View Single Post
Old Wednesday, March 9th, 2011, 08:59 AM

fromspain is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Home swaps: a good idea?

Mark, that is so true!!!!

But buying a house is not buying a website. I doubt anybody would do this from the distance. I certainly would not!!!
All must be done thru a proper appointed notary and done in an official way.
To begin with there's a property registry that I think it is common to all countries. In Spain with a valid digital certificate you can check property in the official website.
I would never buy anything or exchange any property in Aruba without seeing it with my own eyes first, then check about it and finally leaving everything clear in the purchase documents that I take the property free of any charges and embargoes and from the registered legal owner and in the witness of the bank representatnts and the very notary. I suppose the other part would do that as well.

On the other hand, if the person who sells the property in Aruba and accepts a beach condo as part of the payment does not want (for whatever reason) to come personally to check the property (that is something I would not prefer but would accept) he or she can always hire or appoint a reputable company or real estate agent as mediator, who will do all the checking, photos, visits, analysis,etc for him/her. We do have REMAX and COLDWELLBANKER in Spain too, you know.

Last edited by fromspain; Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 at 11:13 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook