Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare & Vacation Properties > Timeshare Q&A

Timeshare Q&A General questions about timeshares.

Old Wednesday, August 6th, 2008, 11:22 PM

parachute is on a distinguished road
Default Do most timeshare rental periods strictly go by week?

Or is it not uncommon to be able to rent a unit for 1.5 weeks, etc.?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, August 6th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Aruba Expert

qlaval is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Do most timeshare rental periods strictly go by week?

I think all the TS goes by week.
You want two weeks? Then you need to purchase two.

I've never saw any TS sold by an amount of days.
I know some that can be fraction in a weekend and a few days later on still even those are sold by the week.

Hope that's answering your question.
Old Thursday, August 7th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

para, glaval is right that units are sold in weekly units. rarely do owners rent partial weeks but will at the last moment if they haven't been able to rent their unit.

however, in many cases and at rack rate which is very expensive, the timeshare itself will rent whatever you want. understand it will in no way be a bargain. our timeshare rents for $3-400/night yet you can rent a week from an owner for $1-1,500.

if you want to stay at a timeshare and it splits a week, weigh the cost of the number of hotel rooms for that split week and you may see it is worth renting the entire week at the timeshare and leaving when you have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parachute View Post
Or is it not uncommon to be able to rent a unit for 1.5 weeks, etc.?

Thanks.
Old Thursday, February 12th, 2009, 01:16 PM

bobby h is on a distinguished road

parachute,

yes, most timeshares still go on a week-to-week basis. The 10 day rental is an odd one for most. It's too much for an owner with just 1 week and too little for those with multiple ones.

I'd suggest renting for a week and then moving over to a hotel. or, rent and agree to a presentation and see if the resort will throw in a few extra days. You can alwyas say "No" at the presentation.

-- bobby

Fair, but biased timeshare opinions
Old Friday, February 13th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Aruba Expert

charlescroes is on a distinguished road

Bobby,
I am interested to know where you sold timeshare. The last suggestion is basically suggesting to the client to lie. Is that how it goes? Think not.

be well
charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby h View Post
parachute,

yes, most timeshares still go on a week-to-week basis. The 10 day rental is an odd one for most. It's too much for an owner with just 1 week and too little for those with multiple ones.

I'd suggest renting for a week and then moving over to a hotel. or, rent and agree to a presentation and see if the resort will throw in a few extra days. You can alwyas say "No" at the presentation.

-- bobby
Old Saturday, February 14th, 2009, 08:08 AM

bhoffdhoff is on a distinguished road

Well, Charles, you never know. Before we bought our first timeshare, we only went for the cheap long weekend and the freebies. DH and I made an agreement to each say NO! Now, we own 3 timeshares!!

By the way, I love your snippets!!
Old Sunday, February 15th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Aruba Expert

Point well taken,
In these cases (almost all the time) the couples make a "pact" prior to going in the presentation

we will look and listen but not buy

The sales representatives job is to do a discovery and (if there is a glimmer of hope) to go through a technique called

Breaking the pact.

The above is a normal procedure that happens every day in timeshare and many other industries. Couples pre-arrange defenses to basically protect their wallets etc. If they become interested then BINGO they are members and mostly are happy about the choice. What I refer to is a bit more contrived. I copied again below.

I have managed timeshare for years and can tell you that the above scenario would be squashed before it grew wings and the couple that tried it would end up embarassed or upset. Why do that?

In this world, there are some things that are free and some aren't. You can't just change things at your will. In timeshare or any other business,

SOMEBODY PAYS FOR THE COST INCREASES.

Trust that with all your soul

Note:
It is possible to sneak one of those plots every once in a while but then, is this the way to spend a vacation? Consider answering this question when you get home:

Question - so how was your Aruba Vacation?

Answer - We rented a week then moved over to a hotel and agreed to attend a T/S presentation to see if the resort manager would throw in a few extra days.

If I was asking the questions then mY Question would then be - Just how many times did you pack and unpack and move? Did you see the beach? Is that why you're so pale? Is that why you look tired?

Hey - time to get off this soap box

be well - whatever you do
charles
Old Tuesday, February 17th, 2009, 01:45 PM

bobby h is on a distinguished road

Charles,

I appreciate the response you gave.

My suggestion is just revealing a truth. If I had a good prospect, I'd try like crazy to get them to stay some extra days...it gave me extra time to work on them...they certainly had a right to say no to me afterwards. I'm not suggesting that people lie about anything, I'm just being truthful about the situation that many people utilize already.

Sorry if my wording seemed a little too casual. I understand that you have a business to run and having a person suggesting freeloading wouldn't sit well with me in my business either.

Regards,
Bobby

Fair, but biased timeshare opinions
Old Tuesday, February 17th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Aruba Expert

Good enough and fair enough
be well
charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby h View Post
Charles,

Good enough Bobby.

I appreciate the response you gave.

My suggestion is just revealing a truth. If I had a good prospect, I'd try like crazy to get them to stay some extra days...it gave me extra time to work on them...they certainly had a right to say no to me afterwards. I'm not suggesting that people lie about anything, I'm just being truthful about the situation that many people utilize already.

Sorry if my wording seemed a little too casual. I understand that you have a business to run and having a person suggesting freeloading wouldn't sit well with me in my business either.

Regards,
Bobby
Old Sunday, March 8th, 2009, 01:31 AM

CT2ARUBA is on a distinguished road

Timeshares have to sell Weeks so that Exchange companies (RCI/II) can exchange EQUAL periods of time. RedWeek, Bidshares, Aruba BBd, and individual member sites at each resort will often list "extra days" for rent by owners. We own several weeks and stay just the days that give us the best airfare. Q: Does anyone need 4 days in Week 46?