View Single Post
Old Tuesday, March 7th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Okay, okay, who is going in April?

No problem, elisa. Calling cards just seem the way to go, even here in the states, so I assumed Jim knew what I meant. I buy them so that I can call Aruba from home after I got charged $55 for a call.

What I liked about the Ventaha card this year is that after the first time you use it, one of the options, if you're using the same phone for every call, is that it recognize the card number and you only have to enter it once. It was a pain before having to dial all those numbers. Now it's the area code and number... bingo, you're there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabeth_nj
In laymans terms...that means we have prepaid phones for Aruba and just buy minutes when we get there. If you want to rent a phone we can give you the name of a great guy who has a booth right at the airport (for pickup and drop off). It will cost roughly 50.00 (for approx. 45 minutes of airtime, plus you can buy more) for the week and all incoming calls from the states are free (for you but not for the person calling you.)

I also find that the calling cards bought in Aruba are not accepted at alot of the phones around the island. Does anyone else have this problem (besides the LaCabana people as we all know what happened there)?

Sorry Elaine, if i never went to Aruba I would never know what a Ventaha card was!