Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba In Words > Aruba Tales

Aruba Tales Tales of Aruba by Arubans only.

Old Monday, May 14th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default aruba tales-the aruban voice

Today we open a new section of our board. We have many Aruban members of our board and they have so much to contribute. The island we love seems to be changing but the Aruban way of life is still going strong. This section is the chance for Aruba to tell its story.

We know things from our good friend Charles’ point of view but we who love Aruba also want to read more about and different aspects of our beautiful island.

We hope Charles will continue his stories and will welcome those who want to tell theirs.

So, it begins today. Aruba, join us. Welcome to ‘Aruba Tales’
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, May 17th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Aruba Expert

charlescroes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: aruba tales-the aruban voice

Sherry,
Why in the world would I mind? Talking about something you love is not competetive - it is a joy and so verry nice when others chime in. I have been reading Eddies things for a while now and his insight and point of view is so neat. I like it.

You need to remember that I write observations and try to bring across the feelings. Not good at it but love to try. I compliment this incentive and hope that other BB's will learn from it.

The true competition is the future and that is one race we -on Aruba - cannot afford to loose.

be well Sherry
charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
Today we open a new section of our board. We have many Aruban members of our board and they have so much to contribute. The island we love seems to be changing but the Aruban way of life is still going strong. This section is the chance for Aruba to tell its story.

We know things from our good friend Charles’ point of view but we who love Aruba also want to read more about and different aspects of our beautiful island.

We hope Charles will continue his stories and will welcome those who want to tell theirs.

So, it begins today. Aruba, join us. Welcome to ‘Aruba Tales’
Old Thursday, May 17th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Administrator

thanks charles. i want the world to know what you and i already know. there is a lot of talent on the island.

true story tellers, those that carry on the history of an island by word of mouth, are dying out in every culture. this gives a voice to those story tellers in aruba and a place to store their history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlescroes View Post
Sherry,
Why in the world would I mind? Talking about something you love is not competetive - it is a joy and so verry nice when others chime in. I have been reading Eddies things for a while now and his insight and point of view is so neat. I like it.

You need to remember that I write observations and try to bring across the feelings. Not good at it but love to try. I compliment this incentive and hope that other BB's will learn from it.

The true competition is the future and that is one race we -on Aruba - cannot afford to loose.

be well Sherry
charles
Old Friday, May 18th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Aruba Expert

charlescroes is on a distinguished road

Sherry,
Excellent objectives and it seems to me that it will be a good thing. Your comment kind of reminds me of something said in a movie once. Don't know if it is true but I liked it.

The history of the tribe is carried forth by the story tellers.

be well
charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
thanks charles. i want the world to know what you and i already know. there is a lot of talent on the island.

true story tellers, those that carry on the history of an island by word of mouth, are dying out in every culture. this gives a voice to those story tellers in aruba and a place to store their history.
Old Friday, May 18th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Administrator

don't know what movie it was but it is fact. the american indians were known for it. the history of each tribe can be traced by story tellers back to the beginnings of speech. with some cultures the stories can be verified by cave drawings. how exciting to have your history stored in the minds of the people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlescroes View Post
Sherry,
Excellent objectives and it seems to me that it will be a good thing. Your comment kind of reminds me of something said in a movie once. Don't know if it is true but I liked it.

The history of the tribe is carried forth by the story tellers.

be well
charles