Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Marriott Surf Club

Marriott Surf Club This Forum is for Marriott Surf Club Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Wednesday, November 10th, 2010, 11:12 AM

arubasurfclubcanada is on a distinguished road
Default iPad wifi Connection Oceanside Building

Would the ipad wifi connect automatically in the Oceanside room?

Jim
arubasurfclub@yahoo.ca
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, November 10th, 2010, 05:02 PM

izzydoesit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: iPad wifi Connection Oceanside Building

You should be able to use it in the lobby. We take a portable router and use it in the room.
Old Sunday, November 14th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Aruba Expert

Chip is on a distinguished road
Default Re: iPad wifi Connection Oceanside Building

Like Izzy said, you'll need portable router for the room connection. I bring a credit card size D-link router and that does the trick.

I'm not sure if this is earth shattering news, but during our last trip we discovered the best and least expensive way to call home. I used to stay in contact with home using Skype connecting through my I-phone to the other party when they connected to Skype (application to application) great connection with no delay. The only drawback was both parties had to be signed into skype so we had to do a call/hang up as a signal. (AT&T charges when you do that, not good).

This year I added $10 to my Skype account so I would be able to connect through the Wifi but instead of connecting through the app I could dial phone numbers directly. Looking at their cost charts I figured it would be around .25/min to call home. So I made my first call directly to my son's cell, it worked perfect, same great connection. We talked for around 10 minutes. I figured that would be around $2.50, I checked my account information after the call and my balance was $9.70, only .30 for 10 minutes. Then it dawned on me, Skype doesn't know where you are at (ip wise) so it thinks you are calling the US from the US since that is where your home number is. After that we stayed in touch with everyone almost every day and came home with around $6.00 remaining in the account.

PS you can also set up Skype to show your cell# as the caller ID, in your account. That way people won't ignore the CID when it shows 'unknown caller'.
Old Saturday, May 5th, 2012, 08:14 AM

tirakotchi is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: iPad wifi Connection Oceanside Building

I found a very affordable way to have WiFi access island wide with a multiple(5) device HotSpot(for phne, laptop etc) from another company not being Setar. This HotSpot works perfectly Island wide. Contact me and I will give you the information on that. Just like Setar they go by the day, partial week, full week or more. Drop me a line and I will reveal the info :-) tirakotchi@hotmail.com