View Single Post
Old Tuesday, March 7th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Almost Aruban

elisabeth_nj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Okay, okay, who is going in April?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine
OMG, did you crack me up! You have to have kids to appreciate this! I had an "emergency" call last October, they announced it at the pool. I ran to the phone in our room, scared to death. It was my 18 year old announcing she hurt her knee running, up at college and the fact that she made it to the ER with a friend and took care of it herself! Wasn't I proud of her, she wanted to know. After I got done yelling about the cost of the call to tell me this, she was very insulted, she thought that this was important for me to know!

Years ago, when she was with us, she would sneak phone calls home from our room at LaCabana. Charges on my AMEX would be $186 and up!

This year we are renting a phone for the week!

PS - what are black phones at LaCabana? I didn't know about them!
OK now you have me cracking up.....I told the kids that the phones in the room didn't work for the US so they never tried...TG!!!

The black phones were the ones down by the elevators that you could by the Ventaha cards and use them there! Only they took them out some time ago to force us to use the room phones!!! Well they are back. Last November Steven Jr. went to the PBV's and AM to try to call his girlfriend and none of their phones worked with the card either! They are apparently special phones you need to look for. All others are direct dial or maybe credit card calls...who knows!