View Single Post
Old Wednesday, April 28th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Aruba Expert

captmorgnsgrl is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Timeshare inquiry at Marriott Surf Club

Emky...looks like your hooked on Aruba. We own at the Aruba Beach Club and the Costa Linda. I have several timeshares, two I have purchased through retail and my Aruba timeshares were resales. Personally resales are the way to go, but that is just my opinion. After I purchased the two retail I could have kicked myself. I could have purchased the same units for less than half of what I purchased them at retail if we had not fallen for the sales pitch.

Just a suggestion, before you buy as others have suggested do your research. Do you want quiet or party atmosphere? check out the difference between Palm beach and Eagle beach? do you want to be right on the beach or don't mind a larger resort? If it's in your budget you may want to take another trip to Aruba and really check things out. Stay somewhere different, and check out some of the other resorts and ask to see any of the rooms that may not be occupied. Once you actually have checked them out you can start shopping price. It will save you a lot of money if you find a deal. check out these websites. www.redweek.com www.tug2.net www.timesharesonly.com www.holidaygroup.com I know the Costa Linda, Aruba Beach Club and the Casa del Mar have their own resale links on their websites. I am only speaking from experience, we went down twice before we actually purchased and I live in California. I figured it was an investment and I wanted to be comfortable in my home away from home and I am. I did a lot of research and found my Costa Linda timeshare on the holiday group website. I got it for a great price. I have used all the others I posted for rentals etc.

Hope this helped!

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook