Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Tuesday, February 1st, 2011, 10:03 AM
Aruba Expert

Kent is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island The snorkle man is back in Aruba for awhile

My wife and I got here 1 week ago and have been so busy that we haven't got on the boards yet. I have been taking people snorkling about 3 times a day. The weather has been very nice except Sunday was a rain day. I went by the BB party last night just to say Hi to everyone. We ate at Elganchoes, Pizza Bobs, Anna Marias, Tony Romas and we cooked in a few times. I brought fish and shrimp that I got in Florida last month and we brought a george forman grill so we like to do smoe cooking also. I will be on the Island till March 15th. If anyone cares to snorkle in this timeframe, you have to e-mail me direct if you want me to respond. kentgerber@adamswells.com I have ate and went snorkling with quite a few people on these boards and that is really great when you can put names with faces. I have seen turtles on a few trips, squid, a big barracuda a few times and plenty of fish, I brought over 8 water scooters to pull you around and so we can cover more ground when we snorkle. The more ground you cover, the better chance you have of seeing things. Our neighbors were here for their honeymoon so we took them a few times. People are asking about Anna Marias so I can tell you that the food and service is GREAT but it will take at least 2 or more hours to get out of their. My wife had the lasana and it was the best ever. It had hard boiled eggs, peas, mushrooms and it was awsome. I think hers was $20. I probably won't report as often as I used to because time flies by so quickly and all I do is eat, sleep and snorkle!!! All you folks in the bad snow storm area, I will be thiunking of you when I am here in the 85degree weather and snorkling. Kent Gerber

29th trip Nov 4th for 5 months!!
Snorkeling at Mangel Halto, day or night, using "bladefish water scooters", reasonable pricing, all equip provided and transport from your resort. Also free pics and a cd with over 200 Aruba pics.Email Kent Gerber at kentgerber@adamswells.com or Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call local: 745-7459 or visit:
www.arubabobsnorkeling.com
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, February 1st, 2011, 01:22 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The snorkle man is back in Aruba for awhile

kent, welcome back to our island. you are so lucky!!!

where is anna marias?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
My wife and I got here 1 week ago and have been so busy that we haven't got on the boards yet. I have been taking people snorkling about 3 times a day. The weather has been very nice except Sunday was a rain day. I went by the BB party last night just to say Hi to everyone. We ate at Elganchoes, Pizza Bobs, Anna Marias, Tony Romas and we cooked in a few times. I brought fish and shrimp that I got in Florida last month and we brought a george forman grill so we like to do smoe cooking also. I will be on the Island till March 15th. If anyone cares to snorkle in this timeframe, you have to e-mail me direct if you want me to respond. kentgerber@adamswells.com I have ate and went snorkling with quite a few people on these boards and that is really great when you can put names with faces. I have seen turtles on a few trips, squid, a big barracuda a few times and plenty of fish, I brought over 8 water scooters to pull you around and so we can cover more ground when we snorkle. The more ground you cover, the better chance you have of seeing things. Our neighbors were here for their honeymoon so we took them a few times. People are asking about Anna Marias so I can tell you that the food and service is GREAT but it will take at least 2 or more hours to get out of their. My wife had the lasana and it was the best ever. It had hard boiled eggs, peas, mushrooms and it was awsome. I think hers was $20. I probably won't report as often as I used to because time flies by so quickly and all I do is eat, sleep and snorkle!!! All you folks in the bad snow storm area, I will be thiunking of you when I am here in the 85degree weather and snorkling. Kent Gerber
Old Tuesday, February 1st, 2011, 08:36 PM

coconut is on a distinguished road
Default The snorkle man is back in Aruba for awhile

Hey Kent:

Sorry we did not get to meet at the BB meet. I am hoping that you attend next Monday. I would enjoy speaking to you, and setting up a snorkle trip. Sounds like you really like it. More so, it sounds like you really enjoy sharing it. I will look for you there. If not, I will email you as requested. All the best to you, and enjoy your time. We are here until 3/15 also. Look forward to meeting you.
Old Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011, 09:44 AM

JohnL is on a distinguished road

We took Kent and his wife, Kim, out for dinner at El Gauchos last Thursday night and I can't tell you enough about how much Susan and I enjoyed their company. Kent is a busy man and he goes out of his way to help everyone. So I figured it was time to give back to him...thus the dinner. We had to leave Friday and did not have the chance to go snorkeling with Kent again, but we'll do it either in the summer or next January. Kent...have a great time for 7 weeks. When you get back home, it's grind away until the next vacation. Best, JL
Old Friday, February 4th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Aruba Expert

One Happy Island Re: The snorkle man is back in Aruba for awhile

Coconut, I am not sure if we will come next Monday night but I will try my best. Otherwise please e-mail me.

JL, Thanks agian for the GREAT dinner. You surely didn't have to do that. Kent

Snorkeling at Mangel Halto, day or night, using "bladefish water scooters", reasonable pricing, all equip provided and transport from your resort. Also free pics and a cd with over 200 Aruba pics.Email Kent Gerber at kentgerber@adamswells.com or Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call local: 745-7459 or visit:
Old Tuesday, February 8th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Aruba Expert

Coconut, I didn't see you last night at the BB party. There was a nice turnout at the Amsterdam. Since we are staying at Club Arias, we had Gabriel cook us up a private dinner with some fish and shrimp I brought over from Florida. That was the BEST meal we had since we have been here. He is a awsome chef!!!

Old Wednesday, February 9th, 2011, 01:30 PM

cjcsmt is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: The snorkle man is back in Aruba for awhile

Hi Kent,

This is the girls you took snorkeling last May (you know us, we lost your fin and nearly jacked up your scooter... :-)

We're going back in May. Sorry we'll miss you but have a great time.

