Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Costa Linda Resort

Costa Linda Resort This Forum is for Costa Linda Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Thursday, February 8th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default board etiquette

i realized something this morning when i couldn't find something that was being referenced. we have more threads on this section than all but one owners corner on the board. that is very odd.

so i looked back and realized that everyone seems to want to start a new thread. there is no continuity if we do that. so i am making a request that is really basic board etiquette.

everyone's post is important but most don't need a new thread. please people, if you are dealing with something that is in another thread, post in that thread. click on quote so your reference is clear. there is not enough time in a day to refer back to 52 different threads in search of one post. that was what i found myself doing today and others are making the same comment to me.

save my sanity!!! keep items in context. please????????
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, April 15th, 2008, 06:42 AM

farside426 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: board etiquette

Sherry, rumor is there could be a possible reassement at Costa Linda, do you know if this is true and if so what it could amount to? We are thinking of purchasing a unit there, but may consider renting this year, unless the price is right of course.

Also, I am not sure if I have this in the correct area, I am new at this.

Thank you
Farside
Old Tuesday, April 15th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

farside, you did fine posting here. i will answer as best i can. rumor does have it that an assessment was requested and so far denied. understand that this is only rumor. the assessment mentioned was $450. although i would hate it, as assessments go, it isn't outrageous. so, if you found a unit that you really loved, barter the possible assessment with the owner a bit and if the price is right, i see no problem in purchasing. understand that all i have here is my personal opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farside426 View Post
Sherry, rumor is there could be a possible reassement at Costa Linda, do you know if this is true and if so what it could amount to? We are thinking of purchasing a unit there, but may consider renting this year, unless the price is right of course.

Also, I am not sure if I have this in the correct area, I am new at this.

Thank you
Farside
Old Tuesday, April 15th, 2008, 11:34 AM

farside426 is on a distinguished road

Sherry, thank you for your quickly response. Good idea on purchasing a unit with possible reassessment. We keep looking at week 41 which I understand is a slow time, but seem to be hard to find at this resort. I guess owners aren't willing to sell at this time of year. We have done research of buying units and it seems it has gotten costly at this resort to purchase or even rent. We were told to rent a small amount over what maintenace fees are, but we see these units going for double. When you go with a family of 5 it becomes costly and we can't afford these rental prices, it make me think its a business not for people to enjoy. We will continue to look until the right price comes....

Thank you
Farside