Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Saturday, June 19th, 2010, 10:31 AM

craftygirl is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island DePalm Island Full day Tour

Hello all, just wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on the DePalm Island Full day tour which includes the Blue Parrotfish Waterpark, snorkeling, beach, etc. We are contemplating going with our 2 children ages 6 and 10 when we visit in July and wanted to know if it is worth the money because it is pricey ($99 per adult, $84 per child). Any suggestions and/or info would be helpful. Thanks very much!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, June 19th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Aruba Expert

LocaLisa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DePalm Island Full day Tour

the children are going to love the waterpark. my son of 5 loves it. and everytime we go he goes nuts about the slides it has 4 different type of waterslides, the pool is knee high and you can sit in the water under a shade or sunbathing watching your kids enjoying themselves . i personally like the waterfall at the waterpark it massages your back very nice. when ever hungry or thirsty a side from the breakfast and lunch buffet you also have the kitchen with hamburgers and hotdogs allday and the bar with smoothies with or without alcohol and soft drink, tea or coffee of course. bedside the waterpark you might want to do snorkling and meet the blue parrot fishes and if not there are several other entertainment activities that one day can't be enough.
Old Saturday, June 19th, 2010, 09:02 PM

craftygirl is on a distinguished road

thank you very much for the info? Are there any discount tickets I may find?
Old Sunday, June 20th, 2010, 01:31 AM

arubabob is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: DePalm Island Full day Tour

just a different opinion.
We dont have young children but think De Palm is way overpriced. It has changed some in the last few years. We went before they had the 1/2 and full day deals and water park. The price to go to De Palm island then was $4 per person and you could stay all day but we usually only stayed a couple of hours. There was a small restaurant if you got hungry or thirsty.
De Palm will have the beach(man made), a pool, slides and a snorkeling area.
Your resort has a beach, and a pool. Some have slides and lazy rivers as well. Snorkeling is free at baby beach.
So basicly you are paying $360 for the food.
Old Monday, June 28th, 2010, 08:26 PM

JohnL is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I certainly agree! And the food is not all that good. I recall when it was just the cost of the ferry to get there. They were just happy to have people come over and patronize the place. It was well worth the price. But now, it has become another tourist trap. You'll have a decent time, but it certainly is not worth the cash outlay. $84 for children is highway robbery... it's actually disgusting. If you want to take your kids on a great adventure, try the Mi Dushi full day sail and snorkle for A LOT less. And the food and company is much better. Yeah, no slides, but a great rope swing. Have a blast whatever you do.
Old Monday, June 28th, 2010, 09:14 PM

phillyboater is on a distinguished road

Went many years ago when there was no water park. Had a coupon and it was free. Had a small restaurant to buy food or drink. As said before, stayed a few hours and left. Snorkeling was pretty good, but water was almost too shallow. DW ended up with cut on leg while swimming over coral. Many waterparks in US that are a lot cheaper.
Old Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Yeah, I certainly agree! And the food is not all that good. I recall when it was just the cost of the ferry to get there. They were just happy to have people come over and patronize the place. It was well worth the price. But now, it has become another tourist trap. You'll have a decent time, but it certainly is not worth the cash outlay. $84 for children is highway robbery... it's actually disgusting. If you want to take your kids on a great adventure, try the Mi Dushi full day sail and snorkle for A LOT less. And the food and company is much better. Yeah, no slides, but a great rope swing. Have a blast whatever you do.

I agree John, the Mi Dushi, imho, is the best deal going. I posted something on the details of it somewhere on this board. But I'll be darned if I remember where even though it was only a couple of weeks ago. I just can't say enough about the Mi Dushi. It has never failed to be the best day ever and always the highlight of our trip!!