View Single Post
Old Thursday, February 12th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default a new note to those renting units

recently we had what i consider a thief on our board. this person was finding prime timeshare rentals on timeshare forums and offering them, as if they were their own property, for rent on ours and possibly other aruba forums. today this person was caught in her lie when she tried to rent a timeshare to other people and the owner found out. what makes it worse is that this person didn't even hold claim in any way to that property. this person had not even rented it yet. that implies that this person possibly would have taken an unwary renter's money and never delivered the property. we had no way of knowing that this person was doing it until i received an email from the actual owner.

this problem has made us aware that others can be doing the same thing. this person has also made it a little tougher for anyone else multiple listing timeshare rentals with us. so i will warn you in advance that if you post many different timeshare rental weeks with our forum, be prepared to send me proof of ownership if i ask for it. if you don't own it, and are renting it, you are either a commercial realtor or a scam artist. neither is accepted on this board. if we find you are doing it we will ban you, announce it on the forum, and make sure that other forums are aware of you. what you do is unethical at the least and will not be tolerated.

Last edited by dwippies; Friday, February 13th, 2009 at 08:10 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook