Thread: Sun poisoning
View Single Post
Old Thursday, November 1st, 2007, 07:10 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sun poisoning

my first recommendation is the obvious. never miss using that sunscreen. you are fair skinned, start with at least spf 30. no matter what your friends tell you, our dematologist says that anything under 15 is a hazard for skin cancer so don't go below a 15. my husband has actually burned using 15.

to help ease sunburn, i would buy aruba aloe burn aid gel. it saved me on the few spots i missed. it really does ease the pain.

one other thing... the rash is often caused by oil based sunscreen. it blocks the pores and the rashes and bumps start. you might want to switch to an oil free sunscreen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFRI View Post
We were in Aruba back in 2004. I'm fair skinned with Swedish and Irish bloodlines. I almost always use sunscreen. Apply it 3-4 times a day when we were on the beach.

One day happened to be pretty overcast and I was lax. Next day had a rash on both legs. Nothing really helped. Maybe going in the water. Anyone else get sun poinoning while in Aruba? Any recommendations for relief.

This year, I don't care if I come back with a tan or not. Bringing 4 tubes of sunblock. And aloe. 43 days and counting.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook