Holiday Inn. He had a coffee can full of lost rings. Fate one day introduced us and sure enough, he had found my husband's wedding ring that he had lost years ago in the ocean. To this day, he will not wear it and instead wears the replacement ring. I know I've told this before but I still get shivers thinking about it! I have not seen him since but he will never be forgotten!

Good luck and I am sure you will find some treasures!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply

Tags
ballroom dance , metal detecting

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2006 -2011 - CaribMedia.com