Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Thursday, February 5th, 2009, 12:13 PM

arubasurfclubcanada is on a distinguished road
Default Aruba Royal Car Rental

anybody have any good or bad things to say about them. I want to use them for 2 weeks, but I never used them but there prices are the best.

Jim
arubasurfclub@yahoo.ca
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, February 5th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aruba Royal Car Rental

jim, here is our rental car poll. i see 6 positives and no negatives. i guess that's a start, lol.

http://bb.visitaruba.com/f2/great-ca...-thread-10204/

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubasurfclubcanada View Post
anybody have any good or bad things to say about them. I want to use them for 2 weeks, but I never used them but there prices are the best.
Old Thursday, February 5th, 2009, 03:56 PM

Tom and Pam is on a distinguished road

I have used Royal a few times and did not have trouble with them. They also give you a free cell phone but you need to ask. . . Cars are not new but they get you all around the island. . I would use them again with no problem. Be advised, that a friend of ours is going the first of March and ALL their cars are rented out. . . .

Tom and Pam
Old Thursday, February 5th, 2009, 10:15 PM

dot1 is on a distinguished road

I know many people are satisfied with them but I did not have a good experience with them this past January. I made my reservation for 18 days with Royal for a compact car. Upon arriving at the airport in January I was shuttled to their office across the street from the airport. It was about 4PM Aruba time and they informed me that the only vehicle they had available was a not too new looking pickup truck. As I am crippled and use a walker, I looked at them in disbelief and told them that is not what I reserved and I couldn't possibly even get into a pickup truck. They insisted 3 more times that was all they had available. I said what do I do now, I can not even get into a pickup truck and here I am across the street from the airport with my luggage and no where near a car rental place. Finally, one of them said he would call some other company and see if they had anything. It ended up that I got a 2002 Toyota from some local company.
Old Friday, February 6th, 2009, 07:28 PM

Sully56 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about your expierience with Royal. We have used them several times and have never had a problem. One year I even had a license plate stollen while we were dinning at the Driftwood, and when I called them and polizia I was told don't worry just put the front plate on the back and they'll take care of it once I turn the car in. We'll be there again in 29 days and if they were to try and switch up on me I'd just take a cab to the resort and start fresh in the morning.
Old Saturday, February 7th, 2009, 09:04 PM

phillyboater is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear of your problem with Royal. I have always had a good experience with them. Last time ended up with a larger car for the same price as what I reserved.
Old Saturday, February 7th, 2009, 11:38 PM

tinad is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Aruba Royal Car Rental

I have used Royal twice with no problems. I did have a friend that was promised a PT Cruiser and when they arrived no PT Cruiser but they did have a car for them and even reduced their rate significantly.I found Royal to honest and their cars in better condition that some of the other companis. Also, I arriver 2 weeks after my friend above and we were offered a PT Cruiser Convert. , we declined.We will rent from Royal again.Sorry to hear you had problems.