Carolyn
Old Thursday, February 10th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Aruba Expert

How could I forget about you? Glad to talk to you again but I will be back in the summer but I did get some brand new scooters so these are alot more friendly. Ha! Ha! Kent

Old Saturday, February 12th, 2011, 09:01 PM

Default The snorkle man is back in Aruba for awhile

Hey Kent: Hope you are enjoying your time. We had family down all week for a visit. Some very young ones included. Took them off of Arashi, then tried Mangel Halto. They were not so sure of it. Finally took them on the Jolly Pirates. Most of them hit the water. But the young ones really enjoyed the pirates, AAArrrrggghhhh, Matey. They did a great job on board. Visitors fly out on Monday. I intend to make the meet. If you are free, we will meet there. If not, I will reach out for you via PM. Did three days of Fishing last week. Mon, Wed and Fri. Plenty of Wahoo, Baracuda, Yellow Tail. Good eats. Hope to meet you on Monday! All the best. Happy VD!
Old Sunday, February 13th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Aruba Expert

Coconut, I was at the BB party last Monday night and missed you. Can u e-mail me direct for snorkling? I have 8 divers coming in today but I can make a time this week for you to snorkle. I also have a local cell. kentgerber@adamswells.com

Old Sunday, February 20th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Aruba Expert

My trip is half over and I am so sorry for not reporting like I usually do but its been crazy here with all the snorkle tours. I just about need a secretary to keep tract of everything. I might need a vacation when I get home. The water has been very calm and clear the last several days. I snorkled 3 times today and We seen 2 turtles and a big green eel. Yesterday I had a 10 foot eagle ray including his tail come right underneath me. I had 4 couples from my home town here last week so we did Old Man at the Sea, Mirandis, Mademm Janettes and they were very pleased with all 3 places. Been taking quite a few people from the boards snorkling and everyone is having a great time. My nephew flys in tomorrow on his honeymoon so I might have to do alittle babysitting. Ha! Ha! The weather is about the same everyday but everythjing is green so they are sure having more rain then normal. Kent

Old Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011, 10:00 PM

Hey Kent,

Thanx for a great morning! We really appreciate your efforts. The scooters were a great asset to the run, but your guidance, and knowledge of the waters, made it easy for us to enjoy, all the fish and coral we came across. I can tell you really do like doing this. The sunken ship on the way in was a bonus. We stopped at B-55 for lunch. Great Mixed Barbecue, and some real fun folks there. Might hit them on Friday night for dinner. I will look you up next week. I'm moving to your neighborhood for a few days, then back to DIVI for the finish. I'll be in Paradera soon. Maybe dinner? Gotta hit the hay. 5am fishing boat to catch. I'll let you know what we land, in case your interested in eating, instead of just looking at, the fish. Thanx again for a fine morning. You did a great job.
Talk to you soon... Be Well!

Last edited by coconut; Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011, 08:46 PM

DANNY O is on a distinguished road

Truly one of the nicest guys i have ever meet.He goes out of his way...on his vacation...to make yours more enjoyable...Enjoy the rest of your vacation....

DannyO

Old Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011, 10:12 PM
Aruba Expert

Sorry for not posting much but I had a couple from Ohio from the board who stayed here at Club Arias for 10 days and they kept me pretty busy. I never had so much fun in my life. They even wanted to night snorkle so the last 3 nights, we were out snorkling. Even another friend from the board joined us from Sweedon. Its really great to put faces with names. I have 2 weeks left and then back to the real world. Kent

Old Thursday, March 3rd, 2011, 05:16 PM

gumbo al is on a distinguished road

Kent, Arriving the 7th. Would be nice to touch base with you before you leave. Al
Old Friday, March 4th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Aruba Expert

Gumbo, If you want to set up some snorkling with me, please e-mail me direct at kentgerber@adamswells.com

Old Thursday, March 10th, 2011, 01:46 PM

arubasurfclubcanada is on a distinguished road

Happy Birthday snorkel man! Lucas and I had a great time snorleling today and that Green EEL was awesome. Thanks for all your help getting me all set up in Aruba.

Jim
arubasurfclub@yahoo.ca
Old Thursday, March 10th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Aruba Expert

I had a great time and I was glad to meet you guys. You will be getting the pics soon. Kent

Old Saturday, March 12th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Aruba Expert

My 7 weeks are winding down and I have to say this was more rain this time than I ever remember. The grass and trees are all green along the roads. We probably only had 3 half days in 7 weeks of a wash out. Other than that alot of early morning rains. I did the most snorkling this trip that I have ever done and I got to meet alot of people on these boards and got to take them snorkling. I really like when I can put a face with a name. I start going snorkling at night and it was another adventure. You see all the creatures that aren't out during the days. I only take the really hard core snorklers at night because you really need to be a comfortable and good snorkler. I stayed at Club Arias this trip since its close to my snorkling. Its a bed and breakfast in Saveneta. Its a small place but very clean and nice. Alot of people stay for a few days to extend their timeshare week. I ate at Zeerovers a few times and I really like it there. My wife doesn't like it because its kinda rough and smells like fish because the locals are bringing in their caught and the shrimp is head on so I wait till she leaves and then I go there and LOVE it. I had great service from Hans at Tropical car again like always. Did alot more cooking in this time since I love to grill and cook out. Had alot of friends visit in the 7 weeks so the time really flew by. Looks like I will have to start counting down the days till the end of June when I will return for 6 weeks. Bugs were more of a problem with all the rains. Aruba is still my home away from home and I am looking forward to my 24th trip this summer. Kent Gerber

Old Sunday, March 13th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Aruba Expert

I did see a 4 foot snad shark last night when I was night snorkling. Thats the first shark I have ever seen in Aruba. Kent