Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Monday, June 14th, 2010, 08:43 PM

jawz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vandersloot wanted in Peru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post
I don't know if it's because Aruba is so small that it can't be noticed about Bias of the press here.

But imo 'freedom of the press' does not always mean 'accurate in-depth' reporting like in the old days. Just watch the movie "Good night and good luck" the other night. Wish news wasn't considered 'infotainment'!
Ditto : The news is slanted by every country in
the world. The only really factual news IS FOX NEWS BOSTON
Don't even think of posting after me! LOL
CELTICS RULE!

Last edited by jawz; Monday, June 14th, 2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: cuz I wanted to !
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, June 15th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Almost Aruban

seashelldiver is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Vandersloot wanted in Peru

NJKate you got me laughing......Joran smart enough to set up passwords and lock down his computer so that no one could get into it????? This is the same idiot that called Beth Holloway's lawyer and attempted to extort 250K, killed a girl in a room that was rented in his name, took her money credit cards and vehicle from the scene of the crime, left enough DNA forensic material in a room to make a first day prosecutor smile like the Cheshire Cat at his good fortune, grabbed a taxi to Chile and told the driver he was going there cause he killed someone, packed bloody clothes on his backpack, and just about smiled into 6 surveillance cameras all along the way.......I don't think he has a brain in that fat ugly head of his.....

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY TELLS ME HIS IS LYING ??? WHAT 5'4" WOMAN DO YOU KNOW WOULD HIT A 6'4" 250 LB IDIOT IN THE FACE.....I mean really ??? That alone sounds like B.S. to me !
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 10:27 AM

njkate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelldiver View Post
NJKate you got me laughing......Joran smart enough to set up passwords and lock down his computer so that no one could get into it????? This is the same idiot that called Beth Holloway's lawyer and attempted to extort 250K, killed a girl in a room that was rented in his name, took her money credit cards and vehicle from the scene of the crime, left enough DNA forensic material in a room to make a first day prosecutor smile like the Cheshire Cat at his good fortune, grabbed a taxi to Chile and told the driver he was going there cause he killed someone, packed bloody clothes on his backpack, and just about smiled into 6 surveillance cameras all along the way.......I don't think he has a brain in that fat ugly head of his.....

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY TELLS ME HIS IS LYING ??? WHAT 5'4" WOMAN DO YOU KNOW WOULD HIT A 6'4" 250 LB IDIOT IN THE FACE.....I mean really ??? That alone sounds like B.S. to me !
Good points...lol

Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Banned

TooSad is on a distinguished road

How sad the Aruban authorities didn't square up the Holloway case 5 years ago to have stopped any future harm/damage for any other families caused by the Dutch/Aruban Joran van der Sloot!
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Aruba Expert

Dogwriter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSad View Post
How sad the Aruban authorities didn't square up the Holloway case 5 years ago to have stopped any future harm/damage for any other families caused by the Dutch/Aruban Joran van der Sloot!
How sad this person's first post ever, re-hashes old biases.
How sad that Arubans cannot convict someone of murder without a body or witnesses.
How sad that the money that funded his Peru murder, (confessed) came either from the FBI or the family of the missing girl.
How sad that scapegoating never seems to go away.

"Vacation is what you make of it, what you take from it and what you leave behind."
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Banned

How Sad you want to judge me or stalk my stats! Did you see I had supported Aruba for years by spending tons of money to bring my family and friend there for over 20 years!

How Sad ARUBA has done NOTHING to CHANGE their laws since the Holloway case to be able to BETTER PROTECT it's TOURISM!

FYI, JVS has more than once confessed to the involvement, so see in the end, it does come back to haunt the OFFICIALS in ARUBA!!

The people of ARUBA should request and demand change in their laws to prove to the world they DO want to protect their TOURISM rather than hope the Holloway incident just goes away.

If anything, thanks to the Dutch/Aruba JVS all eyes are back on ARUBA in a bad, sad way!!!!

Facts are what they are!
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogwriter View Post
How sad this person's first post ever, re-hashes old biases.
How sad that Arubans cannot convict someone of murder without a body or witnesses.
How sad that the money that funded his Peru murder, (confessed) came either from the FBI or the family of the missing girl.
How sad that scapegoating never seems to go away.
LOL, let me save you some stalk time--> About TooSad
Have you ever been to Aruba? YES - more than 10 times!
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Aruba Expert

captmorgnsgrl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
LOL, let me save you some stalk time--> About TooSad
Have you ever been to Aruba? YES - more than 10 times!

TooSad, you seem a bit agitated...calm down, no one is stalking you. Probably just reading your profile, which we all do. And I will probably finish this post and check out your profile myself. And good for you, you have been to Aruba more than 10 times in 20 years. We all love Aruba that is why we are here. So sorry your offended my Walts remark, but he is correct. We have seen many remarks such as yours over and over. Curious as to why within your first couple of posts you decide to comment so harsly on this subject. This board has been around for years. We get many people on here that will pick a certain subject and decide to chime in. He was just making a statement just as you made yours.

So TooSad...play nice...

Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Banned

IF Aruba could have stopped JVS dead in his tracks 5 years ago, another lady and her family would not be suffering now!!

As the post stated, "Aruba could not........because of it's LAWS!!

Too bad, the LAW allowed for Dutch/Aruban JVS to run free and take an innocent life!!!

And it's had 5 years to CHANGE it's laws to protect it's TOURISM!!

I, like many are outraged that yet another young lady has died a senseless death at the hands of Dutch/Aruban JVS when he should have been stopped 5 years ago in ARUBA!!
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

toosad, i will put it this way for you:

if it was your son accused with no evidence against him, you would be battling every american court you could go to in order to save him from being jailed without evidence. you also would have won your case because our law does not allow incarceration without proof any more than dutch law does. thank god or whatever you believe in that the laws of the states as well as dutch laws do not allow the innocent or those without proof of guilt to languish in a prison system. american laws are worse in that way than dutch because we come up with every stupid technicality to get the worst of the worst criminals out of jail.

tourism? if they had jailed joran then tourism would be 10-20% higher than it is now. that would have been the easy out. jail the guy and save the economy. instead they followed the law and released him until and if they could find probable cause to imprison him.

so get real, not jailing him was the worst thing they could do for tourism and the best thing they could do to abide by the same laws that we have in the states.

a perfect example of statistics in the usa is in south carolina, where the annual violent crime average is 32,384 incidents. that happens to be double the national median. should no tourists visit there?

South Carolina crime rates and statistics - Neighborhood Scout

which ironically is higher than the statistics for my state:

Maryland crime rates and statistics - Neighborhood Scout

should i tell people not to visit south carolina because it's crime is worse than my home state? sounds like a good idea to me. maybe i should start a campaign to eliminate tourism in both states because they are worse than the the median. makes perfect sense to me if i use your convoluted logic.

Quote:
IF Aruba could have stopped JVS dead in his tracks 5 years ago, another lady and her family would not be suffering now!!

Too bad, the LAW allowed for Dutch/Aruban JVS to run free and take an innocent life!!!

I, like many are outraged that yet another young lady has died a senseless death at the hands of Dutch/Aruban JVS when he should have been stopped 5 years ago in ARUBA!!
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:

Are you outraged that the money that funded the trip came from the United States?
Are you outraged that many felons, worldwide, become repeat offenders?
Shame on every country in the world for not "tweaking" their laws to prevent future crimes at home and in foreign lands.
Which confession should Aruba use to convict him? The one about the beach? The balcony? The foundation of the building? The boat or the ***-traders?
All modern countries have legal constraints which protect people from unjust prosecution. Aruba arrested him twice but had no evidence to prosecute and was waiting for a warrant from the F.B.I. to make another arrest. This time it was an American investigation for a violation of American law. Aruba was cooperating and waiting for authorization when he fled the country with the "bait" money.
Using your own logic, we should now blame America for not changing the laws to prevent this ever happening.
I am not stalking you. Your first post showed very few entries. I frankly could care less how many times you have gone to Aruba. I only feel compelled to respond to illogical blame.

"Vacation is what you make of it, what you take from it and what you leave behind."
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Administrator

you know guys, i came home from a perfectly pleasant afternoon class learning all about the macbook i bought recently. i only read toosad's last post. i assumed it was her only one and i replied to it. however, i soon realized it is not her only one and i now assume she has come to this forum to spread bile. she has also pinged her little lesson in misguided foolishness back to a few very right, very 'burn aruba to the ground' so called 'news' shows. i do believe in freedom of speech which is the only reason she was still on this forum after what i thought was her first post. however, i also have stated that if people come to this forum to only discuss aruba's evildoing by following the laws of holland, i would eliminate them. i will but it is such fun to irritate them first.
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
you know guys, i came home from a perfectly pleasant afternoon class learning all about the macbook i bought recently. i only read toosad's last post. i assumed it was her only one and i replied to it. however, i soon realized it is not her only one and i now assume she has come to this forum to spread bile. she has also pinged her little lesson in misguided foolishness back to a few very right, very 'burn aruba to the ground' so called 'news' shows. i do believe in freedom of speech which is the only reason she was still on this forum after what i thought was her first post. however, i also have stated that if people come to this forum to only discuss aruba's evildoing by following the laws of holland, i would eliminate them. i will but it is such fun to irritate them first.
spread bile.................. that's a pretty immature response and attack..........what's up with that? The facts are what they are!

Dutch/Aruba LAW allowed a twice arrested murderer to be set free only to hurt again............ it's just SAD and yes, it's affected the country of ARUBA, but then when the fact is laid out some get into such a wad............... it's still remains my opinion it's ashame ARUBA LAW and OFFICIALS allowed JVS to walk and thus resulting in tragic events for an innocent girl!
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Administrator

obviously you are again pinging your responses to the most vile of all links so they can read this too.

i wish you a long and healthy life but i think i will be spending time spreading the word that south carolina is the place not to allow people to go because their crime rate is terrible and their laws are those of the unites states that are no better than anyone else has but the ego of those who live in south carolina and other states with very high crime rates does not allow them to realize that if we blame the city, state, or country for the wrongs on individuals than we must also blame ourselves. for with the philosophy that we are all are part of 6 degrees of separation, we too have had a part in corrupting the criminal. i suppose we must all live in isolation but mostly we must not go to your state because if we possibly cross the street against a light and no one sees us do it we still may get a ticket. that my friend is what you are asking aruba to do-- punish the innocent to catch one criminal.

Quote:
spread bile.................. that's a pretty immature response and attack..........what's up with that? The facts are what they are!

Dutch/Aruba LAW allowed a twice arrested murderer to be set free only to hurt again............ it's just SAD and yes, it's affected the country of ARUBA, but then when the fact is laid out some get into such a wad............... it's still remains my opinion it's ashame ARUBA LAW and OFFICIALS allowed JVS to walk and thus resulting in tragic events for an innocent girl!
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Administrator

sorry guys, toosad lost her entertainment value and has been banned. i tried to give her a chance. i also deleted the post that got her banned because when i decided to leave this thread open i gave very few rules. she broke the major one. i will copy them here.

don't attack each other (disagree without ignorance), keep it in one thread, don't insult aruba for following the law of the land.

now i plan to sit with a cup of coffee and let life go on.

Last edited by dwippies; Wednesday, June 16th, 2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
sorry guys, toosad lost her entertainment value and has been banned. i tried to give her a chance. i also deleted the post that got her banned because when i decided to leave this thread open i gave very few rules. she broke the major one. i will copy them here.

ddon't attack each other (disagree without ignorance), keep it in one thread, don't insult aruba for following the law of the land.

Thanks Queenie! Enjoy that coffee!

Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Vandersloot wanted in Peru

Damn!!! I missed the party!! This working for a living ticks me off!!
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
Damn!!! I missed the party!! This working for a living ticks me off!!

LOL..yep you sure did Elaine...I was on my lunch! It was an engery sucking experience...

Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 04:21 PM

arubabob is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Vandersloot wanted in Peru

Quote:

Had he been tried in Aruba , he would have been aquitted. There was absolutely no physical evidence. If he had been tried in the U.S. he would have been aquitted because there was no physical evidence and a judge would have thrown out his confessions on technical grounds.
Have you ever read a newspaper here? Our court system frees more criminals every year on technicalities than there are people on Aruba. Judge-yes I know hes guilty but you cant use that evidence because your search warrant was incorrect, or you didnt read him his rights or he didnt know you were listening. Crap. And dont get me started on our juvenile justice system.
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Aruba Expert

Aw shucks. It was just getting good. She obviously never read any responses. She just kept "blaming." Love a real debate as there is always truth in both sides. This wasn't to stir conversation, but to send a tired old agenda back into the spotlight and to feed it to those who agree with her.

Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogwriter View Post
Aw shucks. It was just getting good. She obviously never read any responses. She just kept "blaming." Love a real debate as there is always truth in both sides. This wasn't to stir conversation, but to send a tired old agenda back into the spotlight and to feed it to those who agree with her.

Aw shucks. It was just getting good. > Wasn't it!

Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road

Quote:

don't attack each other (disagree without ignorance), keep it in one thread, don't insult aruba for following the law of the land.

Wha happened? I wasn't gone that long! Back in April, I said I was going to stay connected to this forum all year not just pre-travel time. I miss ONE day, one lousy day, and I missed the whole thing! (You're right Elaine, this working thing has got to go) Well, all I can say is if you, Sherry, had to delete the post that got her banned, it must of been a doozy. The ones that made it here got my blood boiling! Unbelievable, 10+ visits to Aruba in 20 years, and she acts like she supported the entire island and its tourism. Not only is she carrying around an enormous ego, but an overbearing load of anger too. Who needs that? You've got the right idea, I'm going to put my feet up too....but maybe with a glass of vino even though it's a school night.
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Almost Aruban

charlierat is on a distinguished road

You guys are good! Everything I would have said has already been said!
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Almost Aruban

ruba4ever is on a distinguished road

I, too, am late to the party....but our head moderator..in her infinite wisdom was able to handle TooSad with the grace that we have long become accustomed too. Gave them just enough rope to hang themselves. Too bad..TooSad just was unable to listen to reason...just hell bent on rehashing the old....and trying to stir a pot that was simmering very nicely thank you.
Queenie...I hope you enjoyed your coffee.
ruba

Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

I had three quarters of my post made, and wiped out in a 1 second power failure so here goes...

First ~ sherry, if there was an Oscar for a moderator, you'd win hands down. You do what you do so well with wit, character, and most importantly of all, honesty. You make me proud, lady!

There was a time 4+ years ago that I'd go for the jugular when anyone came on this board saying the things we just "heard" from the banished poster. I've come to realize that it isn't worth my time or breath to try and make a hater not hate. My position sure ain't changing, and neither will theirs. A hater doesn't "discuss," a hater simply spews for lack of a better word.

Each of us has an opinion about the Natalee Holloway case. Mine has never changed. I have issues with some things, and understand other things. I'm not in a privileged position to know what went on and what's going on at this moment. I have learned that all the rhetoric put out in the media for public consumption is, most times, for sensationalism. Sensationalism sells, and gets ratings...reality doesn't.

I'm sad for the Flores, and I'm sad for the Holloways.. the Flores had to bury a child because of Joran, and the Holloways are held hostage with his games. They don't know the final resting place of their child, and how and why she got there, and it's gone on for 5 long years.

There is no "how to" book on .... should your child disappear one night never to be seen or heard from again, this is how you should handle yourself. I can tell you in no uncertain terms, that as a Mom, and until I took my last breath, I'd sell my soul to the devil himself to get answers. I'd do whatever I had to whenever I had to do it.

Who knows what went on between the FBI and ALE. We only know what they want us to... and, what they put out - once again, for public consumption. Who was wrong, who was right, what this one could have done, what this one should have done... it becomes a blame game. I have no doubt that, in retrospect, everybody's kicking themselves in the a-s-s. But, it's done, and there are no "second takes."

Aruba, to those of us that know her, is paradise... the Aruban people are gentle, caring, loving, honest, kind .... and, have been made into monsters by those that are the true monsters. I liken it to those who hate "America." Doesn't matter if you're from Maryland, Alabama, Pennsylvania... they have a hate mentality, and that will never change.

I hope and pray that someday the Holloway family will know what happened to their child, and find some peace, but for this moment in time, I'm nothing less than thrilled that Joran is behind bars in a Peruvian prison. The only thing that will elate me even more is to see him get a just trial, one that he never gave either Stephany or Natalee, and be condemned to many years in the hell hole in which he now resides. There is no more "let's make a deal," and he's where he belongs!
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Administrator

ro, i guarantee that she was not in aruba 10 times and probably not even one time. people like her lie and then stick to that lie because it suits the tale they create which is also a lie. yes, the one i deleted was much worse than the others. no reason for all of us to stroke out reading trash, lies, and disgusting bull fed by media pretending to give out news and instead giving out hatred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roschone View Post
Wha happened? I wasn't gone that long! Back in April, I said I was going to stay connected to this forum all year not just pre-travel time. I miss ONE day, one lousy day, and I missed the whole thing! (You're right Elaine, this working thing has got to go) Well, all I can say is if you, Sherry, had to delete the post that got her banned, it must of been a doozy. The ones that made it here got my blood boiling! Unbelievable, 10+ visits to Aruba in 20 years, and she acts like she supported the entire island and its tourism. Not only is she carrying around an enormous ego, but an overbearing load of anger too. Who needs that? You've got the right idea, I'm going to put my feet up too....but maybe with a glass of vino even though it's a school night.
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Aruba Expert

LynnS is on a distinguished road

Elaine- nice post so I'll just ditto it. Could not begin to say it any better.

