Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare & Vacation Properties > Aruba Timeshare for Rent

Aruba Timeshare for Rent Here you can list your Aruba Timeshare unit for Rent! (Aruba and individuals rentals only, please contact webmaster for multiple listings!)

Old Wednesday, November 11th, 2009, 12:04 PM

murphy is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Where to advertise?

just wondering where everyone advertises their timeshares for rent?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, November 11th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where to advertise?

well, normally i would say directly in this section which makes perfect sense, lol and confuses me since you are in the section and asked about where to advertise, but you gave me a chance to start explaining a new rule that will make life so much easier for everyone. i will be posting the rule for all to read within the next few days but i'll brief you on it here.

for a long time we used timeshares for rent and timeshares for sale to post rentals and sales and asked people to leave the specific timeshare forums for questions and answers. we did this at the request of some owners that wanted to separate anything to do with rentals from the Q&A sections for timeshares.

however, we have been rethinking this. the section we are in as well as the sales sections are really difficult for people to search thru. it is hard enough to look for dates and weeks. add the complication of finding the specific timeshare you want to look for and it becomes a PITA. so, in the near future we will be shutting down the timeshare for rent and sale sections and asking our members to post rentals in the specific timeshare section.

murphy, other than that, i would suggest that if your timeshare itself has an owner's corner, you post there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy View Post
just wondering where everyone advertises their timeshares for rent?
Old Thursday, November 12th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Aruba Expert

PhoenixGirl is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Where to advertise?

Sherry,
Can you also ask owners to post the week (and dates) and the price and the unit number if possible? The very first question everyone asks is "what is the price?" so I am wondering why people don't post that up front?
Old Thursday, November 12th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where to advertise?

there are several things i would love to see, price and unit number make total sense, dates as well as week number so those who are unfamiliar with the specific timeshare have no clue of the dates vs week number. however, the thing i wish people would NOT post is their email addresses. they open themselves to so much jeopardy doing that when pivate messages can be used just as easily.

when i go to write the rules, will you please remind me again in case i forget? you know, this is an aging mind in an old body, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixGirl View Post
Sherry,
Can you also ask owners to post the week (and dates) and the price and the unit number if possible? The very first question everyone asks is "what is the price?" so I am wondering why people don't post that up front?