Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba Restaurant Reviews

Aruba Restaurant Reviews For new aruba restaurants reviews or to post a new review click here. To view archived reviews click here.

View Poll Results: madame janette
poor 9 5.63%
average 7 4.38%
good 8 5.00%
very good 21 13.13%
excellent 115 71.88%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old Wednesday, July 30th, 2008, 07:56 AM

Gizmo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Madame Janette

Darryl - I agree we each have our opinion and I respect your opinion, but felt it was important to people reading reviews to hear both sides of the fence.

Did you really have animals at your feet at Flying Fishbones?!? Yikes!
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 02:37 AM

merlee is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: Madame Janette

We've been coming to Aruba for a long time, but only found MJ's 4 years ago. Three of our 4 visits were SUPER, the last one disappointing to say the least.
I actually dined there twice last year, on Thanksgiving, and again the following week. We always choose an inside table, and 3x's that has been the correct option! Food has always been outstanding, no complaints.
But the last visit was an embarrassment due to the poor service. We invited some 'new' friends to join us. Just after we were seated a party of about 14 was seated next to us. We had to beg for attention, ask for the same things over and over, and were charged for refills on iced tea. When we questioned that, we were told that "ALL of the restaurants" did that. Well, during 3 other visits to MJ's we were not charged. And I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS check the bill, everywhere I go, no matter where. Sometimes they add on the service charge, or their addition isn't quite right.

We may give it one more try, but I will be sure to tell them that I am expecting better service!
Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, May 10th, 2009, 08:48 PM

Steveo is on a distinguished road

Keep coming back! This is surely one you can't miss because everything is done right. The atmosphere, food, service and entertainment are top notch. We had a large group of eight and we all enjoyed.
Share with Facebook
Old Monday, May 11th, 2009, 03:31 PM

Darryl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
Darryl - I agree we each have our opinion and I respect your opinion, but felt it was important to people reading reviews to hear both sides of the fence.

GIZMO: I am usually quite prompt in replying, however your question must gotten past me...somehow. In answer to your question....YES...there were a number of dogs roaming the beach on which were placed the dining tables and they were free to go wherever they wanted. It was a bit disconcerting....to say the least. Fortunately, the 'dripping' down my legs was from the condensation from the water glasses!!

Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, June 9th, 2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:

Hi! I thought I had already replied to your question...but this just popped up on my PC....
YES!!! A couple of dogs were snooping around as we were 'dining' there. Personally, I don't think the place was worth the trip...or the money!!!

Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, July 26th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Aruba Expert

PhoenixGirl is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Madame Janette

This is a thread from 2006. Just wondering if Rik (Rick) is still a waiter there???
Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, July 26th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

no he isn't. it's a shame in a way because he's the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixGirl View Post
This is a thread from 2006. Just wondering if Rik (Rick) is still a waiter there???
Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, July 26th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Aruba Expert

barbiesara2003 is on a distinguished road

Rik now has his own business and is doing very well. He loves working days and having his evenings free.
Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, February 18th, 2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:

Yes....the local dogs!!!
I was literally pissed!!!

Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, February 21st, 2010, 01:32 PM

Horseshoe is on a distinguished road

Perhaps, the "Forum Member," who had such a bad experience in both service and food at MJ's, may have just picked an "off-day," though I agree there really should not be such.

In contrast, reading other reviews, some people were very pleased with all the above. I would venture to say that one needs to try him/or/herself and make a judgment based on their visit.

I have not gone there to MJ's; though I have been to "Paradise," aka "One Happy Island" many times; but have plans to try as many restaurant's as I can.

I do, however, love and recommend the spare ribs at "Tony Romo's." On my visit, they were plenty; tender, and delicious, a value for the money. Just an opinion, of course.

Horseshoe

Last edited by Horseshoe; Sunday, February 21st, 2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: "MJ's" had an "h" inadvertently.
Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, February 21st, 2010, 03:49 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseshoe View Post
Perhaps, the "Forum Member," who had such a bad experience in both service and food at MJ's, may have just picked an "off-day," though I agree there really should not be such.

In contrast, reading other reviews, some people were very pleased with all the above. I would venture to say that one needs to try him/or/herself and make a judgment based on their visit.

I have not gone there to MJ's; though I have been to "Paradise," aka "One Happy Island" many times; but have plans to try as many restaurant's as I can.

I do, however, love and recommend the spare ribs at "Tony Romo's." On my visit, they were plenty; tender, and delicious, a value for the money. Just an opinion, of course.

Horseshoe
I agree that each person should make their own judgement based on their own experience. I personally have never ever had a bad experience at MJ's. I can't even count how many times we've been there. It's one of those places we have to go to at least 1 or 2 times a week, with a few friends, or just with hubby Frank. We always have a great time. Besides the great food, ambiance, staff (a few of which we actually count as friends), etc., they make a great martiniarty:arty:
Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, March 10th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Almost Aruban

pgsoder is on a distinguished road

Went here one night last week and as usual, not disappointed. Our meals were all delicious and the service was great. Cost is a bit more than other restaurants but worth it, you need to experience the ambiance at least once.
Share with Facebook