Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba Restaurant Reviews

Aruba Restaurant Reviews For new aruba restaurants reviews or to post a new review click here. To view archived reviews click here.

View Poll Results: amadeus
poor 0 0%
average 0 0%
good 0 0%
very good 0 0%
excellent 7 100.00%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Tuesday, November 24th, 2009, 05:32 PM

arubaariba is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up **Amadeus...A new restaurant - and our new favorite!!

This was our 19th trip to Aruba.Our friends on the island told us about this new restaurant Amadeus which only opened 3 months ago. The food & service are phenomenal….and the prices are very, very good!!

We went there 2 times during our vacation, and were simply impressed both times! The owners Frankie and Thomas (the chef) make you feel comfortable in both conversation and atmosphere. From the presentation to the flavors – everything was perfect.

The first night we had the Coconut Breaded Shrimp and the Creamy Potato-Leek-Bacon soup for appetizers. Both were wonderful. The shrimps were large, tender, and the coating was fabulous. The soup was a thick, flavorful puree soup that is beyond words…just the best. For the entrees we had the Wiener Schnitzel (which is the main reason that I wanted to go there) and the Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia. The Schnitzel was big, tender and flavorful. Came with vegetables and potatoes. The Tilapia had 3 large fillets with a very nice crispy topping Saved some room for desert and coffee – and had the Deep Dish apple pie (warm) with ice cream. Finished the meal off perfectly

Our last night – we decided to go back again….which was a great ending to our trip. Had the Escargots (not your normal butter/garlic) – which were AWESOME! They had the flavor of normal escargots x10. I have never had them prepared like this before (in a garlic herb cream sauce) – but they are the best that I have ever had. We also had the Austrian Goulash SoupWest Indies Ribs which had amazing flavors and ingredients.. For the entrees – Deb had the Potato Leek Bacon Soup (again) and I had the – which is a full rack of Baby-Backs with a really nice barbeque sauce. I don’t know where the “West indies” name is derived….but these were meaty, flavorful, juicy and tender…fall off the bone ribs! Hands down – these are the best ribs that I have had on the island. For desert had coffees and the (sp) Profiteroles de mi Casa– which were delicate pastries (somewhat like a cream puff) with chocolate for dipping, and vanilla and chocolate puddings. Very good, not heavy…just right!

They have this home-made bread that they bring out too. Was like a pan bread with herbs (rosemary. thyme, etc) baked in…WOW! It is delicious.

With 2 or 3 wines, and 2 or 3 Bacardi/Cokes at each meal, the total bills were between $60-$75 total (before tip). Mark the (server) did an outstanding job in explaining and timing everything, and Frankie is such a hospitable person….this place has it all!

It is only about 2 miles from the “Texaco roundabout” (by La Cabana), inland in Tanki Leendert. Very easy to get to (straight shot). Drive 1 mile to next roundabout, then 1 more mile on the right just past the other Texaco). Right next door to HOT Take Away. They do not have a website yet - but the ph is 587-3644. Closed mondays. Tanki Leendert 249.

For those who like to try new places…this is a must try! I can't say enough about this place - it is a winner in my book!