Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Thursday, December 28th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Almost Aruban

Liz from N.J. is on a distinguished road
Default Attention: La Cabana Villa Owners

Starting Jan. 8, 2007 owners at La Cabana Villas will not be able to use the beach chairs or shade huts on the beach. Villa owners also may not use the pool or hot tubs at the Beach & Racquet Club. Villa owners are welcome to dine and drink in the restaurants and bars/lounge at the BRC.

This sign went up this morning in the lobby of the BRC.

As a Villa and BRC owner I find this insane.

Also, they will be numbering the shade huts. In the morning (I don't know what time as I did not go to the owner meeting yesterday), BRC owners will line up and be given a number and pick you a hut on a first-come basis. This is done at the Holiday Inn.

I will be here another 2 1/2 weeks, so hopefully I will find out more.

Last edited by Liz from N.J.; Friday, December 29th, 2006 at 07:34 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, December 28th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Almost Aruban

pgsoder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Attention: La Cabana Villa Owners

Liz you are so right, this is insane. I wonder how BRC will know that you might be from the Villas, could be the ole bright colored plastic bracelets to tell where you are staying?? I know some people that own at the Villas for 3 weeks in Dec. and always spend their days at the BRC pool, they are going to be wild when they find out the new rules.
Old Thursday, December 28th, 2006, 10:09 AM

hookedonaruba is on a distinguished road

Are the Villas the ones across from the main building? Or the ones adjacent to the pool/beach area? We leave for Aruba on January 19th & are owners too.
Old Thursday, December 28th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonaruba View Post
Are the Villas the ones across from the main building? Or the ones adjacent to the pool/beach area? We leave for Aruba on January 19th & are owners too.
The Villas are across from the main building in back of the BRC lobby.

Old Thursday, December 28th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Aruba Expert

2hokies is on a distinguished road

I can't believe it! I'll remember never to request the villas on an II exchange!
Old Thursday, December 28th, 2006, 12:15 PM

Gene K is on a distinguished road
Default Segregation at La Cabana

So funny it's sad.
Old Thursday, December 28th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Almost Aruban

Corrine is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately, this is a financial decision. The Villas and BRC are no longer under the same ownership. I agree with the Villas not using our pool and hot tubs, because they are not paying for it.

The beach is a different story - where are Villa people supposed to go? And signing up for a hut???? Please! We are not the Holiday Inn!

People who own at both places need to be accomodated. I planned on renting a night at the Villas in April, so it looks like I am messed up too.

Liz, please keep us informed. There is also some info on the LaCabana BB, Marc has posted what was discussed at the meeting.

Old Thursday, December 28th, 2006, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
I agree with the Villas not using our pool and hot tubs, because they are not paying for it.

The beach is a different story - where are Villa people supposed to go?
They can use the beach because it's a public beach. Just not the huts. If I owned at the BRC I would be jumping for joy. If I owned at the Villas I would be applying ice to the wounds I just took!
Old Thursday, December 28th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene K View Post
They can use the beach because it's a public beach. Just not the huts. If I owned at the BRC I would be jumping for joy. If I owned at the Villas I would be applying ice to the wounds I just took!
Very true, Gene! It is which side of the fence you are on! Unfortunately people like Liz are scr*wed!

Old Thursday, December 28th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Almost Aruban

I am a owner at the BRC. I own a 2 bedroom oceanfront "E" unit.
Old Thursday, December 28th, 2006, 08:40 PM

Arubaman is on a distinguished road

Liz
I have many friends that go stay a the Lacabana Villas but they do not own or rent, they buy the week from a travel agent. Do these people have the right to use the BRC like they did in years past?

Ron
Old Thursday, December 28th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arubaman View Post
Liz
I have many friends that go stay a the Lacabana Villas but they do not own or rent, they buy the week from a travel agent. Do these people have the right to use the BRC like they did in years past?

Ron
Arubaman - anyone staying in the Villas - owners (unless they also own at the BRC) or people buying a week from a Travel Agent cannot use the BRC facilities. They can use the restaurants but must pay by cash or credit card. They cannot charge to their unit. This started when I was here in April.

Old Friday, December 29th, 2006, 08:30 AM

andrea j. is on a distinguished road

I have gotten a PM from a Lacabana BRC board member that Paul and I have been friendly with throughout the years. If he gives me the OK to post it here I will.

Also too, on another BB, Marty another BRC board member made this post.

I tend to agree.

As a BRC owner, I insist that the Villas live up to their fiduciary responsibilites.

here is Marty's post.

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:04 pm Post subject: As usual most folks have only half of the story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As usual most folks have only half of the story. Anyone who owns at both properties is not effected at all by these changes which were forced by the Villas management not paying their bills to the Beach and Racquet Club. They owe in excess of $600,000 which will be collected ultimately from the members of the Villas co op Playa Blanca. As per the court ruling the BRC gave them 30 days to clear up there accounts payable. We have attempted to assist them by offering room charges for their guests and by allowing them up to 60 days to pay current bills.

Now there guests and members will no longer have use of the tennis courts, racquet ball courts, health clubs, beach huts and chaises and they no longer have beverage service on the beach unless they pay cash. The court ruled that the management company could not unilaterally reduce payments just becasue they are in financial trouble. The BRC kept the access rate unchanged for over 12 years, without adjusting for inflation, as is common in Aruba.

The BRC could not continue subsidizing the Villas by giving them free or discounted use of our facilities and only took this action when they refused to pay up.

As for people stealing towels, security will be watching for the good towels going toward the Villas and will prosecute anyone caught stealing the towels, which by the way will not be determining who can use what. An owners or guest ID will be required to be assigned a hut and chaises. The BRC is only doing what most other properties have been forced to do with interlopers using their facilities.
Old Friday, December 29th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Almost Aruban

As a BRC and Villa owner I see the point of the BRC. All the Villas has to do it pay up what it is owed to the BRC. Boy are they going to hear from me for the next 2 weeks.

Old Friday, December 29th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Almost Aruban

I just got back from speaking to Anna in the members services department of the BRC.

She was very upset at what is going on. Many people that work at the Villas (front desk, mainteance, security, etc) have worked at the BRC. These workers from the BRC and Villas have been friends for many years. Now they feel divided.

As a Villa and BRC owner, I just hope the Villas pay what they owe and that we all get back to being friends on the One Happy Island.

I will be here another 2 weeks and I will let myself be heard at the Villas.

Old Friday, December 29th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Almost Aruban

I have been at the BRC for the last week. Today I move to the Villas and next week back to the BRC.

As a BRC owner I will have to show my BRC ID to get a chair and hut on the beach. Now get this. My friend that will be staying with me in the Villa is NOT allowed to use the beach chairs or huts as she is not a owner at the BRC. Of course she can go to the beach but she will have to sit in the sun on the sand.

This is what they are saying. Say if you coming for your week and arrive a day or 2 early and you have rented those extra nights at the Villas. Say your husband or children are not on the owners contract. Anna in Members Services at the BRC told me that even they are not allowed to use the BRC pool, beach chairs, huts or any other BRC facilities.

I told Anna that I have heard of people that own at the BRC but their parents or other family members stay at the Villas during the same week. Can't they sit under the hut with their family that owns at the BRC. She said no.

The original start date was Jan. 1 but was changed to Jan. 8 as the BRC was overbooked and the extra people were put up at the Villas.

My daugher is using one of my Villa weeks in April. Now I will have to pay $100.00 to add her name to my BRC owners contract so that she can use the BRC facilities.
Old Friday, December 29th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Aruba Expert

ArubaAmy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz from N.J. View Post
As a BRC and Villa owner I see the point of the BRC. All the Villas has to do it pay up what it is owed to the BRC. Boy are they going to hear from me for the next 2 weeks.
You go, girl!!!

26th trip to Aruba: April 2012
27th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2012
Old Friday, December 29th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
I have been at the BRC for the last week. Today I move to the Villas and next week back to the BRC.

