Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba Weddings and Honeymoons

Aruba Weddings and Honeymoons Your place to become a bridezilla or a princess.

Old Friday, July 29th, 2011, 03:23 PM

angie rey wood is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Hello everybody!!

Hi!!!Yes I am another bride to be, searching for help!
We are visiting Aruba in October to book our wedding for may 2013. we want to have a church blessing after the town hall ceremony, as I am catholic I have been looking for months for a priest to bless our union, I have contacted a couple of wedding coordinators to help me arrange it, but they say that because my partner is not catholic, it will not be possible. I have been told that we could take our own priest but we can not afford it. It is really important to us to have the blessing in a church so I keep searching for help. I sent an email to a priest a month ago, but he has not reply. I also looked into having a christian blessing as my partner is christian, but the reverend did not reply neither.
If you know anybody that may be able to help us, could you please let me know. I read in the forum that you could have a blessing by a clergy in the chuch, and also read about a church in paradera that will do weddings for non residents.
Thank you,
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, August 4th, 2011, 02:33 PM

islanddog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello everybody!!

hello from the sunny state of new york. i don't know where you are staying, but some of the better hotels and time shares have great concierges. they are connested to everything and everybody. you may consider talking to them by calling your accomodation directly. if i may offer a suggestion for a church, the alto vista chapel is in a very inspiring environment, way up on a hill overlooking the sea. breathtaking views, and a very beautiful old little building. well maintained, and just a lovely place to take pictures you will remember always. good luck.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, September 22nd, 2011, 06:21 AM

Cassandra is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello everybody!!

Hi Angie,

Have you had contact with Reverend Gibson. I am not sure, but he maybe able to help. Please check out www.arubaeloquent.com. Good luck!