Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Where to Stay

Where to Stay Questions, information, and reviews of mainstay as well as out-of-the-way hotels, apartments, and rental properties. To post a retail ad click here.

Old Friday, August 5th, 2005, 11:24 AM

mrderr is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island I have a Villa At Aruba Ocean Club for rent for next July 4th week

2 bedroom, 2 bath, Ocean View Villa at theMarriott Aruba Ocean Club, sleeps 8, fully equipped kitchen, two private balconies, king bed & Whirlpool tub in master bedroom, Queen bed & Queen Sleeper sofa in second bedroom, Queen sleper sofa in Living room area, Cable TV in Living area and both bedrooms. Free laundry facilities located on each floor. For more information and pictures see http://www.vacationclub.com/resorts/ab/resortGallery.jsp or e-mail me at mderr@lsu.edu

Last edited by mrderr; Friday, August 5th, 2005 at 12:09 PM. Reason: error in copy of post.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Friday, August 5th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Aruba Expert

ScubaDad49 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I have a Villa At Aruba Ocean Club for rent for next July 4th week

How can you say that it will be an upper floor?

Web: www.TimelessCandy.com
Old Friday, August 5th, 2005, 12:07 PM

Thank you for your question I already have the confirmation for the 2 bed room villa , ocean view, high floor. Actually I just checked the comfirmation and it only states that they have noted the request for the high room, so I need to change that statement in my ad. I can tell you I have owned the Timeshare for six years, always requested a high room and have never been assigned a villa below the fourth floor. This is the first time we have put it up for rent. Thanks for your question. I don't wnat to mislead anyone.
Old Friday, August 5th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Aruba Expert

The reason for the question is that I have also been an owner at the Ocean Club for 5 years. We have always gotten a high floor, normally 5 or 6, like we requested. This year we were put on the 3rd floor on the inside of the U and had a great view of the palm trees. But how much time do you really spend in your room?

Old Friday, August 5th, 2005, 02:30 PM

Smile Re: I have a Villa At Aruba Ocean Club for rent for next July 4th week

Again thanks for the tip. I have revised all my notices based on your information. You are right however, we don't spend much time in the unit, we often have all our grown kids and grandchildren with us and have several family dinners at our villa, between 9:00am and 7:00 pm are always out at the beach or pools, or off on some adventure. I have to tell you I've been to beaches on all three coasts of the US, and In the French and Italian Riveria, and in my openion there is nothing like Aruba's Palm Beach, or the hospality of the Arubian people anywhere. It is our home away from home.
Old Sunday, August 7th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Aruba Expert

th7799 is on a distinguished road

I have a question regarding the Ocean Club! We are planning a trip there in November. What is the current story with the palapas and the towels? Do you have to line up early in the morning to get a good piece of real estate (and do you know the numbers of the best ones) and is there still a thing with the color of the towels? I'm also wondering if you can go to the Surf Club and use the pool there.

Thanks,
Tere
Old Monday, August 8th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Aruba Expert

I'm not 100% sure about the palapas situation, but I believe it is a first come first serve basis. The towels are in your room. You exchange used ones for new ones at the towel hut by the pool snack bar. Each Marriott property has a different colored towel. The hotel are blue, the Ocean Club are peach and white stripes, and the Surf Club are yellow and white stripes. Yes you can use the Surf Club pool for now. Once the Surf Club is complete, you won't.

Old Monday, August 8th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Aruba Expert

I stand corrected:

Resort Pool Towel Procedures:
* Pool towels are provided in your villa and are part of your in room inventory
* 4 towels per room number can be exchanged once per day at the towel hut during opening hours
* There is a charge for missing pool towels
* Pool operation hours: 7.30am to 10pm. No Smoking:
Smoking is not allowed in the lobby and in and around the pool area. Please refrain from smoking at these areas. Thank you for not smoking!

Palapas (beach huts) Reservations
Marriott’s Aruba Ocean Club owners and guests are able to rent or reserve the resort’s palapas. Fifty percent of these huts are available for reservations at a nominal fee; and the remaining 50% of the huts are distributed on a first come first serve basis at no charge. The reservation fee is set at US$15 per day for the first 2 front rows (half of the total front rows) and US$10 per day for the rest of the rows (half of the total). In order to accommodate all owners and give everyone a fair opportunity to use a hut, you are welcome to reserve a hut for a maximum of 3 days (of your choice) at a time. To distribute the huts on a consistent and fair basis, the odd numbered palapas are for reservation and the even numbered palapas are on a first come first serve basis. Any unreserved huts will be added to the pool and issued as mentioned above.

http://www.arubaoceanclub.com/pages/resort.htm