As a BRC owner I will have to show my BRC ID to get a chair and hut on the beach. Now get this. My friend that will be staying with me in the Villa is NOT allowed to use the beach chairs or huts as she is not a owner at the BRC. Of course she can go to the beach but she will have to sit in the sun on the sand.

This is what they are saying. Say if you coming for your week and arrive a day or 2 early and you have rented those extra nights at the Villas. Say your husband or children are not on the owners contract. Anna in Members Services at the BRC told me that even they are not allowed to use the BRC pool, beach chairs, huts or any other BRC facilities.

I told Anna that I have heard of people that own at the BRC but their parents or other family members stay at the Villas during the same week. Can't they sit under the hut with their family that owns at the BRC. She said no.

The original start date was Jan. 1 but was changed to Jan. 8 as the BRC was overbooked and the extra people were put up at the Villas.

My daugher is using one of my Villa weeks in April. Now I will have to pay $100.00 to add her name to my BRC owners contract so that she can use the BRC facilities.

That will be the day, where I am going to make Jamie sit in the sun, by herself, because she is not on our contract!

I assume that if we rent our BRC unit (which I did for 2007), our renters can use the huts and chaises???

Old Friday, December 29th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
That will be the day, where I am going to make Jamie sit in the sun, by herself, because she is not on our contract!

I assume that if we rent our BRC unit (which I did for 2007), our renters can use the huts and chaises???
I

Yes, your renters will be able to use the huts & chairs just like I will be able to next Friday when I return to the BRC.

Now that I think of it, it's not going to help by me paying $100.00 to add my daughter as a owner to my BRC unit. She will be coming with her boyfriend to my unit in April. Since he is not a owner, he won't be able to use the chairs/huts. I don't think Tina is going to sit on a chair under a hut and have her boyfriend sit on a towel on the sand in the sun.

It's almost 12 noon. Off I go to change from the BRC to the Villas.
Old Friday, December 29th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
I

Yes, your renters will be able to use the huts & chairs just like I will be able to next Friday when I return to the BRC.

Now that I think of it, it's not going to help by me paying $100.00 to add my daughter as a owner to my BRC unit. She will be coming with her boyfriend to my unit in April. Since he is not a owner, he won't be able to use the chairs/huts. I don't think Tina is going to sit on a chair under a hut and have her boyfriend sit on a towel on the sand in the sun.

It's almost 12 noon. Off I go to change from the BRC to the Villas.
Isn't this ridiculous?!

Thanks for all your info!

Old Saturday, December 30th, 2006, 05:07 PM

TomR is on a distinguished road

Liz: You might want to check with Jessica on this issue as I am not sure that Anna is correct in telling you that an owner’s guest cannot use our facilities unless both are staying at the resort. As owners, we have day privileges at the resort regardless of whether we are staying there or not. I have never taken advantage of this but assumed, as an owner, I could bring up to three guests with me since our 1 bedroom holds four people. If my assumption is correct, Anna is wrong. If my assumption is incorrect, the day privilege is useless as far as I am concerned, and the new policy needs to be tweaked. I don’t think its purpose is to hassle owners.
Old Saturday, December 30th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomR View Post
Liz: You might want to check with Jessica on this issue as I am not sure that Anna is correct in telling you that an owner’s guest cannot use our facilities unless both are staying at the resort. As owners, we have day privileges at the resort regardless of whether we are staying there or not. I have never taken advantage of this but assumed, as an owner, I could bring up to three guests with me since our 1 bedroom holds four people. If my assumption is correct, Anna is wrong. If my assumption is incorrect, the day privilege is useless as far as I am concerned, and the new policy needs to be tweaked. I don’t think its purpose is to hassle owners.
Tom, I think Liz's guests were renting at the Villas, that is why they cannot use the BRC facilities. I'm sure all our guests that stay with us in our units are all allowed to use the huts and facilities. We were just discussing this today and I told my daughter she will be issued that paper guest card, which I assume will let her use the facilities!

Old Saturday, December 30th, 2006, 11:39 PM

Hi Corrine: I guess my last post was as clear as mud. After I re-read it, I know I did not get my point across. Let me try again.

