Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba Restaurant Reviews

Aruba Restaurant Reviews For new aruba restaurants reviews or to post a new review click here. To view archived reviews click here.

Old Monday, March 16th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Aruba Expert

SanNic44 is on a distinguished road
Default Young Fellow BBQ, video

Young Fellow is a local joint located on the highway, south of the airport. I've been driving by it too many times and finally popped in for the Sunday BBQ. Mrs. 44 and I enjoyed it and I just posted a video on my blog of the meal and such.

Here's the review: for 13 florins, about 7 dollars, you get 1/4 chicken, 1/4 rack of ribs, about 3 cups of white rice, baked beans, mashed potatoes with bits of red beet, peas, and corn mixed in, as well as a chunk of corn on the cob. Good deal! Food was made right there on the grill in front of us. They also have fish if you'd like.

Guy working the grill was friendly and fun and the lady behind the bar didn't laugh when I unrolled my own flatware. I only bring my own fork and knife because I refuse to eat anything with my fingers. (Drives Mrs. 44 crazy.) And the plastic forks and knives are okay for everything but the ribs.

Place may be a good stop going back and forth to Baby Beach or when you're rolling around the island looking for something different.

Enjoy and bon dia.

Old Friday, April 16th, 2010, 08:53 AM

jawz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Young Fellow BBQ, video

SanNic44,
Great place, been going there on Sundays for the last 4 years. Glen is the owner , along with his wife Judy. Glen was grilling and Judy was probably in the back. Great people if you repeat and they get to know you. They are doing a lot more things in the future for more visiting families. If you go again, mention that You posted on the forum, they will appreciate it. Also not sure if you saw his garden ? He now grows all his vegetables right there so everything will be fresh. Lunch menu changes daily and I also think they have a website.
Regards and will bump into you again one these days.

Last edited by jawz; Friday, April 16th, 2010 at 08:56 AM. Reason: wording
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, April 16th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Young Fellow BBQ, video

wow, thanks. this sounds great. I also have driven by and wondered.
Share with Facebook