Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba Restaurant Reviews

Aruba Restaurant Reviews For new aruba restaurants reviews or to post a new review click here. To view archived reviews click here.

View Poll Results: amadeus
poor 0 0%
average 0 0%
good 0 0%
very good 0 0%
excellent 7 100.00%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old Tuesday, November 24th, 2009, 05:32 PM

arubaariba is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up **Amadeus...A new restaurant - and our new favorite!!

This was our 19th trip to Aruba.Our friends on the island told us about this new restaurant Amadeus which only opened 3 months ago. The food & service are phenomenal….and the prices are very, very good!!

We went there 2 times during our vacation, and were simply impressed both times! The owners Frankie and Thomas (the chef) make you feel comfortable in both conversation and atmosphere. From the presentation to the flavors – everything was perfect.

The first night we had the Coconut Breaded Shrimp and the Creamy Potato-Leek-Bacon soup for appetizers. Both were wonderful. The shrimps were large, tender, and the coating was fabulous. The soup was a thick, flavorful puree soup that is beyond words…just the best. For the entrees we had the Wiener Schnitzel (which is the main reason that I wanted to go there) and the Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia. The Schnitzel was big, tender and flavorful. Came with vegetables and potatoes. The Tilapia had 3 large fillets with a very nice crispy topping Saved some room for desert and coffee – and had the Deep Dish apple pie (warm) with ice cream. Finished the meal off perfectly

Our last night – we decided to go back again….which was a great ending to our trip. Had the Escargots (not your normal butter/garlic) – which were AWESOME! They had the flavor of normal escargots x10. I have never had them prepared like this before (in a garlic herb cream sauce) – but they are the best that I have ever had. We also had the Austrian Goulash SoupWest Indies Ribs which had amazing flavors and ingredients.. For the entrees – Deb had the Potato Leek Bacon Soup (again) and I had the – which is a full rack of Baby-Backs with a really nice barbeque sauce. I don’t know where the “West indies” name is derived….but these were meaty, flavorful, juicy and tender…fall off the bone ribs! Hands down – these are the best ribs that I have had on the island. For desert had coffees and the (sp) Profiteroles de mi Casa– which were delicate pastries (somewhat like a cream puff) with chocolate for dipping, and vanilla and chocolate puddings. Very good, not heavy…just right!

They have this home-made bread that they bring out too. Was like a pan bread with herbs (rosemary. thyme, etc) baked in…WOW! It is delicious.

With 2 or 3 wines, and 2 or 3 Bacardi/Cokes at each meal, the total bills were between $60-$75 total (before tip). Mark the (server) did an outstanding job in explaining and timing everything, and Frankie is such a hospitable person….this place has it all!

It is only about 2 miles from the “Texaco roundabout” (by La Cabana), inland in Tanki Leendert. Very easy to get to (straight shot). Drive 1 mile to next roundabout, then 1 more mile on the right just past the other Texaco). Right next door to HOT Take Away. They do not have a website yet - but the ph is 587-3644. Closed mondays. Tanki Leendert 249.

For those who like to try new places…this is a must try! I can't say enough about this place - it is a winner in my book!
Old Tuesday, November 24th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Aruba Expert

ArubaMary is on a distinguished road
Default Re: **Amadeus...A new restaurant - and our new favorite!!

Hi Aruba Ariba,
Welcome back to reality. Thanks so much for the great tip -- I love trying new restaurants. Your descriptions are so vivid-----wants me to try Amadeus my first night in Aruba. Thanks also for the menu.
Surprised to hear that it is near Hot Take Away. I'm accustomed to going to Hot Take Away which is (was) around the corner from Ling's on the road to Quality Apt's. Have they (Hot Take Away) moved or have they opened a second location???
Mary
Old Wednesday, November 25th, 2009, 09:15 AM

According to SanNic44 Hot Take-Away « The Bent Page
they had moved to this new location, from the one by Ling's.

I love trying new restaurants too!! I always look for that "hidden gem" that is away from all the tourist places. Hope you will have a chance to try it. It is a beautiful place inside....Franki himself did the renovations. I did not take my camera, but he sent me a few pics of the decor. I will have my friends take some "food" photos, to make your mouth water

Old Wednesday, November 25th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

i have added a poll to this so it can be rated. the place looks beautiful!
Old Thursday, November 26th, 2009, 09:10 AM

Just thought that I would get your mouths watering....before you start cooking your Turkey. Here are a few of the things we had at Amadeus:

Escargots:

Coconut Breaded Shrimp:

Profiteroles:

Who's Hungry?????
Old Friday, November 27th, 2009, 08:19 AM

bhoffdhoff is on a distinguished road

Where is Amadeus?
Old Friday, November 27th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Administrator

bobbie this is a quote from arubaariba:

It is only about 2 miles from the “Texaco roundabout” (by La Cabana), inland in Tanki Leendert. Very easy to get to (straight shot). Drive 1 mile to next roundabout, then 1 more mile on the right just past the other Texaco). Right next door to HOT Take Away. They do not have a website yet - but the ph is 587-3644. Closed mondays. Tanki Leendert 249.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoffdhoff View Post
Where is Amadeus?
Old Friday, November 27th, 2009, 12:00 PM

Here is an easy map to follow:

Old Friday, November 27th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Aruba Expert

ArubaMary is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the map. Now I can 'see' it clearly. Really looking forward to going there in February. Elaine and I will report on our meal.
Old Thursday, December 3rd, 2009, 07:34 AM
Aruba Expert

th7799 is on a distinguished road

Holy Cow!!

This is an amazing restaurant. We've only been in Aruba for one week and we've already eaten at Amadeus twice! What a wonderful experience all the way around! Great food, incredible service, and outstanding value.

Taking the advice of Arubaariba we asked a sales associate at the Surf Club about Amadeus and it turns out his dad is friends with Thomas the owner/chef. He was kind enough to make the reservations for us.

I had the potato/leek/bacon soup as an appetizer and it was truly the best soup I'd ever eaten. That was followed by the wienerschnitzel with mushroom sauce. I ordered the deep dish apple pie, but soon found out it had raisins in it and I'm not a fan of those little freaks of nature, so it wasn't my favorite pie! (on the second trip, I had ice cream!!)

On our second visit (in the same week) we took an even larger group and I tried the goulash instead of the potato/leek/bacon soup. It was amazing and there was a lot of meat in the soup. After eating that, I had a hard time eating the full rack of West Indies ribs that I ordered! The meat really does fall of the bone and the taste is wonderful. One of our posse members is a six year old girl who ate the entire rack of ribs in about ten minutes. I've never seen rib bones that clean!!!

Thomas is working really hard to establish his business and I hope that everyone will take the time to visit his restaurant. It is by far one of the best dining values in Aruba. I'll certainly be back to Amadeus on all subsequent trips to the island.

Thanks to Thomas and Marc and the Amadeus team for an outstanding experience (two times) and incredible food. You guys rock!!

Tere
Old Tuesday, March 9th, 2010, 10:28 AM

arubaforfamily is on a distinguished road

Yum. Do they have a kids menu?
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 08:58 AM

Went to Amadeus twice again this past trip (5/22-6/2)...... food is still Amazing!! The veal chop that I had just melted in my mouth!! I loved the home-made spaetzel that came with it too. Can't wait to go back in November They expanded the indoor seating, and added outdoor dining tables also.
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Administrator

it is on our must do list for august. can't wait to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubaariba View Post
Went to Amadeus twice again this past trip (5/22-6/2)...... food is still Amazing!! The veal chop that I had just melted in my mouth!! I loved the home-made spaetzel that came with it too. Can't wait to go back in November They expanded the indoor seating, and added outdoor dining tables also.
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Aruba Expert

barbiesara2003 is on a distinguished road

Went to this new restaurant in both February and May and enjoyed each meal we had. Definitely will be going back.
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 11:52 PM

lmccollom is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: **Amadeus...A new restaurant - and our new favorite!!

I was there last week with my family. They do not have a kids' menu, but like Wacky Wahoo they have kids' portions of the adult meals. One of my girls had Spaetzle (sp?) and the other had filet. The service was amazing and the food was wonderful!