Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba Safety

Aruba Safety Safety issues for travel in Aruba and elsewhere.

Closed Thread

Old Thursday, July 5th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default rules for this section and reasons it was created

One of the greatest things about working with caribmedia is the total honesty that everyone on the staff has. They all believe the truth will win out. We have been trying for a few days to figure out a way to give everyone a forum without creating a bb riot. Today, four of us got together and figured out what we consider the best way.

We know Aruba is changing. Most of it is growing pains. I personally think a lot will disappear as soon as this round of construction concludes. But, none of us is naïve enough to think there is no drug culture or any crime in Aruba. We would like to think of it as utopia but nothing is. It is a warm loving island that has welcomed guests and in the process has lost some of its innocence. That is the sadness in progress.

---------

This new forum is for everyone. We want you to feel free to express your concerns and also to bring us any news that is related to this thread. Obviously we have to set down some rules.

1. This forum is not here to rehash the Natalee Holloway story. We will post any news or links but our worries are in the present not the past. Any posts on that subject will be deleted. If anyone finds important news about her, please pm one of the moderators so we can make a decision to post it.

2. This forum is for news and personal stories if you wish to tell them concerning crime and safety in Aruba. All forms of safety are important which is why the thread about baby beach is up there. If you have a safety suggestion, please send it to me. I will incorporate it in the safety tips thread that can only be added to by a moderator.

3. Please try to use only one thread for a topic. It gets so confusing to have 15 threads on a subject.

4. All comments and opinions are welcomed. However, no offensive language or offending other members will be tolerated. Others are not ‘stupid’ because their opinions differ.

5. Please do not post rumors as news. I will lock the thread as I did one today until I am sure it is fact.

I am sure after this gets started one of us will remember other rules we want here but I want to give you the opportunity to get started so let the posts begin.
Closed Thread