Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare & Vacation Properties > Timeshare Q&A

Timeshare Q&A General questions about timeshares.

Old Sunday, May 3rd, 2009, 04:16 PM

Ralf is on a distinguished road
Default Baby pool

A little disadvantage of La Quinta is, that they don't have a baby pool. But is it allowed as Timeshare member to use the baby pool of La Cabana or any other resort?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, May 3rd, 2009, 04:28 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Baby pool

ralf, the usual rule is that if you are not staying at the resort, you can not use any pool there. la quinta is not associated with any other resort on the island except those loose ties of rci or interval. that doesn't count. you will get towels at whatever resort you go to. they will be a specific color. if you are not using the color towel that is used at the resort, the guards will usually ask you to leave unless you can prove you are staying there.

how old is the child that needs a baby pool? is the child still in diapers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
A little disadvantage of La Quinta is, that they don't have a baby pool. But is it allowed as Timeshare member to use the baby pool of La Cabana or any other resort?

Thanks!
Old Sunday, May 3rd, 2009, 04:36 PM

Ok, thanks! My little girls is now 16 months and currently still in diapers.
It's not a big problem, because she had a lot of fun last year in the big pool (both pools) and a lot of fun in the sea.
Old Sunday, May 3rd, 2009, 04:40 PM
Administrator

just follow the rules ralf. many timeshares do not allow diapers in the adult pools for the obvious reason of the bacteria. i don't know what a place like la quinta does when they have no baby pool.

Quote:
Ok, thanks! My little girls is now 16 months and currently still in diapers.
It's not a big problem, because she had a lot of fun last year in the big pool (both pools) and a lot of fun in the sea.
Old Sunday, May 3rd, 2009, 04:55 PM

Ah, I see.....last year we removed the diaper before we go into the pool or sea and she was wearing a swimsuit.

But you have also special diapers for swimming, is that allowed?
In meanwhile we are training her so hopefully she doesn't need a diaper any more at that time.
Old Sunday, May 3rd, 2009, 04:59 PM
Administrator

wow! 16 months is pretty young for training! i hope you succeed. in the sea you can have her wear anything but in the pool they must wear the special diaper. it is the only way to protect anyone. they are not great protection but it is better than a soggy diaper.

Quote:
Ah, I see.....last year we removed the diaper before we go into the pool or sea and she was wearing a swimsuit.

But you have also special diapers for swimming, is that allowed?
In meanwhile we are training her so hopefully she doesn't need a diaper any more at that time.
Old Sunday, May 3rd, 2009, 05:09 PM

She is fast!! She already walked before she became 1 year.
And she did it already a couple of times in the .... (how do you call it in english, potty?) ......baby toilet.

Old Sunday, May 3rd, 2009, 05:25 PM
Administrator

potty is the right word and that is wonderful!

Quote:
She is fast!! She already walked before she became 1 year.
And she did it already a couple of times in the .... (how do you call it in english, potty?) ......baby toilet.

Old Sunday, May 3rd, 2009, 06:23 PM
Aruba Expert

ArubaMary is on a distinguished road

You will not be allowed to use the baby pool at any resort especially if you are carrying your resort towel. La Cabana is especially vigilant about this rule.
Old Sunday, May 3rd, 2009, 06:28 PM
Aruba Expert

ArubaMary is on a distinguished road

Ralf,
I have to smile when I think of you toilet training your 16 month old child. Not wanting to hurt your feelings, but YOU are the one who will be trained, not your child. What's the rush??? My son and daughter-in-law are doing the same thing (she is 22 months), and I have to bite my tongue. I see them 'jumping' if the baby stops for a moment. "Oh, I think she has to sit on the potty." Wait till she's two!!!!
Old Sunday, May 3rd, 2009, 06:55 PM

JanetB is on a distinguished road

I've never had a child, so I am by no means an expert. However, my nephew and his wife took the "there's no rush" attitude and didn't try to start training until their daughter turned 2. At 5, she was still using diapers (by this point, they almost needed Depends!) and they were sweating it, as they would not allow her to start school if she was not trained. Fortunately, she did manage to get out of the diapers about a month or so before school started. So I say the earlier the better!

And I agree with others as to the pool - you must have the towel of the resort or they will ask you to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArubaMary View Post
Ralf,
I have to smile when I think of you toilet training your 16 month old child. Not wanting to hurt your feelings, but YOU are the one who will be trained, not your child. What's the rush??? My son and daughter-in-law are doing the same thing (she is 22 months), and I have to bite my tongue. I see them 'jumping' if the baby stops for a moment. "Oh, I think she has to sit on the potty." Wait till she's two!!!!
Old Sunday, May 3rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Administrator

janet, kids sort of let you know their maturity level. both of my kids were 'potty trained' by the time they were 2. one was easy and did it all herself. the other took a little work. however, some kids just aren't ready at that age. it isn't when you start them as much as what you do once you start them that makes it work. if you see they are not ready you don't push it and just make a game of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetB View Post
I've never had a child, so I am by no means an expert. However, my nephew and his wife took the "there's no rush" attitude and didn't try to start training until their daughter turned 2. At 5, she was still using diapers (by this point, they almost needed Depends!) and they were sweating it, as they would not allow her to start school if she was not trained. Fortunately, she did manage to get out of the diapers about a month or so before school started. So I say the earlier the better!

And I agree with others as to the pool - you must have the towel of the resort or they will ask you to leave.
Old Sunday, May 3rd, 2009, 07:12 PM
Almost Aruban

Liz from N.J. is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Thanks!
At La Cabana a wristband is worn by everyone staying at the resort. There are many security guards walking around the pool and resort checking to make sure outsiders are not using the pool/hot tubs.