But by the Grace of God go I

My heart breaks for all the families involved.
Old Thursday, June 17th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
I had three quarters of my post made, and wiped out in a 1 second power failure so here goes...

First ~ sherry, if there was an Oscar for a moderator, you'd win hands down. You do what you do so well with wit, character, and most importantly of all, honesty. You make me proud, lady!

There was a time 4+ years ago that I'd go for the jugular when anyone came on this board saying the things we just "heard" from the banished poster. I've come to realize that it isn't worth my time or breath to try and make a hater not hate. My position sure ain't changing, and neither will theirs. A hater doesn't "discuss," a hater simply spews for lack of a better word.

Each of us has an opinion about the Natalee Holloway case. Mine has never changed. I have issues with some things, and understand other things. I'm not in a privileged position to know what went on and what's going on at this moment. I have learned that all the rhetoric put out in the media for public consumption is, most times, for sensationalism. Sensationalism sells, and gets ratings...reality doesn't.

I'm sad for the Flores, and I'm sad for the Holloways.. the Flores had to bury a child because of Joran, and the Holloways are held hostage with his games. They don't know the final resting place of their child, and how and why she got there, and it's gone on for 5 long years.

There is no "how to" book on .... should your child disappear one night never to be seen or heard from again, this is how you should handle yourself. I can tell you in no uncertain terms, that as a Mom, and until I took my last breath, I'd sell my soul to the devil himself to get answers. I'd do whatever I had to whenever I had to do it.

Who knows what went on between the FBI and ALE. We only know what they want us to... and, what they put out - once again, for public consumption. Who was wrong, who was right, what this one could have done, what this one should have done... it becomes a blame game. I have no doubt that, in retrospect, everybody's kicking themselves in the a-s-s. But, it's done, and there are no "second takes."

Aruba, to those of us that know her, is paradise... the Aruban people are gentle, caring, loving, honest, kind .... and, have been made into monsters by those that are the true monsters. I liken it to those who hate "America." Doesn't matter if you're from Maryland, Alabama, Pennsylvania... they have a hate mentality, and that will never change.

I hope and pray that someday the Holloway family will know what happened to their child, and find some peace, but for this moment in time, I'm nothing less than thrilled that Joran is behind bars in a Peruvian prison. The only thing that will elate me even more is to see him get a just trial, one that he never gave either Stephany or Natalee, and be condemned to many years in the hell hole in which he now resides. There is no more "let's make a deal," and he's where he belongs!

Dang it Elaine...there you go again!...you have such a way with words...I'm telling you, you should have been a writer, or a journalist! You missed your calling. But it isn't too late! find something juicy to write about!

Old Thursday, June 17th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
ro, i guarantee that she was not in aruba 10 times and probably not even one time. people like her lie and then stick to that lie because it suits the tale they create which is also a lie. yes, the one i deleted was much worse than the others. no reason for all of us to stroke out reading trash, lies, and disgusting bull fed by media pretending to give out news and instead giving out hatred.
Sherry, you are right - I probably would have stroked out. How did you know? LOL I am trying to rise above it all and consider the source. I know that's the way to handle it, but I really have to work hard not to give in to my less than adult initial reactions to crap like this. I don't want to think of what I'd do if she were in front of me. So thanks for reeling me in.
Old Thursday, June 17th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:

Wow Elaine, you really said it all, and you said it so well. I think, at times anyway, I'm still at that jugular stage - but I'm working on it. That stage is not a good look on me. Your post carries the voice of reason, as do several other posts here. So I will re-read it whenever I feel I'm getting to that unreasonable state. Thanks.
Old Thursday, June 17th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Almost Aruban

pgsoder is on a distinguished road

About all I can here is WOW, what a post by Sherry and Elaine. Between the two of you there can be no more to say and I want to thank you for saying it all. Good job my friends. And I am proud to say that, "my friends".
Old Thursday, June 17th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Administrator

awww gosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsoder View Post
About all I can here is WOW, what a post by Sherry and Elaine. Between the two of you there can be no more to say and I want to thank you for saying it all. Good job my friends. And I am proud to say that, "my friends".
Old Thursday, June 17th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Quote:
awww gosh
I ditto that, Gina! And, thank you Lynn, Susie and Ro for your kind words.

I know there isn't one poster on this fantastic board who wasn't hoping and praying that Natalee would be found alive and well. It wasn't because it happened on Aruba, it was because we're caring human beings. And, I also know, without a question of a doubt, that our Aruban friends did eveything in their power to help the Holloway family. As lovers of the island, our second home, what hurts our friends, hurts us.

Unfortunately, to my mind, it became a tug of war, and a personality contest instead of it being all about Natalee. I, too, was guilty of shooting off my mouth on occasion because I was really angry over the things being said about Aruba! Stupid, ignorant things are still being written and said... but, I now chalk it up to stupid, ignorant people who have no idea what they're talking about... they just talk - it's kinda like "can you top this."

It's nice to be able to "talk" about this with people who know Aruba and the Aruban people, and not just "talk" for shock value.

And, I'm beginning to believe in "karma."
Old Friday, June 18th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Aruba Expert

ArubaMary is on a distinguished road

As I went through the postings from "Too Sad"----(such an apt name---pathetic, not sad) and Dog Writer's comments I kept thinking----"Where's Sherry; where's Elaine?" Ah, I didn't have to wait too long-----Sherry to the rescue----she let it go on just so long---Too Sad didn't redeem herself-----gone, afuera! I thank Sherry and Elaine for bringing us back to reality. We all grieve for the Holloway family and Stephany's family. We also ache for our Aruban families who, once again, are in the limelight negatively. Hopefully Joran will get his just-due. I TRY to put myself through Nancy Disgrace's diatribes every night----tough to put myself through her scorn and ridicule for Aruba. However, I want to hear the latest on Joran while he stays at Castro Castro and prepares for Jugigancha (sp). Thank you to all on our wonderful forum for their comments.
Old Friday, June 18th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Aruba Expert

lizzardo is on a distinguished road

I just keep wondering when this topic will stop. Everything needed to be said has been said, Rants needed to rant has been ranted.

Bottom line : No body in Aruba - hard to arrest someone....

Just hoping this will end soon because i'm really tired of it.
Old Friday, June 18th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Administrator

the curiosity seems never ending. i won't close the thread until it is over because it gives us a way to keep the story together and make my life a lot easier. i need my life a lot easier lol.

Quote:
I just keep wondering when this topic will stop. Everything needed to be said has been said, Rants needed to rant has been ranted.

Old Friday, June 18th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Aruba Expert

I just wonder if it will ever be over!!!
Old Friday, June 18th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Almost Aruban Moderator

This topic, on this forum, did stop until Joran resurfaced once again. Ignoring it would be dishonest, I think, and kind of like putting one's head in the sand.

Quote:

Old Friday, June 18th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Administrator

yeah, but like lizzardo, i sure am tired of it. it's the story that keeps on keeping on.

Quote:
This topic, on this forum, did stop until Joran resurfaced once again. Ignoring it would be dishonest, I think, and kind of like putting one's head in the sand.
Old Friday, June 18th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Lots of people are tired of it, but it's not going away any time soon thanks to Joran. And, once again, Aruba's in the spotlight, whether we like it or not.

Old Friday, June 18th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Aruba Expert

As long as Fox, Nancy Disgrace and Greta von facesurgery can make it sensational to keep the viewers , they will milk this story dry!

Hate to hear Aruba dumped on... it's so stupid... they had no evidence or body to arrest
Old Friday, June 18th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Administrator

you are totally right but people like the ones you listed thrive on creating misery without any guilt for the destruction they cause. if we can help present the truth, even in our small way, we have to keep threads like this going.

at the same time, we owe it to those who disagree to give them a voice. i try to until they go psychotic and even then i try to leave their posts because they deserve that voice no matter how wrong we feel or know it is. the day we are stopped from that way of doing business is the day i leave moderating.

Quote:
As long as Fox, Nancy Disgrace and Greta von facesurgery can make it sensational to keep the viewers , they will milk this story dry!

Hate to hear Aruba dumped on... it's so stupid... they had no evidence or body to arrest
Old Friday, June 18th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Thumbs up Re: Vandersloot wanted in Peru

Quote:
you are totally right but people like the ones you listed thrive on creating misery without any guilt for the destruction they cause. if we can help present the truth, even in our small way, we have to keep threads like this going.

at the same time, we owe it to those who disagree to give them a voice. i try to until they go psychotic and even then i try to leave their posts because they deserve that voice no matter how wrong we feel or know it is. the day we are stopped from that way of doing business is the day i leave moderating.
Kudos....you're a smart and fair lady, but we all know that, and Beatrix has nothing on you!! lol
Old Friday, June 18th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Aruba Expert

You know I am also sick of the this story - but you're all right, it is never-ending. There I was this morning just listening to the news, getting ready for work, and GMA was interviewing his ex-girlfriend (I already forgot her name), and there I was glued to the interview. Yet another slant on the same issue. I think, no I know one of the reasons I listen to it all is that in some bizarre way, I want to hear how they're portraying our beloved island. And keeping the forum open lets us defend our favorite place.
Old Friday, June 18th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Administrator

it was actually a very good interview, or at least i thought it was. it showed the normalcy of joran's behavior and life before natalee. if i had a child that was sociable, got good grades in school, felt comfortable to date, participated in sports and all of the other normal things in life i would truly have been proud of him/her and never in any way suspected that there was another person hiding there. how do we know as parents, friends, family?

Quote:
You know I am also sick of the this story - but you're all right, it is never-ending. There I was this morning just listening to the news, getting ready for work, and GMA was interviewing his ex-girlfriend (I already forgot her name), and there I was glued to the interview. Yet another slant on the same issue. I think, no I know one of the reasons I listen to it all is that in some bizarre way, I want to hear how they're portraying our beloved island. And keeping the forum open lets us defend our favorite place.
Old Friday, June 18th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Aruba Expert

Sandra is on a distinguished road

You go TooSad!! Or was is SooSad?? Whatever! I applaud people who write such intelligent and well argumented posts...

Old Friday, June 18th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
it was actually a very good interview, or at least i thought it was. it showed the normalcy of joran's behavior and life before natalee. if i had a child that was sociable, got good grades in school, felt comfortable to date, participated in sports and all of the other normal things in life i would truly have been proud of him/her and never in any way suspected that there was another person hiding there. how do we know as parents, friends, family?

I have to say, I thought the ex-girlfriend really handled the interview very well. I found her answers to be thoughtful and well presented. After listening to her, I really believe Joran was an entirely different person then. Up til now, I'm not sure I ever believed he was that "normal".
Old Friday, June 18th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Administrator

what's weird is that last night murray and i were talking about that. nancy disgusting was on and murray said something about his past. i said that it was quite possible no one would have ever known he had this behavior in his heart or mind. after the interview this morning. murray believed what i said. anyone who thinks that family and friends would know is very wrong. many of these people are totally normal in their behaviors. that's why my heart goes out to his family as much as to the girls' families.

Quote:
I have to say, I thought the ex-girlfriend really handled the interview very well. I found her answers to be thoughtful and well presented. After listening to her, I really believe Joran was an entirely different person then. Up til now, I'm not sure I ever believed he was that "normal".
Old Monday, June 21st, 2010, 07:11 AM
Almost Aruban

seashelldiver is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Vandersloot wanted in Peru

LMAO !!!!!

I don't remember who predicted this, Sandra, Sherry or Elain, but here we go......Joran says the Peruvian Police "tricked" him into that confession, that he was just signing stuff and had no idea what it said.......

yeah, right....he's fluent in Spanish, so what is your excuse now Joran !!!

HE'S A TRULY AN IDIOT !!!
Old Monday, June 21st, 2010, 08:11 AM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Claudia... he gets his first shot today appearing before the judge to tell his story! He not only had a lawyer present when he gave and signed his statement, but a Dutch translator as well.

He's now claiming he was tricked into signing with the promise that he'd be sent back to the NL's.

I think he's just about used up all his trump cards, and now it's time to pay the price.

It'll be interesting to see if he blocks out the judge by putting his fingers in his ears like he did with the interrogators in Aruba.

Stay tuned!!