Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Wednesday, March 19th, 2008, 03:15 PM

robinzeggs is on a distinguished road
Default Question

Why is it that middle aged men insist on walking around on the beach wearing little Speedo bathing suits that are clearly made only for teenage boys who are swimming in the Olympics???

Anyway, I'm here, I'm SO loving it! I'm working on the drink list for everyone, I've had my first Aruba Ariba, Blue Martini, Balashi, and I can't remember what else. I'll get to everyone's drinks by the time I leave, I promise.

I LOVE ARUBA. I love the Ren Marina. I love my room overlooking the pool and marina. I love Ren Island. I love the speedboat to the island. I love the flamingoes and the iguanas. I love Flag Day (went to the festival yesterday afternoon after I arrived). I love the Blue Bar!! I took it easy in the sun, did not burn my first day out, yay me! Yet, I think I'm noticeably more tan than I was this morning!

Quick small world story: this morning on the boat to Ren Island I met two women who live only one county away from me in Maryland. They're lots of fun and they're going on the Kukoo Kunuku bus tonight with me. I can't wait, I've been looking forward to that. Tomorrow's the jeep tour in the morning and more Ren Island in the afternoon. Then Friday's the Tranquilo all day, I'm so stoked!

Anyway, just wanted to check in with you guys, let you know I'm here. Have to run to do some power shopping before the party bus!!

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, March 19th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Question

ahhhh, no longer a virgin, and ready to party!

the speedo men have the wives that go topless on the beaches. you will recognize them... their husbands calls them. they turn around. three people get knocked down by the 'bouncies'. panic ensues!

can't wait for the next report! hey, that reminds me! i get a personal report over a great lunch, dinner or happy hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinzeggs View Post
Why is it that middle aged men insist on walking around on the beach wearing little Speedo bathing suits that are clearly made only for teenage boys who are swimming in the Olympics???

Anyway, I'm here, I'm SO loving it! I'm working on the drink list for everyone, I've had my first Aruba Ariba, Blue Martini, Balashi, and I can't remember what else. I'll get to everyone's drinks by the time I leave, I promise.

I LOVE ARUBA. I love the Ren Marina. I love my room overlooking the pool and marina. I love Ren Island. I love the speedboat to the island. I love the flamingoes and the iguanas. I love Flag Day (went to the festival yesterday afternoon after I arrived). I love the Blue Bar!! I took it easy in the sun, did not burn my first day out, yay me! Yet, I think I'm noticeably more tan than I was this morning!

Quick small world story: this morning on the boat to Ren Island I met two women who live only one county away from me in Maryland. They're lots of fun and they're going on the Kukoo Kunuku bus tonight with me. I can't wait, I've been looking forward to that. Tomorrow's the jeep tour in the morning and more Ren Island in the afternoon. Then Friday's the Tranquilo all day, I'm so stoked!

Anyway, just wanted to check in with you guys, let you know I'm here. Have to run to do some power shopping before the party bus!!

Old Wednesday, March 19th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Aruba Expert

PhoenixGirl is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Question

Don't forgot to get a a Brown Lady or Mudslide. Great for drinking in the pool.
Old Wednesday, March 19th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Aruba Expert

PhoenixGirl is on a distinguished road

Don't forgot to get a a Brown Lady or Mudslide. Great for drinking in the pool.

You are already SO hooked!
Old Wednesday, March 19th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Question

Robin ~

Brave soul you are going on the party bus tonight, and the tour tomorrow morning!!

Yep, those guys think they have a super duper package, huh??? I still look, and more times then not start laughing or shaking my head! This last time a man who sure as heck shouldn't have been wearing a speedo, caught me doing it.... and, winked at me. lol

Glad you're loving Aruba!!! Enjoy!!!
Old Wednesday, March 19th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Almost Aruban

pgsoder is on a distinguished road

Ahhh those "speedo's". There is an old man that stays where I stay both in Dec. and Feb. and he wears a different one every single day. He walks about 20 paces in front of his wife so he can "strut his stuff," (which he does not have anymore), not sure he ever did. An older lady I know from the resort once told me that he had been going there for years and "always" wears those speedo suits and she once asked him why he wore them and he said, "If you've got it flaunt it" and she told him, "You've lost it". Oh my gosh, I laugh every single day when I see him walking through the pool area to make his way to the beach, then around noon, he walks back for his lunch, then around 1:00 he is off again to the beach. It is sooo darn funny and everyone laughs.
So Robin, am so happy you are falling love with Aruba. You thinking maybe you will go another time? Thanks for have a Balashi for me.
Old Wednesday, March 19th, 2008, 03:43 PM

bhoffdhoff is on a distinguished road

Robin, I am so glad you're having such a good time and loving Aruba!! I knew you would. I'm anxious to hear all about your trip, so if you have a second or two, give us a little report, ok?

Bobbie
Old Wednesday, March 19th, 2008, 09:44 PM

arubabob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinzeggs View Post

When you get around to it, look for the 350 pound great grandmas in bikinis and the 8 month pregnant women in thong bikinis. Yes, we have seen both more than once as well as many old and young men in their speedos. I think the point is that no one really cares. Just do as you please.
Let us know when you eat at Matthews.
Old Thursday, March 20th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Almost Aruban

charlierat is on a distinguished road

Far be it from me to ever say, "I told you so" but I told you so (not the part about the men in speedos). Aruba has a way of enchanting people.
Old Friday, July 17th, 2009, 03:40 PM

PirateKing is on a distinguished road

For the record, "Speedo" is a brand name, and includes a host of products (even baggy boardshorts [or "bathing burkahs" as my wife calls them]) though, like "Kleenex" or "Windsurfer" (or even "Hobiecat") it has come to mean a particular style that is also made by a host of other comapnies.

Just being pedantic. Sorry
Old Friday, July 17th, 2009, 05:02 PM

Tina from Sweden is on a distinguished road

Robin,

About the"Speedos" i totally agree.

To the rest you write about it sound like you are as hooked on this lovely little island as the rest of us Arubalovers.

Thank you for all the yummi drinks you are having. I have 153 days until i can get all that Aruba gives to me when i get there in dec.

It was fun reading. Looking forward to the next report.

Hugs to you

Tina from Sweden