Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 09:41 AM
donnie's Avatar
donnie donnie is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 29th, 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,548
donnie is on a distinguished road
Default An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Three men were hiking through a forest when they came upon a large,
raging, violent river. Needing to get on the other side, the first man
prayed, "God, please give me the strength to cross the river."

Poof! God gave him big arms and strong legs and he was able to swim
across in about 2 hours, having almost drowned twice.

After witnessing that, the second man prayed, "God, please give me
strength and the tools to cross the river."

Poof! God gave him a rowboat and strong arms and strong legs and he was
able to row across in about an
hour after almost capsizing once.

Seeing what happened to the first two men, the third man prayed,
"God,please give me the strength, the
tools and the intelligence to cross the river."

Poof! He was turned into a woman. She checked the map, hiked one
hundred yards up stream and walked across the bridge.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #2  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 09:43 AM
susanna's Avatar
susanna susanna is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: January 3rd, 2005
Location: Shawinigan-Sud,Quebec, Canada
Posts: 697
susanna is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnie
Three men were hiking through a forest when they came upon a large,
raging, violent river. Needing to get on the other side, the first man
prayed, "God, please give me the strength to cross the river."

Poof! God gave him big arms and strong legs and he was able to swim
across in about 2 hours, having almost drowned twice.

After witnessing that, the second man prayed, "God, please give me
strength and the tools to cross the river."

Poof! God gave him a rowboat and strong arms and strong legs and he was
able to row across in about an
hour after almost capsizing once.

Seeing what happened to the first two men, the third man prayed,
"God,please give me the strength, the
tools and the intelligence to cross the river."

Poof! He was turned into a woman. She checked the map, hiked one
hundred yards up stream and walked across the bridge.
Ohhhh Donnie, you are one braaaaave man. Of COURSE he turned into a woman, we always know that there has to be a better way!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #3  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 09:47 AM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 53
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

that's the 'noodle syndrome'

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanna
Ohhhh Donnie, you are one braaaaave man. Of COURSE he turned into a woman, we always know that there has to be a better way!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #4  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 09:48 AM
donnie's Avatar
donnie donnie is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 29th, 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,548
donnie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanna
Ohhhh Donnie, you are one braaaaave man. Of COURSE he turned into a woman, we always know that there has to be a better way!!!
I must have lost my mind for a second there!!! No I give credit where credit is due. The women on this board are great and should be given a pat on the back!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #5  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 09:49 AM
donnie's Avatar
donnie donnie is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 29th, 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,548
donnie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry
that's the 'noodle syndrome'
Us men can't get away from that.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #6  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 10:47 AM
hooville1's Avatar
hooville1 hooville1 is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 23rd, 2004
Location: VA
Posts: 435
hooville1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

See Donnie.. I knew you were a closet comedian! LOL!
__________________
Wahoowa
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #7  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 10:52 AM
donnie's Avatar
donnie donnie is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 29th, 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,548
donnie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooville1
See Donnie.. I knew you were a closet comedian! LOL!
Thanks Hoo. I'm out and I'm lovin every minute of it!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #8  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Corrine's Avatar
Corrine Corrine is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 27th, 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,430
Corrine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Subject: Husbands

Another truism about husbands:

Stephanie's husband had been slipping in and out of a coma for several
months, yet she had stayed by his bedside each and every day.

One day, when he came to, he motioned for her to come nearer.

As she sat by him, he whispered, eyes full of tears, "You know what?

You have been with me all through the bad times.

When I got fired, you were there to support me.

When my business failed, you were there.

When I got shot, you were by my side.

When we lost the house, you stayed right here.

When my health started failing, you were still by my side.

You know what?"

"What, dear?" Stephanie gently asked, smiling as her heart began to fill
with warmth.



"I think you're bad luck."
__________________


Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #9  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 11:23 AM
hookedonaruba's Avatar
hookedonaruba hookedonaruba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 6th, 2005
Location: New Castle, PA
Age: 69
Posts: 205
hookedonaruba is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

I am new to the board & have been enjoying reading all of your funnies. Can anyone join in as long as they are clean??????
__________________
We ARUBA!!
January 12, 2011
CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #10  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Our Mistress, excuse me, our Moderator has been very lenient hooked, come on onboard!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonaruba
I am new to the board & have been enjoying reading all of your funnies. Can anyone join in as long as they are clean??????
__________________
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #11  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 11:27 AM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 53
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

of course you can. the moment you signed up you became a part of the family. welcome, enjoy and contribute anywhere you want. remember PG-13!!!!! hahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonaruba
I am new to the board & have been enjoying reading all of your funnies. Can anyone join in as long as they are clean??????
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #12  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 11:34 AM
hookedonaruba's Avatar
hookedonaruba hookedonaruba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 6th, 2005
Location: New Castle, PA
Age: 69
Posts: 205
hookedonaruba is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Ok here goes.......(I have been noticing some Western Pennsylvanians on the board--me too--so this might make you laugh)


Three men were traveling and happened to meet at a bar in Ohio. One man was from Texas, one from North Carolina, and one from Pennsylvania.

They got acquainted and started talking about their problems with their wives.



The guy from Texas began by saying, "I told my wife in no uncertain terms that from now on she would have to do all of the cooking. Well the first day after I told her, I saw nothing. The second day I saw nothing.

But on the third day when I came home from work, the table was set, a wonderful dinner was prepared with wine and even dessert."


Then the man from North Carolina spoke up, "I sat my wife down and told her that she would have to do the shopping and also do the cleaning. The first day I saw nothing. The second day I saw nothing. But on the third day when I came home, the whole house was spotless, and in the pantry the shelves were filled with groceries.


The fellow from Pennsylvania was married to an enlightened woman from the Pittsburgh area. He sat up straight on the bar stool, pushed out his chest and said, "I gave my wife a stern look and told her, that from now on she would have to do the cooking, shopping and house cleaning. Well the first day I saw nothing. The second day I still saw nothing. But on the third day, I could see a little bit out of my left eye...
__________________
We ARUBA!!
January 12, 2011
CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #13  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 11:35 AM
donnie's Avatar
donnie donnie is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 29th, 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,548
donnie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonaruba
I am new to the board & have been enjoying reading all of your funnies. Can anyone join in as long as they are clean??????
Welcome to the board hooked. Anyone from PA can join in!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #14  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 11:57 AM
captmorgnsgrl's Avatar
captmorgnsgrl captmorgnsgrl is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 5th, 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 996
captmorgnsgrl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

A drunken man walks into a biker bar, sits down at the bar and orders a drink. Looking around, he sees three men sitting at a corner table. He gets up, staggers to the table, leans over, looks the biggest, meanest, biker in the face and says: "I went by your grandma's house today and I saw her in the hallway buck naked. Man, she is one fine looking woman!"
The biker looks at him and doesn't say a word. His buddies are confused, because he is one bad biker and would fight at the drop of a hat.
The drunk leans on the table again and says: "I got it on with your grandma and she is good, the best I ever had!"
The biker's buddies are starting to get really mad but the biker still says nothing.
The drunk leans on the table one more time and says, "I'll tell you something else, boy, your grandma liked it!"
At this point the biker stands up, takes the drunk by the shoulders looks him square in the eyes and says,


"Grandpa,....... Go home, you're drunk
__________________
Aruba, no other place like it!

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #15  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 12:00 PM
captmorgnsgrl's Avatar
captmorgnsgrl captmorgnsgrl is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 5th, 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 996
captmorgnsgrl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

So glad this thread was started...I was getting tired of lurking...need to be able to type something to my friends...I miss all the bantering....


Suzie
__________________
Aruba, no other place like it!

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #16  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 12:39 PM
susanna's Avatar
susanna susanna is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: January 3rd, 2005
Location: Shawinigan-Sud,Quebec, Canada
Posts: 697
susanna is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by captmorgnsgrl
A drunken man walks into a biker bar, sits down at the bar and orders a drink. Looking around, he sees three men sitting at a corner table. He gets up, staggers to the table, leans over, looks the biggest, meanest, biker in the face and says: "I went by your grandma's house today and I saw her in the hallway buck naked. Man, she is one fine looking woman!"
The biker looks at him and doesn't say a word. His buddies are confused, because he is one bad biker and would fight at the drop of a hat.
The drunk leans on the table again and says: "I got it on with your grandma and she is good, the best I ever had!"
The biker's buddies are starting to get really mad but the biker still says nothing.
The drunk leans on the table one more time and says, "I'll tell you something else, boy, your grandma liked it!"
At this point the biker stands up, takes the drunk by the shoulders looks him square in the eyes and says,


"Grandpa,....... Go home, you're drunk
good one!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #17  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 04:13 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 53
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

loved it hooked...you are truly and officially one of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonaruba
Ok here goes.......(I have been noticing some Western Pennsylvanians on the board--me too--so this might make you laugh)


Three men were traveling and happened to meet at a bar in Ohio. One man was from Texas, one from North Carolina, and one from Pennsylvania.

They got acquainted and started talking about their problems with their wives.



The guy from Texas began by saying, "I told my wife in no uncertain terms that from now on she would have to do all of the cooking. Well the first day after I told her, I saw nothing. The second day I saw nothing.

But on the third day when I came home from work, the table was set, a wonderful dinner was prepared with wine and even dessert."


Then the man from North Carolina spoke up, "I sat my wife down and told her that she would have to do the shopping and also do the cleaning. The first day I saw nothing. The second day I saw nothing. But on the third day when I came home, the whole house was spotless, and in the pantry the shelves were filled with groceries.


The fellow from Pennsylvania was married to an enlightened woman from the Pittsburgh area. He sat up straight on the bar stool, pushed out his chest and said, "I gave my wife a stern look and told her, that from now on she would have to do the cooking, shopping and house cleaning. Well the first day I saw nothing. The second day I still saw nothing. But on the third day, I could see a little bit out of my left eye...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #18  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 04:23 PM
hookedonaruba's Avatar
hookedonaruba hookedonaruba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 6th, 2005
Location: New Castle, PA
Age: 69
Posts: 205
hookedonaruba is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

I thought that one might go over well. Maybe tomorrow I'll post more if the thread is still going strong--I've been saving jokes for years from email so I have lots!! You all are pretty funny, I have been enjoying reading everyones posts in the few days I've been on the board.
__________________
We ARUBA!!
January 12, 2011
CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #19  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 04:37 PM
donnie's Avatar
donnie donnie is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 29th, 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,548
donnie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonaruba
I thought that one might go over well. Maybe tomorrow I'll post more if the thread is still going strong--I've been saving jokes for years from email so I have lots!! You all are pretty funny, I have been enjoying reading everyones posts in the few days I've been on the board.
Glad you enjoyed our posts hooked. Now the question becomes, when is your trip to paradise and have you been there before?
Bring the jokes on. We all have a great sense of humor.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #20  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry
loved it hooked...you are truly and officially one of us!
Uh oh hooked, I'm not sure if that's good or bad! lol
__________________
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #21  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 04:44 PM
donnie's Avatar
donnie donnie is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 29th, 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,548
donnie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S
Uh oh hooked, I'm not sure if that's good or bad! lol
hooked is a Pennsylvanian Elaine so that is a good thing!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #22  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnie
hooked is a Pennsylvanian Elaine so that is a good thing!!!
I saw!! Is everybody from western Pennsylvania??? I feel left out in the cold here!! lol
__________________
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #23  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 04:45 PM
hookedonaruba's Avatar
hookedonaruba hookedonaruba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 6th, 2005
Location: New Castle, PA
Age: 69
Posts: 205
hookedonaruba is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

We have been to Aruba twice--January 2004 & January 2005, this year we bought a vacation points/timeshare because we love it so much. Friends of ours(that we now travel with to Aruba) have been visiting Aruba annually for the last 10 years or so & asked us to join them for many years. 2004 we were able to join them at the last minute & I must say It was everything & more than they said it was. We'll be there January 26 thru 29th, 2006. It can't come soon enough. I'm ready to go again right now!! If I hit the lottery before January, you'll know where to find me!!!!!!
When do you all visit paradise???? Where do you stay???
__________________
We ARUBA!!
January 12, 2011
CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #24  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 04:47 PM
donnie's Avatar
donnie donnie is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 29th, 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,548
donnie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S
I saw!! Is everybody from western Pennsylvania??? I feel left out in the cold here!! lol
Never Elaine. We are Pennsylvnian first and always. We are in this together!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #25  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonaruba
We have been to Aruba twice--January 2004 & January 2005, this year we bought a vacation points/timeshare because we love it so much. Friends of ours(that we now travel with to Aruba) have been visiting Aruba annually for the last 10 years or so & asked us to join them for many years. 2004 we were able to join them at the last minute & I must say It was everything & more than they said it was. We'll be there January 26 thru 29th, 2006. It can't come soon enough. I'm ready to go again right now!! If I hit the lottery before January, you'll know where to find me!!!!!!
When do you all visit paradise???? Where do you stay???
Hooked... you're only going for 3 days?? I'll be there from Feb. 4th until the 25th and I own at ABC. It will be my 12th year.
__________________
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #26  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 04:49 PM
donnie's Avatar
donnie donnie is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 29th, 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,548
donnie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonaruba
We have been to Aruba twice--January 2004 & January 2005, this year we bought a vacation points/timeshare because we love it so much. Friends of ours(that we now travel with to Aruba) have been visiting Aruba annually for the last 10 years or so & asked us to join them for many years. 2004 we were able to join them at the last minute & I must say It was everything & more than they said it was. We'll be there January 26 thru 29th, 2006. It can't come soon enough. I'm ready to go again right now!! If I hit the lottery before January, you'll know where to find me!!!!!!
When do you all visit paradise???? Where do you stay???
OK hooked. We go at the end of June and beginning of July and stay at the Tam. This will be year #7 for us and we do love it! Where will you be staying?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #27  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 04:50 PM
hookedonaruba's Avatar
hookedonaruba hookedonaruba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 6th, 2005
Location: New Castle, PA
Age: 69
Posts: 205
hookedonaruba is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Sorry, been workin all day we will be there from january 12th - 29th, 2006---3 days would never be enough!!!!!
__________________
We ARUBA!!
January 12, 2011
CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #28  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 04:52 PM
hookedonaruba's Avatar
hookedonaruba hookedonaruba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 6th, 2005
Location: New Castle, PA
Age: 69
Posts: 205
hookedonaruba is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

We bought at LaCabana, but have never stayed there---we hope it is nice. But who cares it's Aruba!!!!!!
__________________
We ARUBA!!
January 12, 2011
CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #29  
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Corrine's Avatar
Corrine Corrine is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 27th, 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,430
Corrine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonaruba
We bought at LaCabana, but have never stayed there---we hope it is nice. But who cares it's Aruba!!!!!!

Welcome, hooked! I went to Aruba for the first time 5 years ago, using my husband's boss's timeshare in Aruba at LaCabana. We were so in love we bought a week there ourselves.

LaCabana is clean, roomy, lots of fun people and the staff is first rate. Try the Islander Grill next to the pool or Pasta Possibilities for lunch - very good. Happy Hour is at 4:30 everyday! I do not recommend the restaurants there for dinner. Check out some of our reviews on the review thread for some other ideas.

And remember, if you want reservations for anything, from dinner to boat rides, just go to the Guest Relations desk in the main lobby. Upstairs in the main lobby is an internet cafe.

PS - also the Dunkin Donuts in the back for breakfast.

Any other questions, let me know!
__________________


Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #30  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 10:51 AM
hookedonaruba's Avatar
hookedonaruba hookedonaruba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 6th, 2005
Location: New Castle, PA
Age: 69
Posts: 205
hookedonaruba is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine
Welcome, hooked! I went to Aruba for the first time 5 years ago, using my husband's boss's timeshare in Aruba at LaCabana. We were so in love we bought a week there ourselves.

LaCabana is clean, roomy, lots of fun people and the staff is first rate. Try the Islander Grill next to the pool or Pasta Possibilities for lunch - very good. Happy Hour is at 4:30 everyday! I do not recommend the restaurants there for dinner. Check out some of our reviews on the review thread for some other ideas.

And remember, if you want reservations for anything, from dinner to boat rides, just go to the Guest Relations desk in the main lobby. Upstairs in the main lobby is an internet cafe.

PS - also the Dunkin Donuts in the back for breakfast.

Any other questions, let me know!


Thanks Corrine for the info & the welcome! Sorry I'm just now getting back to you but I am only on the board when i'm at work 8am to 5pm cause my computer at home is sick right now. It's in rehab & should be well soon.
We don't care much about leaving to have dinner at night since the food in Aruba is soooooooooo wonderful! We do (at least the guys) care about Happy Hours----although being in Aruba seems to be one BIG happy hour!! We were at LaCabana for Happy Hour the day we took the tour/presentation.
I have been checking out the restaurant reviews & I even gave a few! Our favorites are Le Petit, Don Carlos & friends of ours (actually the couple we travel with) own Bingo's. One of the owners was manager/bartender at the Kokoa Bar on a dock on the beach between the Radisson & Wyndham---we had many "fun" times there!!!!!
When do you visit Aruba?
__________________
We ARUBA!!
January 12, 2011
CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #31  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Corrine's Avatar
Corrine Corrine is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 27th, 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,430
Corrine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonaruba
Thanks Corrine for the info & the welcome! Sorry I'm just now getting back to you but I am only on the board when i'm at work 8am to 5pm cause my computer at home is sick right now. It's in rehab & should be well soon.
We don't care much about leaving to have dinner at night since the food in Aruba is soooooooooo wonderful! We do (at least the guys) care about Happy Hours----although being in Aruba seems to be one BIG happy hour!! We were at LaCabana for Happy Hour the day we took the tour/presentation.
I have been checking out the restaurant reviews & I even gave a few! Our favorites are Le Petit, Don Carlos & friends of ours (actually the couple we travel with) own Bingo's. One of the owners was manager/bartender at the Kokoa Bar on a dock on the beach between the Radisson & Wyndham---we had many "fun" times there!!!!!
When do you visit Aruba?
I usually go in April, which is my timeshare week. This year I'm going in October (and seem to be the only one on 2 BBs going Oct. 22 ) after going to London in April.

Next year - back to April. I think you will really like LaCabana. I can't think of anything negative, except maybe it's pretty crowded during school vacation weeks.
__________________


Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #32  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 11:09 AM
hookedonaruba's Avatar
hookedonaruba hookedonaruba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 6th, 2005
Location: New Castle, PA
Age: 69
Posts: 205
hookedonaruba is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

BTW--is that you in the pic? I have to go thru my computer at home & dig out a good pic to put on mine!
The beginning of our trip in January will be over Martin Luther King weekend (Jan 12 - 29, 2006), our kids & their friends 13, 21, 24 & 26 ("we have yours, mine & ours" & the 13 year old was a suprise gift)will be along for the first 6 days then they go home & we stay. So I was figuring it might be busier then. Although I think January & February are pretty busy in Aruba anyway.
We don't have weeks, we have the points---we are using them up for this trip with extra rooms for all the kids, but someday we hope to be able to visit more than once a year. I am ready to go again now---especially since I have been on this board talking to all of you!
__________________
We ARUBA!!
January 12, 2011
CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #33  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

DO NOT TALK TO MY PARROT!!!

Wanda's dishwasher quit working so she called a repairman. Since she had to
go to work the next day, she told the repairman, "I'll leave the key under
the mat. Fix the dishwasher, leave the bill on the counter, and I'll mail you a check."




"Oh, by the way don't worry about my bulldog. He won't bother you. But,
whatever you do, do NOT, under ANY circumstances, talk to my parrot!" "I
REPEAT, DO NOT TALK TO MY PARROT!!!"




When the repairman arrived at Wanda's apartment the following day, he
discovered the biggest, meanest looking bulldog he has ever seen. But, just
as she had said, the dog just lay there on the carpet watching the repairman
go about his work.




The parrot, however, drove him nuts the whole time with his incessant
yelling, cursing and name calling. Finally the repairman couldn't contain
himself any longer and yelled,




"Shut up, you stupid, ugly bird!"
To which the parrot replied, "Get him, Spike!"
__________________
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #34  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 12:06 PM
susanna's Avatar
susanna susanna is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: January 3rd, 2005
Location: Shawinigan-Sud,Quebec, Canada
Posts: 697
susanna is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Oh Oh....... too late...... why couldn't he have kept his mouth shut!!!!


Good one Elaine.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #35  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 12:12 PM
donnie's Avatar
donnie donnie is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 29th, 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,548
donnie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Very good Elaine.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #36  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 12:16 PM
hookedonaruba's Avatar
hookedonaruba hookedonaruba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 6th, 2005
Location: New Castle, PA
Age: 69
Posts: 205
hookedonaruba is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

I'm not sure what this is but it seems to apply to a bunch of Aruba lovers like us!!!

One afternoon at Cheers, Cliff Clavin was explaining
the Buffalo Theory to his buddy Norm. And here's how it went:

"Well ya see Norm, it's like this...A herd of
buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd
is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that
are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a
whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members."

"In much the same way, the human brain can only
operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of
alcohol, as we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the
slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of
beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and
more efficient machine.
That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."
__________________
We ARUBA!!
January 12, 2011
CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #37  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 12:22 PM
susanna's Avatar
susanna susanna is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: January 3rd, 2005
Location: Shawinigan-Sud,Quebec, Canada
Posts: 697
susanna is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonaruba
I'm not sure what this is but it seems to apply to a bunch of Aruba lovers like us!!!

One afternoon at Cheers, Cliff Clavin was explaining
the Buffalo Theory to his buddy Norm. And here's how it went:

"Well ya see Norm, it's like this...A herd of
buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd
is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that
are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a
whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members."

"In much the same way, the human brain can only
operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of
alcohol, as we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the
slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of
beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and
more efficient machine.
That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

Oh Nooooo, now they'll say that we need to drink!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #38  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 12:25 PM
hookedonaruba's Avatar
hookedonaruba hookedonaruba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 6th, 2005
Location: New Castle, PA
Age: 69
Posts: 205
hookedonaruba is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Ok, here's one for the girls............................



Here are the top 10 things that men understand about women:

10.
9.
8.
7.
6.
5.
4.
3.
2.
1.
(You guessed it)
__________________
We ARUBA!!
January 12, 2011
CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #39  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Corrine's Avatar
Corrine Corrine is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 27th, 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,430
Corrine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Very good, hooked and Elaine!

Yes, that is me hooked I think from last year at the Flying Fishbone. That is Jamie with me!
__________________


Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #40  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 12:37 PM
hookedonaruba's Avatar
hookedonaruba hookedonaruba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 6th, 2005
Location: New Castle, PA
Age: 69
Posts: 205
hookedonaruba is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine
Very good, hooked and Elaine!

Yes, that is me hooked I think from last year at the Flying Fishbone. That is Jamie with me!

That pic just makes me want to be there all the more!!!!!
__________________
We ARUBA!!
January 12, 2011
CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #41  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Corrine's Avatar
Corrine Corrine is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 27th, 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,430
Corrine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonaruba
That pic just makes me want to be there all the more!!!!!
So do I!
__________________


Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #42  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 03:35 PM
donnie's Avatar
donnie donnie is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 29th, 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,548
donnie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

A pastor wanted to raise money for his church, and on being told that there was a fortune in horse racing, decided to purchase one and enter it in the races. However, at the local auction, the going price for a horse was so high that he ended up buying a donkey instead. He figured that since he had it, he might as well go ahead and enter it in the races. To his surprise, the donkey came in third.
The next day the local paper carried this headline:

PASTOR'S *** SHOWS. The pastor was so pleased with the donkey that he entered it in the race again, and this time it won.

The local paper read:

PASTOR'S *** OUT FRONT. The Bishop was so upset with this kind of publicity that he ordered the pastor not to enter the donkey in another race.

The next day, the local paper headline read:

BISHOP SCRATCHES PASTOR'S ***. This was too much for the Bishop, so he ordered the pastor to get rid of the donkey. The pastor decided to give it to a nun in a nearby convent.

The local paper, hearing of the news, posted the following headline the next day:

NUN HAS BEST *** IN TOWN. The Bishop fainted. He informed the nun that she would have to get rid of the donkey, so she sold it to a farmer for ten dollars.

The next day the paper read:

NUN SELLS *** FOR $10.00. This was too much for the bishop, so he ordered the nun to buy back the donkey and lead it to the plains where it could run wild.

The next day the headlines read:

NUN ANNOUNCES HER *** IS WILD AND FREE.

The bishop was buried the next day...
_________________
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #43  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Dogwriter's Avatar
Dogwriter Dogwriter is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 525
Dogwriter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonaruba
Ok, here's one for the girls............................



Here are the top 10 things that men understand about women:

10.
9.
8.
7.
6.
5.
4.
3.
2.
1.
(You guessed it)
HUH?
Walt
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #44  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 03:44 PM
ruba4ever's Avatar
ruba4ever ruba4ever is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: May 15th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,881
ruba4ever is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Come on Dogwriter!!! How are you going to have a business with all women, when you don't understand them??? Now you get it?
ruba
__________________
Only happy people allowed!













































Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #45  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 03:45 PM
hookedonaruba's Avatar
hookedonaruba hookedonaruba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 6th, 2005
Location: New Castle, PA
Age: 69
Posts: 205
hookedonaruba is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Good One donnie!!!!!

Since we're on this subject, How about this one.............


Sitting behind a couple of nuns at a baseball game (with their habits
partially blocking the view), three men decided to badger the nuns in an
effort to get them to move. In a very loud voice, the first guy said, "I
think I'm going to move to Utah , there are only 100 nuns there." The
second guy spoke up and said, "I want to go to Montana, there are only 50
nuns there." The third guy said, "I want to go to Idaho , there are only 25
nuns there." One of the nuns turned around, looked at the men, and in a
very sweet calm voice said, "Why don't you go to Hell...... there aren't
any Nuns there."

whoops, is this PG-13??????
__________________
We ARUBA!!
January 12, 2011
CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #46  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 03:46 PM
ruba4ever's Avatar
ruba4ever ruba4ever is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: May 15th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,881
ruba4ever is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

hooked...good one! I think you fell in the pg-13 range.
ruba
__________________
Only happy people allowed!













































Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #47  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 03:46 PM
hookedonaruba's Avatar
hookedonaruba hookedonaruba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 6th, 2005
Location: New Castle, PA
Age: 69
Posts: 205
hookedonaruba is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruba4ever
Come on Dogwriter!!! How are you going to have a business with all women, when you don't understand them??? Now you get it?
ruba



Maybe that's the point!!!!!
__________________
We ARUBA!!
January 12, 2011
CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #48  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 03:48 PM
ruba4ever's Avatar
ruba4ever ruba4ever is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: May 15th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,881
ruba4ever is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

hooked...we both get the point, now Dogwriter needs to get it lol
ruba
__________________
Only happy people allowed!













































Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #49  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 03:50 PM
hookedonaruba's Avatar
hookedonaruba hookedonaruba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 6th, 2005
Location: New Castle, PA
Age: 69
Posts: 205
hookedonaruba is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruba4ever
hooked...we both get the point, now Dogwriter needs to get it lol
ruba

Do you think some of them ever will?????? I think I have another funny along those lines I'll look for it! How's things in New Ken?????
__________________
We ARUBA!!
January 12, 2011
CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #50  
Old Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 03:50 PM
donnie's Avatar
donnie donnie is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 29th, 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,548
donnie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An attempt to lighten things up Part 2...

Hey you two. Leave Dogwriter alone! He gets the point! There may not be job offers now ruba!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All Things Natalee Part II dwippies Aruba in General 1690 Saturday, August 27th, 2005 08:56 PM
Let's Put Things in Perspective -- Response Twilyte Aruba in General 5 Monday, June 13th, 2005 02:28 PM
An attempt to lighten things up hooville1 Aruba in General 132 Wednesday, June 8th, 2005 06:28 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2006 -2011 - CaribMedia.com