View Single Post
Old Friday, February 11th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Aruba Expert

Cooks Restaurant is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cooks Restaurant is moving

Hi everyone,

I would like to update you all on the progress with the restaurant's move to the ground level floor. Things are progressing in the restaurant quite well although not as fast as I would like to, but it is going. The dumbwaiter is installed, the grand piano stage is done with remote control lights, some of the equipments are already in place. The black granit top for the bar is to be installed next week.
One hold off we have is the paint. The particular paint that we (I ) want to use is no-where in stock in Aruba, so that will have to wait until next week when they receive the material to make it. We are not able to put in the carpet until the paint job is done.
The elevator will be nice because the shoot or encasing of the entire elevator will be of glass, where you can sit at the bar, listen to live piano music, watch the chefs at work and also watch the elevator go up and down bringing the food from the kitchen upstairs. It will certainly be nice and I can't wait for it all to be done to see you all here to have a drink with me.
I'll keep you all up to date with the progress.

P.S. We'll be closed this week and next and hopefully we'll open downstairs the week following.

Cheers.