View Single Post
Old Tuesday, January 5th, 2010, 01:13 PM

Intolerantbobj is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: a new note to those renting units

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocheles View Post
I AGREE WITH THE FINGER BIT. CUT THEM OFF.

I own a few weeks at the Renn and at LaQuinta.
So far so good. I usualy take half and as soon
as I receive the confirmation in their name I ask
for the second half before I forward them the
confirmation. I do not send it unless I receive
the cashiers check. If they don't want to work
it this way, that's ok too. They can always rent
from someone else. These renters deserve the
confirmation from the resort in their names.
Rae

Hello R,

Until this year we've rented to only friends or folks recommended by friends, and they usually just send me a check and I then forward the confirmation.
I did rent one week this year to a fellow whom I have never met, but everything has gone well and I hope he and his family enjoy the extra time they'll have at sunny Aruba. I did the same for him and he seemed pleased.

I was telling Dennis ( this site I believe ? ) about some Aruba Newspapers that I have saved .. mid + late 1970's ... I'm going to get the ' Puter Genius ' ( my youngest son ) to scan some of the photo's and stories and I'll post them here if it's okay ... talk about changes, wow !

Long before P B V or the Mega Joint beside us or Costa I told Aruban friends .. ' slam the brakes on this or you won't own your island any longer ' .. and now, well they no longer own their island .. their home.

I think back to the ' people ' I encountered when Aruba was a ' cute , quiet, crime-free, little island ' .. do I miss those friendly, outgoing people ... I wish they had taken the Bull-by-the-Horns, and I think they wish they had too.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook