Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Wednesday, May 12th, 2004, 08:10 AM

Mike C is on a distinguished road
Default Aruba Weather And Rain

We got back from Aruba May 10. Before we went I followed the BB very closely and I followed the weather reports. All it showed was rain, every day. We got there the 3rd of May and for 7 days we did not see a single drop of rain. All we saw was sunshine and some clouds. Weather was beautiful as usual. On Monday the 10th we did see the day start out overcast but that cleared also. It might have rained some where but not at the Radisson.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, May 12th, 2004, 08:36 AM

andrea j. is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aruba Weather And Rain

glad that you had fine weather
a pop up shower can happen anytime in Aruba, but mostly the showers last just a few minutes. (except for last fall when there were deluges)

i think that the weather forecasters always put rain in ther forecast to cover all bases.
Old Wednesday, May 12th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Aruba Expert

ScubaBOS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C
We got back from Aruba May 10. Before we went I followed the BB very closely and I followed the weather reports. All it showed was rain, every day. We got there the 3rd of May and for 7 days we did not see a single drop of rain. All we saw was sunshine and some clouds. Weather was beautiful as usual. On Monday the 10th we did see the day start out overcast but that cleared also. It might have rained some where but not at the Radisson.
Your experience is what typically happens. Clouds are common, but thet never stay in one spot for long. But you do get those random occasional days when the weather pulls a fast one.

Aruba for me
Old Wednesday, May 12th, 2004, 10:54 AM
Almost Aruban

kevin d is on a distinguished road

On our first trip I learned that lesson - we were at Baby Beach, and we could see it was about to rain. We gathered up all our stuff and got to the car just as the rain started. By the time we pulled out of the parking area it was stopping, and we ended up spending the rest of the day at Rodgers Beach.

The moral of the story is, plan on nice weather, Aruba is famous for it. If it does rain, it will most likely be very brief and a welcome break from the sun, which will be back with a vengeance very soon. Don't pay attention to what the weatherman says, he's probably never been to One Happy Island.