Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Sunday, January 9th, 2011, 10:45 AM

campkanc is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Amici's

Good Morning Folks!!
It has been a long time since either my wife or I have posted on the forum. I have been reading the threads quite religiously but forgot that Jan had registered as a member a few years ago.
I really love the information that is available through this forum and the insight that is attainable from our collective experiences and adventures.
One thing that I have read, that really disturbed us, is the closing of Amici's at Palm Beach. This was one of our favorite little places to go for a light late dinner and to listen to Lenny Lake sing on the patio outside. Is this spot vacant now or is there some other little endeavor located here?
Thanks for any info you could lend. I look forward to hearing more of your stories and seeing more pictures. Perhaps I will get more into the bb and post some of our pics once we return from our 'Aruba Home' in mid March.
Take Care everyone and safe travels!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, January 9th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Amici's

I used to be mainly a reader as well, and would be more active in the couple of months before a trip. Now, I'm pretty much a daily visitor and am quite addicted to the board and all my friends here. If you enjoy it 1/2 as much as I do, you'll have a blast.

I notice you're from North Conway. We're from NY and have been going up to Jackson for about 20 years. Nice country up there. We have friends who own a cabin in Jackson, and they also join us in Aruba annually in March. If time permits, maybe we can meet up for cocktails in paradise?

Old Sunday, January 9th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Aruba Expert

ArubaMary is on a distinguished road

Welcome back to this great forum. You're from a great area in New Hampshire. I am on the border of Massachusetts/New Hampshire----my main home is in Methuen and my summer home is North Salisbury Beach, MA----I can 'see' New Hampshire from my deck. I will be in Aruba in less than three weeks. Looking forward to four weeks in Paradise.
Old Sunday, January 9th, 2011, 02:24 PM

Thanks for the replies!! We will be in Aruba from the 21st of Feb. thru the 14th of March and staying at Camacuri. We have spent most of our stays at Paradise Beach Villas. Any place on the island is a wonderful place to be though!! Where do you folks, Aruba Mary and Roschone, stay while on the island?
Old Sunday, January 9th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by campkanc View Post
Thanks for the replies!! We will be in Aruba from the 21st of Feb. thru the 14th of March and staying at Camacuri. We have spent most of our stays at Paradise Beach Villas. Any place on the island is a wonderful place to be though!! Where do you folks, Aruba Mary and Roschone, stay while on the island?
We are at Divi Village for 2 weeks, and for the first time this year, are spending our 3rd week at Club Arias in Savaneta. Looks like we overlap for about 9 days - we arrive 3/5 and leave 3/29. I know I should know this, but where is Camacuri?

Old Sunday, January 9th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Aruba Expert

ArubaMary is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I will be in Aruba from January 29 through February 26, and will be at the Aruba Beach Club.
Old Wednesday, January 12th, 2011, 07:26 PM

To answer your question Roschone, Camacuri is located between the airport and Oranjestad, not too far off the beaten path. It is not on the water, but, as with anything on the island, is not very far away.
This will be our first time to Camacuri. The three previous trips were to Paradise Beach Villas and the first was LaCabana.
Think Sun, Wind, Sea and Fun
Old Wednesday, January 12th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Aruba Expert

Thanks for the reply. We are trying a week off the beaten path ourselves this year in Savaneta. Like you said, nothing is very far. And I AM thinking sun, wind, sea and fun. It's all I think about now.

Old Friday, January 14th, 2011, 09:57 PM

mafalda is on a distinguished road

I see nobody has answered the original question...
yes, amici is closed...and so far, there is only construction or remodelling...at the place where they used to be....

Quote:
Good Morning Folks!!
It has been a long time since either my wife or I have posted on the forum. I have been reading the threads quite religiously but forgot that Jan had registered as a member a few years ago.
I really love the information that is available through this forum and the insight that is attainable from our collective experiences and adventures.
One thing that I have read, that really disturbed us, is the closing of Amici's at Palm Beach. This was one of our favorite little places to go for a light late dinner and to listen to Lenny Lake sing on the patio outside. Is this spot vacant now or is there some other little endeavor located here?
Thanks for any info you could lend. I look forward to hearing more of your stories and seeing more pictures. Perhaps I will get more into the bb and post some of our pics once we return from our 'Aruba Home' in mid March.
Take Care everyone and safe travels!!
Old Sunday, January 16th, 2011, 02:18 AM

Thanks Mafalda for answering the original question! It is too bad that Amici's is no longer there. Jan and I really loved the atmosphere, the food, and the staff, not to mention listening to Lenny Lake on Fridays and Sundays. Hopefully there will be another little sidewalk cafe to take the spot.
Thanks again for the answer, and thank you to everyone for the comments and posts!
Looking forward to our three weeks in paradise!!!