I was told that as an owner I have day privileges at LaCabana. I took that to mean that even if I am staying elsewhere on the island on coming in on a cruise ship, I could use the facilities at LaCabana. I always assumed (and that is not always a good thing to do) that I could bring a few guests with me, otherwise what is the point of day privileges.

Liz mentioned that she could get her daughter on the deed for $100. If she did that, her daughter has day privileges at the resort even though she is not staying there, and could take her friend as a guest. I guess it all boils down to what is meant by daily guest privileges. Maybe Jessica could explain that to Liz. While we are waiting for that, have a HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Old Sunday, December 31st, 2006, 08:12 AM

KarenF is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know if the BRC is willing to rent out chairs or hut's to the Villa guest on a daily basis? They rent chairs to the people that come off the ship and hang out on the beach.
Old Sunday, December 31st, 2006, 09:24 AM

currently lacabana brc does not rent chairs and/or huts to anyone.
that being said, maybe it will now happen since the new policy takes effect tomorrow.
here's hoping that villas pay up what is owed or at least make an attempt to make things right....................then this beach hut and chair situation will be solved. or so i hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenF View Post
Does anyone know if the BRC is willing to rent out chairs or hut's to the Villa guest on a daily basis? They rent chairs to the people that come off the ship and hang out on the beach.
Old Sunday, December 31st, 2006, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea j. View Post
currently lacabana brc does not rent chairs and/or huts to anyone.
that being said, maybe it will now happen since the new policy takes effect tomorrow.
Don't hold you breath. There's no real incentive for BRC to rent them out.
Old Sunday, December 31st, 2006, 01:38 PM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
That is a good point, Karen!

Tom - Another good point! This year I stayed at Aruba Beach Club, and went to the LaCabana Beach a couple of days. A security guard asked if I was a member and I said yes. As of tomorrow, I guess we have to show our ID cards. But my 19 year old doesnt have one and is not on the contract. How are the guards going to distinguish between our guests who are friends and who are family members?

I am assuming we can bring guests if we have day privileges. Maybe Liz can find out while she is there!

Old Sunday, December 31st, 2006, 01:58 PM
Aruba Expert

amie is on a distinguished road

The whole things sounds ridiculous. The scenario of bringing a guest who has to sit in the sun on the sand while the owner sits under the hut on a chair just clearly shows how stupid it is. Are they going to be walking around all day asking people who are at the huts to show ID? And if a guest were to sit in the chair of an owner while he/she goes to get a drink or jump in the water, that's going to be considered a crime so-to-speak? I feel for both sides on this, but isn't this just a tad silly? Sounds like a childish way to deal with an adult problem: unpaid bills. I hope it all works out and soon.
"I'm not an actress. I just play one on t.v."
Old Sunday, December 31st, 2006, 02:05 PM

some folks are getting the idea that lacabana BRC rents out chairs and huts.
they do not.

the folks that rent chairs on the section of eagle beach in front of the BRC is an independant merchant, not lacabana brc or villas

Quote:
Old Sunday, December 31st, 2006, 03:41 PM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
some folks are getting the idea that lacabana BRC rents out chairs and huts.
they do not.

the folks that rent chairs on the section of eagle beach in front of the BRC is an independant merchant, not lacabana brc or villas

You're right, Andrea. And how convenient they started doing this right before the new ruling! I assume the Villa people can rent these chairs too? How many people off the cruise ship will come up to LaCabana? How would they hear about it?

Old Sunday, December 31st, 2006, 04:48 PM

I totally understand their reasoning behind this. But, it's the Villa guest that are taking the blunt of it, after all some of us have paid our dues..... I just think that renting chairs and huts to the Villa guest should be considered.
Old Sunday, December 31st, 2006, 05:18 PM
Almost Aruban

That independent Chaise Lounge renter has been renting at LaCabana's beach for at least 2 maybe 3 years. I rented one last year in Feb. it was $10.00 per day. He was also there last Dec. (2005).
When we were just there this Dec., one day there was 3 ships in port and we only noticed 3 or 4 people on chaises with Cruise Ship Towels.
Old Sunday, December 31st, 2006, 06:07 PM

convenient yes! but, they have been on the beach long before the recent ruling.

you assume right that the villa people can rent these chairs too.
re: cruise ship folks using the beaches in aruba. any public beach is available for their use. our houseguest just got off a 14 day holland america cruise and spent a "monday Dec 18" in aruba. the cruises advertise that all of the beaches are "public", which they are. AND advertise that there are certain beach locations where the cruisers can rent chairs. i see nothing wrong with any of this.

aruba, one happy island and let's help Aruba's tourism industry prosper
things have taken a beating since 9-11-01 and the NH events.

Quote:

You're right, Andrea. And how convenient they started doing this right before the new ruling! I assume the Villa people can rent these chairs too? How many people off the cruise ship will come up to LaCabana? How would they hear about it?
Old Sunday, December 31st, 2006, 06:44 PM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
convenient yes! but, they have been on the beach long before the recent ruling.

you assume right that the villa people can rent these chairs too.
re: cruise ship folks using the beaches in aruba. any public beach is available for their use. our houseguest just got off a 14 day holland america cruise and spent a "monday Dec 18" in aruba. the cruises advertise that all of the beaches are "public", which they are. AND advertise that there are certain beach locations where the cruisers can rent chairs. i see nothing wrong with any of this.

aruba, one happy island and let's help Aruba's tourism industry prosper
things have taken a beating since 9-11-01 and the NH events.
I know the beaches are public! Sorry, I dont agree - I prefer cruise ship people go elsewhere! LaCabana is crowded enough!
JMO!

Old Sunday, December 31st, 2006, 07:16 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

i agree with you on this corrine. i think that the cruise lines should set up shop on one of the non hotel beaches. there are quite a few of them.

however, i do think that the citizens of aruba should continue to be able to use all of the beaches. what a terrible thing it would be if local residents had no beach areas.

Quote:
I know the beaches are public! Sorry, I dont agree - I prefer cruise ship people go elsewhere! LaCabana is crowded enough!
JMO!
Old Sunday, December 31st, 2006, 07:17 PM
Almost Aruban

Excellent suggestion, Momma!

Have a happy, healthy and safe New Year, everyone!

Old Sunday, December 31st, 2006, 09:30 PM

Hope that liz of NJ gives us an update tomorrow of the 1st day of the "new policy".

It would be a reasonable expectation for the cruise lines to stake out an area of beach for the cruise ship customers. That being said............... who knows what'll happen?!

Here's hoping we hear from Liz of NJ tomorrow.
Old Wednesday, January 3rd, 2007, 01:39 AM
Almost Aruban

On Monday morning - Jan 1st the below is the letter I received in my mailbox by my Villa door:

O.H.E.M. N.V.

December 30, 2006

By means of this letter, OHEM and Playa Blanca Management would like to react to an undated info issued by the Management of the La Cabana Beach and Racquet Club (the Coop) announcing that you may no longer use the facilities and amenities at the La Cabana Beach and Racquet Club (LBR) and add so important information you need to know, and they left out.
Let’s set the record straight about the monies owed, by whom and how much. By November 23rd, 2005, the Coop owes to the combination OHEM/Playa Blanca close to One Million US dollars. No payment has been received at this time. The amount due to OHEM/Playa Blanca is composed of some major amounts, such as the incorrect settlement of Management Fees, starting on February 2002. The relevant amount is close to One Million Five hundred Thousand US dollars. Another big amount relates to Inventory goods bought by OHEM on behalf of the operation of the Coop for almost Three hundred Thousand US dollars. The Coop must also compensate Playa Blanca for all of the assets it has retained at the termination date for which it only paid 55% or less whilst the balance was paid by Playa Blanca. The exact number is difficult to determine, as the Coop does not want to release our documents, but a realistic estimation is that the amount is at least Five hundred Thousand US dollars.

· As long as the matter of Usage Fee is still in Court, we prefer to not comment on the statement of the Coop. As a consequence of the position Playa Blanca has taken in this matter, it of course is not paying. This should not surprise the BOD of the Coop.

· The Coop doesn’t mention that it hasn’t paid OHEM for telephone bills and charges for internet connectivity, for an amount of over $100,000.00. These charges cover the period November 2005 till October 2006. The Coop, however, has collected the relevant charges from Owners and Guests staying in the LBR.

· The Coop pretends that OHEM must pre-pay for vouchers and wristbands for F&B services (usage) that cannot be redeemed anymore. OHEM has offered to offset used F&B vouchers and wristbands against the used telephone and Internet services. OHEM is waiting for payment as the balances is a payable by the Coop.

For further info, please do not hesitate to call the following individuals related with the LBR.
Mr. Patrick Brown t. 583-4242, Mr. Joe Najjar t. 587-2831, or Mr. Marc Anthony t. 587-0809.
In closing, we want you to extend our invitation to visit us and enjoy our facilities and amenities.

Below is a letter that was posted in the Lobby of the Beach and Racquet Club the night of when the above letter was received by the Villas owners.

January 2, 2007

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Effective January 8th, 2007 La Cabana Villas guest will no longer have access to the following Beach & Racquet Club facilities:

· Swimming Pool, Hot Tubs, Lounge and Straight chairs.
· Health Club facilities.
· Activities and Kids Club.

Beach Tiki Huts and Beach chairs are available until further notice.

This was never our intention; however circumstances forced us to take these unfavorable measures.

Please feel free to access the property on your way to/from the beach and visit our various Food and Beverage outlets.

Old Wednesday, January 3rd, 2007, 07:50 AM

Thanks for the update Liz.........
Old Wednesday, January 3rd, 2007, 11:12 AM
Almost Aruban

What a mess!

Old Wednesday, January 3rd, 2007, 04:00 PM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomR View Post
Tom - I just spoke to Jessica. Yes, any guests in my unit have the usesage of the beach chairs and huts. At first she said no they could not but then changed it. She said she didn't understand what I meant.
Old Wednesday, January 3rd, 2007, 04:27 PM
Almost Aruban

As I am an owner at both the Villas and the BRC I spoke to Jessica at the BRC today. She is very sorry at what is happening as she knows that there are many families that own at both the BRC & Villas but there was nothing else they could do.

As told to me by Jessica regarding use of the BRC facilities:

* If I am staying at the Villas, I and my guests in my unit will be able to use the beach chairs and huts. I will have to show my BRC owner ID card.

* My daughter will be using one of my Villa units in April. Since my daughter is not an owner under my contract, I will have to pay $100.00 fee to add her name as a owner as I will not be in the unit with her. Then she and her friend that she is coming with will be able to use the BRC facilities.

* Regarding families that own at the BRC that have other memebers stay at the Villas. Those family members at the Villas will not be able to use the facilities at the BRC.

Marc posted today on the La Cabana BRC bulletin board that (quote) The villas has put an injunction so the beach is for both brc and villas . The brc had ask for a quick resolution but the judge said not so it looks like the beach issue will be an ongoing case.

I have also been told that since the huts are secured in the ground (sand) that by Aruban law that they are public domain.
Old Wednesday, January 3rd, 2007, 04:44 PM
Aruba Expert

2hokies is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I have also been told that since the huts are secured in the ground (sand) that by Aruban law that they are public domain.
That could open a whole new can of worms at every place that has stationary huts!
Old Wednesday, January 3rd, 2007, 05:49 PM
Almost Aruban

This is sure one giant mess for both BRC and Villa owners. I am so sorry for all owners.
It almost seems like the fight between the Hatfields and McCoys.
Old Wednesday, January 3rd, 2007, 06:05 PM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
As I am an owner at both the Villas and the BRC I spoke to Jessica at the BRC today. She is very sorry at what is happening as she knows that there are many families that own at both the BRC & Villas but there was nothing else they could do.

As told to me by Jessica regarding use of the BRC facilities:

* If I am staying at the Villas, I and my guests in my unit will be able to use the beach chairs and huts. I will have to show my BRC owner ID card.

* My daughter will be using one of my Villa units in April. Since my daughter is not an owner under my contract, I will have to pay $100.00 fee to add her name as a owner as I will not be in the unit with her. Then she and her friend that she is coming with will be able to use the BRC facilities.

* Regarding families that own at the BRC that have other memebers stay at the Villas. Those family members at the Villas will not be able to use the facilities at the BRC.

Marc posted today on the La Cabana BRC bulletin board that (quote) The villas has put an injunction so the beach is for both brc and villas . The brc had ask for a quick resolution but the judge said not so it looks like the beach issue will be an ongoing case.

Liz - Are you signing up for a hut?? How is that going and what is the procedure?

Old Wednesday, January 3rd, 2007, 08:02 PM

Paul and I are most appreciative that Liz of NJ took the time from her vacation to go to guest relations more than once and to make posts keeping us abreast more than once.

Thank you Liz

Andrea and Paul
Old Wednesday, January 3rd, 2007, 08:40 PM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
Liz - Are you signing up for a hut?? How is that going and what is the procedure?
M

They did not number the huts yet. Since the huts are secure in the sand and the with the injuction (see my post above where I quoted Mark that went to the meeting today) maybe the numbering of the huts are on hold. Another question I will ask tomorrow.

I was up at Playa Linda last night and saw the huts their numbered. I will have to find out what's going on there. Maybe Chriswillie knows.

I was told the numbering of the huts (besides keeping Villas owners of the off beach chairs & under huts) was to control people taking huts and chairs and leaving for hours.

Old Wednesday, January 3rd, 2007, 09:25 PM
Almost Aruban

I also thank you for your time!

Please keep us posted! I dont see where numbering huts is going to stop people from getting one and leaving for hours!

Quote:
M

They did not number the huts yet. Since the huts are secure in the sand and the with the injuction (see my post above where I quoted Mark that went to the meeting today) maybe the numbering of the huts are on hold. Another question I will ask tomorrow.

I was up at Playa Linda last night and saw the huts their numbered. I will have to find out what's going on there. Maybe Chriswillie knows.

I was told the numbering of the huts (besides keeping Villas owners of the off beach chairs & under huts) was to control people taking huts and chairs and leaving for hours.

Old Friday, January 5th, 2007, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Tom - I just spoke to Jessica. Yes, any guests in my unit have the usesage of the beach chairs and huts. At first she said no they could not but then changed it. She said she didn't understand what I meant.
Thanks Liz for the information. From reading all of the stuff that is being posted about the legal issues between the Villas and BRC, I am afraid that Jessica’s answer may change from month to month. I hope everything works at well for your daughter’s vacation.
Old Saturday, January 6th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Almost Aruban

This is the letter that the Villas are giving guest when checking in.

La Cabana Villas

Dear guest,

Welcome to La Cabana Villas!

We are glad that are staying with us and wish you a most enjoyable stay.

Unfortunately we need to make you aware of a dispute between the two Resorts:
La Cabana Villas - our resort where you are staying and La Cabana Beach & Racquet Club, the resort located between us and the beach.

As of January 8th, 2007 La Cabana Villas guests may no longer use the La Cabana Beach & Racquet Club's:
Pool areas and Health Club areas
Restaurant and Bar consumption at the Racquet Club is On a cash or Credit Card charge basis

Beautiful Eagle Beach in front of the Racquet Club is a public beach anred is used by guests at both Resorts. However, as a Cabana Villas guest, you may not use the green strung lounge chairs belonging to the Racquet club. Kindly use the white strung beach chairs located towards the left side of the beach main access, that are available complientary for our Cabana Villa guest. Unfortunately with only some 80 beach huts located onour beach they are often not available. Our La Cabana Villas beach attendant (in red polo shirt) will be happy to assist you.

We are sorry for any inconvenience. On the other hand, we invite you to enjoy La Cabana Villas' two lovely free form pools located in our inner court yard; our Sunset pool bar with daily happy hour and the new Key Largo Casino including their Blue Marlin Restaurant and bar.

For additional restaurant choices please see our Guest Services Desk staff about "La Cabana Villas Dine Around".

Every one on the La Cabana Villas team wants to make your stay wth us more enjoyable. We are glad that you are here!

La Cabana Villas Teams Members