View Single Post
Old Saturday, May 1st, 2004, 05:15 PM

thursday is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Timeshare Web Sites

Timeshare: Real good investment if you know you have the ability and the desire to take vacations for the rest of your life. We've owned since late yr2000. We've used the "getaways" through Interval for us or our family. I keep a financial record of all trips (just wanted to make sure this worked for us) the actual cost, and what the approximate cost would have been if we didn't own our timeshare. With two weeks in Aruba at the Ocean club for the past 4 years, and about 5 getaways through Interval (you pay for these, but they are extremely reasonable), we have brought our initial investment down to about $4,000. So, by the year 2005, we will have probably broke even. We will still pay the maintanance fee, but that is actually quite reasonable when you consider the many wonderful vacations you can take. We usually take advantage of the "getaways" in our area of the country, northeast. Just bought a one week (7 nights) stay in Falmouth, Cape Cod for my children for $199.00! That includes taxes, etc. The place was lovely, room was small but it was billed as an efficiency so no surprise. Only surprise was that it had a gas fireplace! Really neat for the cooler weather. Directly across from ocean. Now, it is off-season, but for that price, they got to see the Cape and my two grandchildren had a great time. The only thing I would recommend looking into, is buying a re-sale. This might be less money and (I believe) you'd still getting the same benefits. Best of luck to you on your decision. At least with this board, you can be better informed.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook