Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Monday, November 9th, 2009, 04:16 PM

john is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba AA does it again

We have always flown Det-Mia-Aua and then same return. For the last 6-7 years have take AA 4 p.m. foight from Aua -Mia and then left Mia 7:30 to Det about 10:30. AA canceled 4 p.m. flight and rebooked us at 8:45 a.m. with a 10 1/2 layover in Miami. I called, expecting a huge battle to get my refund and was I surprised. They refunded the fare, the upgrade fee and all the miles I had used to upgrade to 1st class. The only problem is that when I tried to use miles on Delta, they were sold out. Best other deal is US Airways, thru Charlston. They are showing a 1 hour layover. Never been there and wondered if that gives anough time for making connecting flight to Aruba. Anyone flown thru there?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Monday, November 9th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Aruba Expert

JohnJT is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AA does it again

There are 5 concourses. As I recall, there are moving sidewalks between them. Haven't flown to AUA from CLT since 2006.
Old Tuesday, November 10th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Almost Aruban

seashelldiver is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: AA does it again

John.....I gave up on AA due to them canceling the Puerto Rico route and they are always so expensive.....I've flown US Airways via Det to Charlotte North Carolina.....as far as I know US Airways have no flights going Detroit-Charleston, S.C.-Aruba.....I think your flying thru Charlotte North Carolina, if that is the case the airport is not huge and I have done the one hour lay over there and got to the next flight to Aruba in plenty of time, I believe last year it was just four waiting areas away from where we landed.....
Old Tuesday, November 10th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Aruba Expert

Eagle-Beach Boy is on a distinguished road

I would say 1 hour is enough at Charlotte. From one end to the other is about 25 minutes at most.
I have a 1 hour layover as well going down and feel it is enough time.

Old Tuesday, November 10th, 2009, 05:00 PM

john is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: AA does it again

You are right-it is thru Charlotte, but I have found another Delta flight from Flint-Atlanta-Aua. Cost is a little more, but so much more convenient. We love leaving from Flint instead of Detroit
Old Tuesday, November 10th, 2009, 09:00 PM

phillyboater is on a distinguished road

Flew US Air AUA-CLT-PHL last Nov just two days before Thanksgiving. Arrived at one gate and departed just one gate away. Had dinner and still time to spare. One hour is more than enough time.
Old Tuesday, November 10th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
We have always flown Det-Mia-Aua and then same return. For the last 6-7 years have take AA 4 p.m. foight from Aua -Mia and then left Mia 7:30 to Det about 10:30. AA canceled 4 p.m. flight and rebooked us at 8:45 a.m. with a 10 1/2 layover in Miami. I called, expecting a huge battle to get my refund and was I surprised. They refunded the fare, the upgrade fee and all the miles I had used to upgrade to 1st class. The only problem is that when I tried to use miles on Delta, they were sold out. Best other deal is US Airways, thru Charlston. They are showing a 1 hour layover. Never been there and wondered if that gives anough time for making connecting flight to Aruba. Anyone flown thru there?
We have always had a problem whenever we fly AA through Miami. We absolutely will not connect through Miami even it means leaving a day later or earlier. There's just some kind bad voodoo whenever we travel through there. Missing luggage, cancelled flights, day long layovers...nice that AA was so helpful with the refund though....