Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Where to Stay

Where to Stay Questions, information, and reviews of mainstay as well as out-of-the-way hotels, apartments, and rental properties. To post a retail ad click here.

Old Wednesday, January 27th, 2010, 11:01 AM

sbh1006 is on a distinguished road
Default Best place to Rent Cars?

A group of 16 of us are coming to Aruba in April. We are looking to rent 3 cars - 2 full size and 1 7-passenger van. One of the families travelling with us owns a time share in Marriott SC where we are all staying. They have rented from Top Drive Rental before but I want to know what other people have used and would recommend. Anyone here know Royal Aruba Car Rental?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, January 27th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Best place to Rent Cars?

hi and welcome sbh.

this is a link to a thread that has a poll on car rentals. it should help a bit. we have seen a small number of complaints about royal but they were a while ago. recently, from what i have seen, people are pleased with them.

http://bb.visitaruba.com/f2/great-ca...-thread-10204/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh1006 View Post
A group of 16 of us are coming to Aruba in April. We are looking to rent 3 cars - 2 full size and 1 7-passenger van. One of the families travelling with us owns a time share in Marriott SC where we are all staying. They have rented from Top Drive Rental before but I want to know what other people have used and would recommend. Anyone here know Royal Aruba Car Rental?
Old Wednesday, January 27th, 2010, 11:29 AM

sbh1006 is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I was actually just reading that poll and the comments. You are right, Royal had a couple of bad comments but nothing bad in the last little while. I would not mind contacting Hans but if all he has is Yaris ... that might not work for us. We need at least one van and two Corolla or equivalent.
/Sherry
Old Wednesday, January 27th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

yes, hans is great but yaris is what he has. they seat 4 comfortably and 5 if you are very friendly, lol. royal may be your best bet because they carry a decent variety of cars at a reasonable rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh1006 View Post
Thanks, I was actually just reading that poll and the comments. You are right, Royal had a couple of bad comments but nothing bad in the last little while. I would not mind contacting Hans but if all he has is Yaris ... that might not work for us. We need at least one van and two Corolla or equivalent.
/Sherry
Old Wednesday, January 27th, 2010, 10:28 PM

tex0312 is on a distinguished road

I rent from RubaRent. They are right in the airport and the best price. Great selection of cars also. I have priced all of the rental agencies and they are the most reasonable and helpful. We have rented both a van and a Yaris. Also fyi when putting gas in the van they have large tanks. You'll never use all of the gas Good luck.
Their email rubarent@setarnet.aw
Their website www.rubarent-aruba.com

Last edited by tex0312; Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 at 10:35 PM.