Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Divi Phoenix Resort

Divi Phoenix Resort This Forum is for Divi Phoenix Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Monday, January 31st, 2011, 06:24 PM

PirateKing is on a distinguished road
Default Am I in Cancun?

The second year of the over-expanded Phoenix (which is still not fully sold) convinces me that my assessment from last year was right: all change is not for the better. Compounded by two hard facts -- 1: the beach isn't getting any bigger and 2: this year it was even smaller, after the storm that took out the inadequate new palapas set up last year -- is the reality that the new towers are just too much for this small (and formerly tranquil) end of the Las Vegas frenzy of Palm Beach. Well, maybe not Las Vegas but Cancun! That last tower, the one that sits a few feet from the beach and casts its shadow where there used to be sun, reminds me of that overdeveloped and never-to-be-visited-again-by-me slice of ruined Mexicn coastline. wouldn't three have been enough to satisfy Divi's greed?

At least they haven't closed the Sunset Beach Bistro, as I feared they might, which we prefer to the over-amped, over-TVed PureBeach (still a silly name).

More to follow!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, February 1st, 2011, 08:33 AM
Aruba Expert

droykelly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Am I in Cancun?

I completely agree that three buildings would have been more than enough. That last building is an eyesore. There’s not enough beach to accommodate the additional units & having one that shades the beach makes it worse! There’s no question greed won over common sense……………

We’re not fond of PureBeach either although they do serve a good burger. I have to disagree with you on Sunset Beach Bistro. It’s our list of never again places to go. It may have changed in the last few years but after many years of food that was just barely adequate & amazingly bad service, we gave up.

I will not sit on the porch and watch life go by without participating!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Monday, February 21st, 2011, 10:47 AM

JohnL is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Am I in Cancun?

Still bad service.... and the birds are out of control.