View Single Post
Old Tuesday, November 10th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AA does it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
We have always flown Det-Mia-Aua and then same return. For the last 6-7 years have take AA 4 p.m. foight from Aua -Mia and then left Mia 7:30 to Det about 10:30. AA canceled 4 p.m. flight and rebooked us at 8:45 a.m. with a 10 1/2 layover in Miami. I called, expecting a huge battle to get my refund and was I surprised. They refunded the fare, the upgrade fee and all the miles I had used to upgrade to 1st class. The only problem is that when I tried to use miles on Delta, they were sold out. Best other deal is US Airways, thru Charlston. They are showing a 1 hour layover. Never been there and wondered if that gives anough time for making connecting flight to Aruba. Anyone flown thru there?
We have always had a problem whenever we fly AA through Miami. We absolutely will not connect through Miami even it means leaving a day later or earlier. There's just some kind bad voodoo whenever we travel through there. Missing luggage, cancelled flights, day long layovers...nice that AA was so helpful with the refund though....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook